Wesnoth Timeline revived!

Discussion among members of the development team.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Shadowfury333
Location: In a wonderful place full of fire, and brimstone, and red guys poking me in the butt with pitchforks

Post by Shadowfury333 »

joshbosh321 wrote:why don't you do it?
I have no knowledge of the Wesnothian Geography.
Darkness called… But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "PICK UP THE PHONE, DARKNESS!", but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls.
—Night Elf Demon Hunter
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

Shadowfury333 wrote:
joshbosh321 wrote:why don't you do it?
I have no knowledge of the Wesnothian Geography.
look at the main maps in the official/some unofficial campaigns and make it up :)
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

Shadowfury333 wrote:What about Wesnoth Geography, is that ever going to be updated?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, I added that yesterday and allready people are complaining about how long its been since it was updated.

I'm going to fill it out when I'm done with the latest changes to the timeline. Of course anyone else who wants to help is welcome. Do we have the Campaign maps online anywhere or will we need to upload them?

You know it allways surpises me how my tinest actions here on the boards seem to have huge effects. 3-4 sentances that I paraprased from the intoduction to one of the chalange scenarios and put in timeline ended up inspiring shade to make TROW.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

I think that we both saw it and figured that it was there and we never noticed it:D:D
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Kamahawk wrote:
turin wrote:sure... how about in reign of Konrad II dacyn becomes seer, in reign of Konrad V campaign starts?

i'm fine with changing names in campaigns to be more logical.
I didn't mean I wanted you to cange names, I just wanted you to give me the list of kings leading up to the campaign, you can choose what ever you want (within reason, no King Turin :) ). As for Daycn, how old is he supposed to be anyways? Being an adult under one king and still breathing 3 kings latter would probebly make him older than a 100 hundered years (unless there was some seriuos regicide going on.... :shock: Campaign idea!).
dacyn is suppose to be very old... say 80-90 (which WAS old back in medieval times, which is what i'm basing my info on). I think saying he was 30 at the time of one king, who died ten years later, then another king reigned for twenty-five years (so he's 55), then another for thirty (so he's 85), then this king takes the throne.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

turin wrote:dacyn is suppose to be very old... say 80-90 (which WAS old back in medieval times, which is what i'm basing my info on). I think saying he was 30 at the time of one king, who died ten years later, then another king reigned for twenty-five years (so he's 55), then another for thirty (so he's 85), then this king takes the throne.
30+10=40
40+25=65
65+30=95
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
scott

Post by scott »

turin wrote: say 80-90 (which WAS old back in medieval times, which is what i'm basing my info on).
Dude. That's old now. Besides, wesnoth != medieval times (couldn't resist!!!!)!!

Anyway, what did you have in mind for the Wesnoth geography?
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

i figure white mages had better hygene than others in wesnoth. :)

(BTW, wesnoth ~=~ medieval + fantasy extra, but... :) )
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm