Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Llewoj

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Llewoj »

LOL! Are artists really that much in demand here?
hhyloc
Translator

Post by hhyloc »

Llewoj wrote:LOL! Are artists really that much in demand here?
I'm not sure about this, but I think artists are very much admired here :P Talking about it, I think music contributors and maybe writers are also in demand.
R.I.P
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Llewoj wrote:LOL! Are artists really that much in demand here?
Llewoj, I don't know what your native medium is, but a lot of the artwork is more painterly than CG (though it's still ultimately digital, I guess.) Things like the story or intro graphics are something for which there is no shortage of demand, and are something that a traditional artist could be really good at. Do you have some examples of what you've done?
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

hhyloc wrote:Talking about it, I think music contributors and maybe writers are also in demand.
If the Fanw- er, Writers’ Forum and Music & Sound Development Forum are anything to go by, I’d say the musician and writer fields are already overpopulated. There’s only one active sound effect editor, though, so that’s one area that needs more help.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Llewoj

Post by Llewoj »

Hmm... My last work are drawings for this wrestling fed I role-play in... I'm a pencil person though I do dabble a little in watercolors... I haven't done anything fantasy themed for a long time though.

Edit: Removed artworks. Will post samples at a later date in the appropriate forums.
Last edited by Llewoj on July 14th, 2011, 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
powershot

Post by powershot »

Add some color and those might get committed. :lol2:

Seriously, those are pretty good.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

One of the general effects of Wesnoth being easy to mod is that there are many more people out there who can make content and ideas than there are people who can illustrate them well enough to not look bad when compared to the mainline work. Sprite artists are in particuarly high demand as sprites are the most required for alternate eras/special campaign units but portraits can also help a lot.

Those two don't resemble any mainline character who needs a portrait that I know of but with those skills if you can colour as well I'm sure you'd find plenty of people who'd be happy to have portraits made by you for their work. Most of the mainline art is getting fairly final and/or claimed by someone else but I'm sure there's some stuff that hasn't been caught yet as well.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Llewoj: Please post your artwork in one of the appropriate art forums. Art Contributions if it is intended for mainline Wesnoth. Art Workshop if it is for a Wesnoth add-on. Or the art thread in Off-Topic if it is neither.

And powershot, you're really not able to comment on what is mainline style.
lipk

Me

Post by lipk »

Hi all!

I'm not a particularly new player (killing orcs for 2 years or so), but didn't have a forum account yet. Recently, I have been working on a campaign (check out Journey to the East at campaign development section), and registered to be able to discuss with you about it.

I'm sure we will get on well!
TheWhiteKnight

Post by TheWhiteKnight »

Hi,
I am TheWhiteKnight. I play Wesnoth almost from the start... 6-7 years maybe... Its one of my favourites of course. Currently I am working on my first map pack in my free time (but it is not a lot) and I wont finish the work soon. I also have several campaign ideas and if someone want to create them I will be happy to share them and help
I would prefer to fail with honor, than win by cheating!
powershot

Post by powershot »

TheWhiteKnight wrote:Hi,
I am TheWhiteKnight. I play Wesnoth almost from the start... 6-7 years maybe... Its one of my favourites of course. Currently I am working on my first map pack in my free time (but it is not a lot) and I wont finish the work soon. I also have several campaign ideas and if someone want to create them I will be happy to share them and help
Hi.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Going to quote Gambit here.
Gambit wrote:Just a quick note. This thread was made to compile all the introductions and such. If we give everyone who introduces themselves here a large welcome, the thread will quickly overinflate with more welcomes than introductions. A welcome message has just as much warmth in a private message. More so, in fact, as it gains that personal touch.
CarterStar

Post by CarterStar »

Hello, I'm CarterStar (Carter/Tyler, whichever.) I'm extremely new to the forum/game. I just started playing today.
Basically, I'm a stereotypical beginner. I'm not sure what else to say, so I'll stop now. :]
Great_Mage_Atari

Post by Great_Mage_Atari »

Whats up Wesnothians!!
It's the Great_Mage_Atari here! The master of Undead tactics and the best at turning your crummy units into zombies! I prefer the Undead (not because I'm a creep but because I love the tactics involved!), but I can learn to kick butt with any faction. I love this game, and just recently joined the forums. If you want to be my friend on here, just add me! Let's play a game or talk Wesnoth some time!
I do play online, so if you want to play a master in a game, my gamer tag is the same as it is on here!!
bobknows

Post by bobknows »

Hi I'm bobknows I am working on making myself known on the Internet I have been playing through the campaigns and love to play undead or any custom race.
I think that I am smarter than I really am and may be incredibly stupid sometimes

I would love to help with coding wesnoth but I have few coding skills and need to find the tutorial.