Forgotten kingdoms (mp scenario)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cepreu

Forgotten kingdoms (mp scenario)

Post by cepreu »

Hi, i created this post to discussion and suggestions about my multilayer scenario "Forgotten kingdoms". You can find it in addons section in Wesnoth 1.8.
MattDakka

Re: Forgotten kingdoms (mp scenario)

Post by MattDakka »

I played some games with this scenario, and I noticed that, in my opinion, some items are overpriced, other ones are underpriced, for example Ghoul's Blood (poison, feeding and melee increase) it's too strong for 25 gold, you should split these skills in different items, because the sinergy is too good, and too easy to get at once.
The intro is boring, it should be skipped with just one button.
The archer guards should ever stay in the castle (i.e. they should have 0 movement) because they tend to approach enemies and getting to bad terrains, without exploiting their advantage on the castle's walls.
The marshall acts in a silly way when attacked, he doesn't retreat in a village to heal himself, even if he has 6 movements.
Another thing I don't like it's the creep spawn: yesterday I played a match In which I faced Heavy infantry, drakes, Gryphon Riders against my Woses, elf shamans, and thieves. I like the idea of using random creeps but they should be the same for West and East sides, to keep the things balanced.
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
cepreu

Post by cepreu »

MattDakka wrote:I played some games with this scenario, and I noticed that, in my opinion, some items are overpriced, other ones are underpriced, for example Ghoul's Blood (poison, feeding and melee increase) it's too strong for 25 gold, you should split these skills in different items, because the sinergy is too good, and too easy to get at once.
Still does no sure that Ghoul's Blood is overpowered. After some matches with AI and humans, i still does not observe, that Ghoul's Blood is some kind of ultimate item. In some cases it is useful in some not.
MattDakka wrote:The intro is boring, it should be skipped with just one button.
Fixed in 0.2.6.
MattDakka wrote:The archer guards should ever stay in the castle (i.e. they should have 0 movement) because they tend to approach enemies and getting to bad terrains, without exploiting their advantage on the castle's walls.
No there is no good idea. If they will be with 0 movement, they will not go to help leader, if enemy attack him. I think it is not good behavior.
MattDakka wrote:The marshall acts in a silly way when attacked, he doesn't retreat in a village to heal himself, even if he has 6 movements.
Fixed in 0.2.6.
MattDakka wrote:Another thing I don't like it's the creep spawn: yesterday I played a match In which I faced Heavy infantry, drakes, Gryphon Riders against my Woses, elf shamans, and thieves. I like the idea of using random creeps but they should be the same for West and East sides, to keep the things balanced.
Fixed in 0.2.6. Now game uses standard Wesnoth factions. Still different for each side (for gameplay reasons). But whole of standard set of units from faction exist, so it will make game more balanced.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

At the start of the game many OOS errors occur, I guess it's due to the intro skip, but I'm not sure.
cepreu

Post by cepreu »

MattDakka wrote:At the start of the game many OOS errors occur, I guess it's due to the intro skip, but I'm not sure.
Sorry, can not find a way to make intro, which player can skip, without OOS errors. It is because every player can choose any variant (Skip or Next), so Old Mage die at different time for different players.
Fixed in 0.2.7 by returning to old style intro.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

I see.
Then my suggestion for the intro is: make it shorter, at least, because after the first time it becomes a boring waste of time, I have to remake matches often and each and every time I have to see the intro.
Don't get me badly, it's a good and well made intro in itself, I'm not criticizing your nice work, but I guess that a narrative intro is more suited to a campaign than to a multiplayer map.
People in multiplayer maps are eager to play and sometimes somebody quits even before the game starts, they are not interested in reading narrative stuff about the map, just playing it.
This is the reason I humbly suggest you to keep the intro as short as possible, I play your scenario and I tell you my direct impressions from personal experience.
cepreu

Post by cepreu »

MattDakka wrote:I see.
Then my suggestion for the intro is: make it shorter, at least, because after the first time it becomes a boring waste of time, I have to remake matches often and each and every time I have to see the intro.
Ok, i reduced intro in 3 messages from 5. Version 0.2.8.
Hope it help a little.
cepreu

Post by cepreu »

I stop the development of map and remove it from the Wesnoth server. If i brought inconvenience for someone, I'm sorry, but I want to devote my life to God and therefore it has no place for this activity.