Short Tension Cue (60s)

Create music and sound effects for mainline or user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TreizeCouleurs
Music Contributor

Short Tension Cue (60s)

Post by TreizeCouleurs »

Hey Folks,

As per Tylers request, I thought I'd give a go at writing a short (45-90s) cue for the short story sections.
I knocked this up this arvo, its a little empty at the moment (missing little tinges of percussion mainly) and the gap between the first and second Cello phrases is a second too long BUT give this a listen!

EDIT: Antiquated URL

Been tweaking my setup today and yesterday to try and get a more expressive fluid feel so this little cue was a fun demo towards that.

Is this possibly something along the lines of what your looking for?

Cheers
Last edited by TreizeCouleurs on September 16th, 2011, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: Short Tension Cue (60s)

Post by Sapient »

Beautiful music there. I am always impressed with your work, TC.

I just wanna say to whoever tries to download from that link BE CAREFUL what you click/agree to! That site has deceptive advertisements that say download or play then they try to install EXE files (probably virus or other malware). If you click the correct link then it says "Your download will begin shortly" and after a timer completes a countdown the link will appear.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
TreizeCouleurs
Music Contributor

Post by TreizeCouleurs »

Thanks Sapient for the kind words!!

Anywhere heres the updated version, with percussion and a fuller orchestration -> Not really a draft anymore.

Waiting for confirmation from anyone in power re is this what you guys were looking for in terms of storyline cues? I deliberately scored this to be a little open/sparse as no one wants hectic arrangements in the breaks between levels/when reading advancing storyline (atleast i hope not haha)

EDIT: URL Removed. Too many hosting site disagreements. Will wait and see if its worth re-upping; maybe a more explicit guideline re: what kind of music is needed would help. In the meantime working on a possible replacement for Frantic, sounds waaay dated and the orchestration always annoyed me -> replacements sounding good (hopefully hahaha) :)
Last edited by TreizeCouleurs on September 24th, 2011, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Although it’s usable as a single looping track in a scenario or story sequence as is, it sounds like it has some potential for a longer (two or three minutes long?) piece. It’s very nice, nonetheless, and I hope this gets approved for inclusion.

(Of course, we add-on authors could always use somber pieces like this regardless.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Nyaanyaa

Post by Nyaanyaa »

Please do not follow the URL to the updated version of the song! According to both WOP (https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/uploading.com) and hpHosts (http://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=uploading.com) the site is engaged in the distribution of malware.

TreizeCouleurs, you might want to try out mediafire.com, soundclick.com, or soundcloud.com, which are all known to be safe.