[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

neki

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by neki »

OMG, map leavers team ?! Who's in it, you and... ? Or was this just a joke ? I am actually quite excited about RNG having some serious competition, otherwise this tournament would be too easy. Oups, no disrespect meant for the other competitors, so guess TGT would be equally easy for RNG with or without Map Leavers :D
nani

Post by nani »

Introducing...

Team Members: peace & nani
Team Name: Tentacles of the Deep
Time Zones: GMT+1 (+1 Daylight saving time) => GMT+2 (atm)

best regards, nani
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Welcome aboard, nani and peace.
The hearts of brave wesnothians will shiver when hearing the name of the Tentacles.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Welcome nani & peace, I love tentacles btw :D
images.jpg
images.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 4502 times
Just hope dont have to send some nerds to past and future to defeat your evil plans :P
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
ReNoM

Post by ReNoM »

Team name: The Shadow of Death
Timezone: GMT+4
Players: ReNoM and True
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Added :)
neki

Post by neki »

Woohooo! Welcome aboard, nani! 5 more teams and it's time to kick this tournament into overdrive!

Duckies ?! Quack ?! :)
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

wow, the list is filling up pretty quick. It would be awesome to play first round before school will become painfully exhausting :wink:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
neki

Post by neki »

Hey guys! Check out the tournament announcement on:

http://www.youtube.com/brutalwesnoth

Rigor could you make an announcement on the ladder website ?

Brutal cheers
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

i could but i dont want to. i am sullen because terra dwelve is not properly included and we have another half-assed solution to something that is certainly gonna make problems again. include it in the first 2 rounds and make it an option like we have it now in the semis + finals.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Dunno:

the first round can be announced to start earlier if the team list is full. But considering that people can be on vacation, it will most probably be prolonged into september, giving people the possibility to play in August or September.

Rigor:

After the comment about Terra-Dwelve i have looked at the map and i have found it very hard to attack there. So considering the time options of players i didnt want to force anybody to play a possibly 12 hour game. Why is it so important for you that it be included? Also, I dont see why it disturbs you when you arent even registered in the TGT...
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

ok guys (and neki ;)) this message is somewhat overdue, but Ducks of Doom will not participate in this tournament due to r/l-obstacles on my side and the unyielding loyalty on MrHase's :3 This means we will not be there to inflict our apocalyptic revanche on Northerners and Southerners... or provide the ass-kicking to daunt and neki, that they so luckily escaped last time :annoyed: However i will still stick around, even if not as an active player, to guide Faello and Dauntless with my vice-tgt admin decisions 8)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

it was important to me already in the last tgt where i fought for it but everything (organizing enough voters for the map, if i recall it was the magic number 6) was for nothing because of some unsatisfactory reasons that can be read in detail in the tgt 2 thread http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=105 - coming up with a "find me 6 players" in a few days was lame from the start and then not agreeing to count them really upset me since i was looking forward to playing the maps already. seeing this soap opera in the next tournament is very off, thats why i didnt register immediately and with gusto. and seriously, there was never any problem with attacking, maybe play it instead of looking at it, plenty of time until this tournament starts.
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

Neki, you did a wonderful (or "brutal", if that suits you better) job on the video! I almost died laughing when you introduced Spaghetti Bolognese :lol2:
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Faello

Post by Faello »

Rigor wrote:it was important to me already in the last tgt where i fought for it but everything (organizing enough voters for the map, if i recall it was the magic number 6) was for nothing because of some unsatisfactory reasons that can be read in detail in the tgt 2 thread http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=105 - coming up with a "find me 6 players" in a few days was lame from the start and then not agreeing to count them really upset me since i was looking forward to playing the maps already. seeing this soap opera in the next tournament is very off, thats why i didnt register immediately and with gusto. and seriously, there was never any problem with attacking, maybe play it instead of looking at it, plenty of time until this tournament starts.
Rigor, Rigor, Rigor... :whistle:

1) I've told you to find 6 players A WEEK before 1st TGT round has begun (I wasn't even asking about a decent replays from the games played on that map...), waiting for immediate reaction from you and players that were interested in putting Terra Dwelve into tournament - that shouldn't be a problem since you've told me that this map is played A LOT and I'm wrong it isn't popular.

I've not heard a thing about it during that week. After this time you've posted the list AFTER the first round of the tournament has already begun, thus there was a risk that people would've no time to train on this map if it would've been included it on the tournament map list at that moment. In the end only 5 players from that list actually took part in the TGT, since Cookie, IPS and Lobezno didn't play anything in that tournament.

I was again against putting this map on the list in this edition, from the reasons already stated by me in this topic, but Dauntless thought about a reasonable rule that allows players to play this map (and Castle Hopping) under condition that both teams want to play it, thus both teams are accepting full responsibility of their choice in this case and we will be only partially responsible for their decision (read: we will only have to clear the mess if some problem will occur but we won't be a source of this problem).

There's nothing half-assed about this solution, it's a well thought decision that takes a lot under consideration.
Rigor wrote:Include it in the first 2 rounds and make it an option like we have it now in the semis + finals.
Yeah, we should do it because sir Rigor wants it, otherwise he won't aprticipate and won't put an advert :P

Get over yourself dude. :wink:
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.