[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rigor

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Rigor »

Sir Rigor sounds meek compared to Lord of the Ladder, but ok, yes i want it. the week you told me about was a week-end if i recall correctly, and not a whole 7 days week and i had to start contacting people via pm because they were not available immediately. there was no way to get in those responses in such a short time, kay. but anyways, im not alone with my request, only because u wrote to not drag the discussion here its so quiet.

today in the newspaper i read something interesting: "if everybody is of the same opinion and nobody disagrees, something is very wrong." it leads to situations where the opinion leader wont get any opposing comments in and no improvement can take place, ultimately weakening the companies position. i dont want to be overly dramatic now, part of my argumentation was in my pm to dauntless that u didnt read, but i dont want to make it appear that i am content to have it only as a "maybe or maybe not" map. I hope that you reconsider that maybe status - theres plenty of time to test it until the start of the tournie.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Rigor, if you, your team mate and the other team agrees to play on Terra Dwelve, you are allowed to do it by the rules. If your team or the opponent team does not want to play it, you / they are not forced to. I don't really see the problem here...
The way it is handled should be fair for all sides, or what is your intention? (I seriously don't understand, but see this "old" argument revive.. )

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Hey Rigor,

I also sent a PM to Daunt, Faello etc. but personally I think this is a reasonable compromise. I see it as a stepping stone to being allowed in next time. Hopefully we get to play some games on it and some others should too. Then either the games illustrate there is no problem, which strengthens the argument in the future, or they do highlight some problem, in which case the map can be adjusted and again stronger argument for the next TGT.

Also a minor point I noticed in neki's video; our team name is "Nerds R Us" not "Nerds are Us" :P
neki

Post by neki »

Rigor: "Guys, please let Terra Dwelve into this tournament"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHmvkRoEowc

As a personal opinion, I think Dauntless "half-ass" rule is very wise and it is that way exactly because people tend to equally agree/disagree on this issue.

And Rigor I don't see what the problem is: you're the lord of the ladder, you can win on any map, or can you ? :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

Rigor wrote:i dont want to be overly dramatic now, part of my argumentation was in my pm to dauntless that u didnt read, but i dont want to make it appear that i am content to have it only as a "maybe or maybe not" map. I hope that you reconsider that maybe status - theres plenty of time to test it until the start of the tournie.
:whistle:

I think neki nailed it with that yt vid, eot from me regarding this matter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to remind everybody that registration is still open but there's only 5 spots left, don't let others outrun you in that pursuit for glory ppl, join now! :eng: ^_^
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
nelson

Post by nelson »

I would like to announce that Dreadnough and I will be a team in the TGT tournament. He's in Germany and I'm in New York, but hopefully neki won't freak out about our timezones ;-) We have yet to choose a team name, but you can call us "Working Title" until we get something better :P
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Since neki is also moving to the US, I guess he wont protest too much ;)

Added you are :)
Zatoichi

Post by Zatoichi »

Hello, we are representation of wesnothmp.cba.pl

Team members: Rene, Zatoichi.
Team name: Ultimate Noobs.
Time zone: GMT +2
Last edited by Zatoichi on August 9th, 2011, 9:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paxe

Post by Paxe »

Another team...
Team name: Pata Negra
Team members: khorne-flakes and Paxe
Time: GMT +1

Hope we are still on time...

See you

Paxe
Best computer game ever played?...... Wesnoth, The Battle for Wesnoth, of course!
Naovy

Post by Naovy »

If there is still a free spot...
Team name: Young Yippees
Team members: Naovy and Ondrew
Time: GMT +1; GMT +2 with daylight saving time
Horus2

Post by Horus2 »

Hereby i announce i formed a team already with Rigor, we only have to come to an arrangament with the team name. :)

Beware... something undescribable walks in the deep... and soon it will emerge.

Actually it's not undescriable but an anglerfish, but you get the point.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Horus2 wrote:Beware... something undescribable walks in the deep... and soon it will emerge.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

:shock:
Attachments
1241186921421.jpg
1241186921421.jpg (40.54 KiB) Viewed 4390 times
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Wohooo, its raining TEAMS.

The capacity is kinda filled now. One team isnt sure if they will participate, I will make enquiries concerning that now. However do not cry if you want to join the TGT, because each time some team has to forfeit due to some problems.

So i am starting a team reserve list now. Do continue sending your applications, luck may shine upon you :)

I would also appeal to the teams that havent filled in their time zones or team name yet, to fill those in via PMs.

Once this is done, the TGT crew will make the groups, brackets, tourney tree and all the other necessary stuff we need to get started!

For the TGT Crew

Dauntless
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Dauntless wrote:The capacity is kinda filled now.
@grzywacz: i see no other element was deadly enough to be recombined with the leavers-part? :(
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.