[Complete] The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dauntless
TGT Champion

Re: The Grand Tag! 2v2 Tournament - 3rd Edition!

Post by Dauntless »

Welcome Nerds :)

Also we have decided to give in to your and Noob Leavers demand to change the map pack :)

Thus I add a new set of maps into the permitted maps for 1st and 2nd round.

These maps will be in a new category which I invented for them. These maps will be allowed to play in round 1 and round 2, but only if both teams agree to play on them. (different from the other maps, where the losing team of the game choses the next map independently)

Maps added to this category are Castle Hopping Isle and Ruins of Terra-Dwelve. Just keep in mind that these maps arent put in the default pack because the TGT crew is concerned about their balance. So if you accept to play on them, you also accept the risk that you can get an unfavourable matchup.

Dauntless
Scatha

Post by Scatha »

This sounds fun! I'd be interested in playing, but I don't have a team. If anyone (perhaps Huumy?) is prepared to put up with me, I'll play.
neki

Post by neki »

That would be great Scatha, but you must promise that you and Huumy will play in the first round vs. me and Dauntless :)

Ok so what teams do we have until now ?!

1. Random Noob Gamers (Dauntless and neki)
2. Nerds R Us (The_Black_Sword and tekelili)
3. ???? (Scatha and Huumy ???) =>> Guys, please talk to each other and come up with a team name! and welcome :)

So 13 more teams to go... Still no tgt.wesnoth.org to start advertising on the ladder.subversiva.org and http://www.youtube.com/brutalwesnoth

And Mr. organizer sir, maybe you should but the teams registered so far in the first page, it would be a good incentive for viewers to speed up the registration process :)
Faello

Post by Faello »

CDeath <Faello & sidzej GMT+2/GMT+2> is on board.

We shall give no quarter, in the end you'll see only one colour:

Crimson.

Confessio est regina probationum.

- F.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hehe nice that you care neki, but the list is already posted on the first page :D
and they cant promise you that they will play against us.
And the requests have been sent. So thanks for all the inspiring suggestions :D
Btw no rush, if you read the propositions, you would know the registration phase is over a month long ;)

Welcome aboard CDeath, nice to have you here again :)
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Scatha wrote:This sounds fun! I'd be interested in playing, but I don't have a team. If anyone (perhaps Huumy?) is prepared to put up with me, I'll play.
It would be nice to play with you Scatha :). Btw my timezone is gmt +2.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
neki

Post by neki »

Faello wrote:CDeath <Faello & sidzej GMT+2/GMT+2> is on board.
Yayyy for CDeath!!! TGT would not have been the same without you guys. It's too bad we lost the skillful developers, but I was hoping Faello and friends and Duckies can make it :). Hooray once more! Btw. Faello and friends should pray not to get team RNG in the first round, otherwise it will be a very bleak color of crimson once more :P
Dauntless wrote:Hehe nice that you care neki, but the list is already posted on the first page :D
and they cant promise you that they will play against us.
And the requests have been sent. So thanks for all the inspiring suggestions :D
Btw no rush, if you read the propositions, you would know the registration phase is over a month long ;)
He he, nice that you offered to organize this Daunt, however, I think it was not a very bright idea: you organizing, you (well, we) winning, it does not look good on your resume :P

A) Back to topic, On the first page (1st or 2nd post) there is no list like the one we were discussing about. Just look at the previous TGT edition and you should see a colorful list on the 1st/2nd post in your case like that:

Slot 1. RNG (neki & Daunt)
Slot 2. Nerds R Us (tekelili and TBS)
Slot 3. (uncertain) Huumy vs. Scatha (!!! Team name required in 72 hours or slot becomes free
Slot 4. The mighty Faello, sidzej and friends :)
Slot 5.
Slot 6.
Slot 16.

Registration ends on 1st of September or when slots fill. ...

