[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Huumy

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Huumy »

Sorry guys... I kinda messed up. Me and anoel are not in same team, right anoel?

So me and Scatha are hopefully in same team as a substitute team. The team name is - "Desperate Chances"?
I'm waiting for Scatha to confirm this in this forum thread.

Btw. Have I understood correctly that the tournament starts at september? (I'm kinda lazy atm to re-read the first post).
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Scatha

Post by Scatha »

Yes, I'm in for this reserve team. Apologies for not replying earlier -- I've been on holiday pretty much since my previous post in this thread, and I don't believe anyone had said at that point that a team name was a necessary part of the registration process (or perhaps they had but I'd thought of it as more of a formality).

I'm on British Summer Time (GMT+1) at present, though that will change to GMT in the autumn.
anoel

Post by anoel »

well, i teamed up with The MAze now. Dauntless should be informed, coz i wrote him already two pm regarding this topic. sorry huumy for the problems :? - i explained my pov in my pm to you.

I am in Germany and TheMaze is from Hungary. so we are GMT +2/+2 summertime +1/+1 wintertime. Maybe i can get TheMaze to introduce hisself here and to announce our teamname. :)
neki

Post by neki »

This is so booooooooooooorrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg! Lots of organizational stuff, bureaucracy, cozy chit chat and Facebook like giggling but no fighting! We have a full team list, why don't we random the teams already ?! :)

I have already written a software that generates permutations of the numbers between 1 and 16, but I think grywacz software from last year should be better since it embeds some criteria regarding time zones.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

neki wrote:This is so booooooooooooorrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg! Lots of organizational stuff, bureaucracy, cozy chit chat and Facebook like giggling but no fighting! We have a full team list, why don't we random the teams already ?! :)

I have already written a software that generates permutations of the numbers between 1 and 16, but I think grywacz software from last year should be better since it embeds some criteria regarding time zones.
Work for randomize tree is in progress, be patient. This TGT edition have some special rules for pairing, so a new code is needed. I am working for make it a "live ceremony". Just wait some days to see final outcome, I think it will worth it :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Now you made neki even more impatient :P
btw it was sidzej's software not grywacz's
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Vaynard

Post by Vaynard »

hi

If possible myself (Vaynard) and DigglerDirk would like to join the tournament under the name of The Vaynards.

I take it well be on the reserve squad until further notice ? or is that fully booked as well lol.

Let me know

Thanks

Vaynard
Faello

Post by Faello »

Currently confirmed teams:

(01) Random Noob Gamers , Dauntless & neki, GMT+1/GMT-5
(02) Nerds are US , The BlackSword & tekelili, GMT+0/GMT+1
(03) CDeath, Faello & sidzej, GMT+2/GMT+2
(04) North & South, plk2 & Nordmann, GMT+1/GMT+1
(05) Mystery Knights, Cutler & Rodgers, GMT ?/GMT ?
(06) Miso Hapi, soul_steven & tiboloid, GMT-5/GMT+10
(07) Paragons of Virtue, anoel & The Maze, GMT+2/GMT+2
(08) The Nameless, Mint & noob-killer, GMT+9.30/GMT+8
(09) Spaghetti Bolognese, Dunno & Ethelbert, GMT+2/GMT+2
(10) Tentacles of the Deep, nani & peace, GMT+2/GMT+2
(11) The Shadow of Death, ReNoM & True, GMT+4/GMT+4
(12) The Noughty Wookies, Dreadnough & nelson, GMT+1/GMT-5
(13) Ultimate Noobs, Rene & Zatoichi, GMT+1/GMT+1
(14) Pata Negra, khorne-flakes & Paxe, GMT +1/GMT+1
(15) Young Yippees, Naovy & Ondrew, GMT +2/ GMT +2
(16) The Infuriated Landfish Commando, Rigor & Horus, GMT+1/ GMT+1

Reserve:

(17) The Kamil Team, Filar & Eglwin013, GMT+2/GMT+2
(18) Desperate Chances, Huumy & Scatha, GMT ?/GMT+1
(19) The Vaynards, Vaynard & DigglerDirk, GMT ?/GMT ?
Last edited by Faello on August 13th, 2011, 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Atari and I might have a Forum substitute team.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
nelson

Post by nelson »

Hi all! Dreadnough and I have decided that our team name is The Noughty Wookiees!

Also, my timezone in the latest post is incorrect, I am GMT -5, not +5! I am on the east coast of the USA.

Can't wait to meet you on the battlefield!
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

powershot wrote:Atari and I might have a Forum substitute team.
Well if you and Atari made up your minds about joining, post/send us full names of players, team name and GMTs and we will put you on the reserve list.
nelson wrote: Also, my timezone in the latest post is incorrect, I am GMT -5, not +5! I am on the east coast of the USA.
Don't worry dude, Faello probably took your personal info from the first post where it stands wrong too, however i already wrote Dauntless about this typo some time ago, so we are just waiting for him to come back and correct it ;)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

I think I'll sit this one out guys. Thanks for the opportunity, but I have a campaign to work on. Maybe next time :D
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Great_Mage_Atari wrote:I think I'll sit this one out guys. Thanks for the opportunity, but I have a campaign to work on. Maybe next time :D
sure np :)
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

nani wrote:
Horus2 wrote:The Infuriated Landfish Commando
I wonder whether you ran into a copyright issue here. :shock:
==> Kolbur's LANDFISH <==
I hereby declare the "LANDFISH" and all it's derived works (mostly replays :D) public domain and free to use for anyone who is capable of wielding the incredible power of the LANDFISH! :twisted:
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Stand fast, warriors of Wesnoth,

what you have been waiting for is finally coming near!!

The team list is full and all the necessary stuff has been prepared, so:

I hereby announce, that the TGT First Round Tree will be created this Friday, August 19th, at 7 pm GMT.

And what is more, this time the groups and slots will be randomised fully live!!!

Thanks to the hard work of the vice admins alpha1 and Faello, and especially thanks to the creative and demanding coding work of tekelili, the TGT Crew has prepared a special Scenario, where the teams will be randomised live. All you need to do is to log on to the official wesnoth server on Friday, 7 pm GMT and join the hosted TGT game!

How the sorting will be done I will keep a surprise for you, but I can assure you it is completely amazing ( even better than in Harry potter ) and really worth joining to see it live!!

If for some reason you can not come for the sorting live, the tournament tree will be available shortly after on the main page of this thread. But do try to come to enjoy the enthusiastic sorting procedure and join in the lively discussions afterwards.

Hope to see as many of you as possible this Friday.

For the TGT Crew, Dauntless

P.S.: Be careful about the time zones, since some countries have winter and summer time, so they shift from one zone to another. For example Czech republic is GMT+1 in winter and GMT+2 in summer!
Last edited by Dauntless on August 15th, 2011, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.