What new terrain would be Great for your UMC?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Re: What new terrain would be Great for your UMC?

Post by Eleazar »

beetlenaut wrote:Underwater castles! Merman and nagas should be able to build castles instead of waiting for ruined human ones to sink.
That's been on the list for a long time, and thus i agree is a good idea.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

IMHO, now that we have a decent indoor floor terrain, (the wooden boards floor) a good indoor wall is badly needed. The stone wall is only appropriate for certain situations, such as inside castles and such, but it just looks wrong for the inside of houses and "normal" buildings. For example, in my [not-yet-released] campaign, the player can go inside of buildings such as houses and cottages in a town scenario. I'm forced to use the stone wall, which just doesn't seem right for the inside of a peasant's cottage. A "normal" wall to go with the wooden floor would be extremely useful.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Actually, there is a set of wooden walls floating around somewhere. I had the file on my hard drive up until recently, but I lost it when I reformatted, and I can't remember where I originally found it. :hmm: Currently searching the forums for it, although it may have been in an add-on... anyone else ever seen them?
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

:o Really? I didn't know that...

Huh... anyways, if you find them, shoot me a PM so as to not clutter up this thread. :)
Xalzar

Post by Xalzar »

[1.9.x stuff]
Not really a new terrain... But I have always wondered why tropical forest can't combine with hills (combining not only graphics, but also terrain type: hills/forest)... :hmm: There is a particular reason for this "discrimination"? :P
Other non-possible mixes (which are sensible, for me at least): all forests+dunes (desert hills).

I know there is a way to permit these combinations, but why are not accepted normally? :?

P.S.: I've also wondered why the snowy pine forest+hill results in a frozen/forest terrain while the other snowy forest used in the same way make a hills/forest terrain (best solution if you ask me).
And also, why the "Snow Hills" is a frozen/hills terrain, and all the forested snowy hills are snowy hills/forest (and not frozen/hills/forest)? :doh: N.B.: triple-type terrains are already permitted, it's not that the problem (try to put a cave bridge on a ford --> flat/cave/shallow water! :D )
[/1.9.x stuff]

Sorry if it is not the correct section to ask these things, and even more sorry if these ones have been already pointed out by someone else.
Neuromancer

Post by Neuromancer »

What is current status on Dark Forest tiles? If I remember correctly, some submissions were done already, but I cannot find them anymore.
SigurdFireDragon
Developer

Post by SigurdFireDragon »

Suggestions:

a "Worn & Broken" Cobble Road, for the abandoned run down feel in deserts/dry dirt/barren land.

Ruined Elven Village

Some sort of poison land/swamp/??? or some other type of land that harms a unit if it starts the turn on that land.
Co-Author of Winds of Fate
My Add-ons: Random Campaign, Custom Campaign, Ultimate Random Maps, Era of Legends, Gui Debug Tools
Erfworld: The comic that lead me to find Wesnoth.