You get the idea, just actually read my sentences, if u don't :P

B) Propositions ?! I don't know what you wanted to say there, Daunt, better read your own sentences more carefully next time :P

[[ For the newbies out there: Btw. guys, me and Daunt are just kidding around, we are actually team mates :), actually I think we are the most powerful force in Wesnoth to be wrecked with, just to also have a glimpse of modesty :) ]]
soul_steven

Post by soul_steven »

Hello fellow wesnothians! I havent been around much due to focusing on school and getting some down time. However a tourney sounds awesome and seems like a perfect chance for me to awaken from my slumber. I will be looking around for a teammate this week, If interested message me. Very interested in this and glad to see another 2vs2 tourney in the making;)
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

For the sake of higher attractivity of games, we have decided to reserve 8 slots to the teams who advanced from 1st round of the TGT 2nd Edition.
The Mystery Knights, Cutler & Rodgers may join again. We'll give our decision soon.
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.
neki

Post by neki »

Glad you modified the 4th post with the team list, Daunt!

However, I still think a better place for such a critical announcement would be FIRST post, just before the signature: "Dauntless and the TGT Crew"

It should maybe go something like this:

IMPORTANT: (red color) The TGT team registered so far are listed down below. For the full TGT rules just view the second post.

1) Team 1
2) Team 2

16) free (for the moment)

This is how I see it, because at this point it's not so visible (the simple in the 4th post I mean)... Anyways, you do as you wish, you are the organizer :). I think that giving it a more "official" look would make the tournament more attractive and easy to follow by newbies. Let's not fall into making a "family only" tournament. The TGT should continue to expand by itself.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

I agree with neki that participating teams should be made better visible, also maybe it would be good to put information concerning dates and phases of the tournament in a separate place... with other words, make it like Faello made it last time :D
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
anoel

Post by anoel »

i would like to join. so if anyone is still searching for a teammate, message me! ;)

i am a middle class ladder player (only around 40 games so far) slowly climbing in the ranking. In 2vs2 i played by far most often isar's cross (surprise, surprise), but i know the other maps also. if you want to give it a try, write me a pm. :)
neki

Post by neki »

Scatha and Huumy, we would love to have you inthe TGT, but for that you need to establish communication (by other means than on this forum, just to make sure your team-mate is actually compatible with you - replys to emails, PMs, is a sport, etc.) and come up with a team name. No team name, no registration for the TGT :)

EDIT: tgt.wesnoth.org I salute you! :) TIME to kick this tournament into overdrive!!! Daunt, will you talk to Rigor about posting an announcement on the ladder website or do you want me to do it ?

neki
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hello everybody,
just shortly, since Ive been away the last few days and am leaving again in 5 hours or so.
I agree the graphics could be better (i tried to get Faello do this, because i knew hes really good at that originally, but he passed it on me)
Upon my arrival within 4 days, ill try to get it more colourful or so :) This is why i started the recruitment earlier, cause i wanted to have a time reserve since im hopping in and out.
Ill update the teams now and will leave the graphics to until my return.
Pls do continue posting (preferably pming) your ideas, suggestions and participation confirmations to me, they will be dealt with at the end of the week :)

And also dont forget to invite your friends, cause the TGT is an event not to be missed. I also got to the last TGT only because a participant told me about it, not cause of the thread, ads or anything else done by the TGT crew ;)

Cheers

Dauntless

EDIT: I have edited the rules post to make it more tidy. (by using a modified version sent to me by pauxlo, thanks a lot, mate :) ) Ill also poted the current teams into the first post.
Btw i got a completely new skin of the forums a few days ago and its kinda bugged for me - if i want to edit long msges the scrolling window seems to rewind back up all the time - its very similar to the 1.8.something mp lobby bug. Anybody knows whats causing it and how to get rid of it? Its really annoying if i have to edit stuff.

Peace out, mountains await me :)

Im also waiting expectantly for huumy/scatha and mystery knight to confirm their participation :)
plk2_

Post by plk2_ »

North & South / GMT+1
plk2 & Nordmann

We still have an open bill. :twisted: