1.18 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

doofus-01
Art Director

Re: 1.9/1.10 SP Campaign - Bad Moon Rising

Post by doofus-01 »

Just a note, for myself as much as anyone, that a macro change in 1.9.5 broke this campaign. I need to remove instances of PICKUPPABLE_ITEM in utils/items.cfg.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.7 just went to the server. It now works on BfW 1.9.5. It will not work on previous BfW versions, because of that macro. I also made a few improvements to the last real scenario of Part2, though I'm still having some trouble with getting the AI to behave correctly.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.8 just went to the server. There is a bug-fix to the scenario "Royal Rumble". There is also a cut-scene replacing a chunk of text in part 3.

EDIT: I knew I was forgetting something. The little black portraits have been removed, and the "small_profile" is now used.
averyimaginativename

Post by averyimaginativename »

During the story for the final scenario of part one (05_Payback), the portrait for Athana is missing.

The WML uses "portraits/transparent/athanta.png" however, there is no transparent directory in ~/portraits.

Scarrion's portrait is also missing during the starting dialogue.

This is the latest version on 1.9.
UMC Story Images web gallery

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'd removed the little black-background portraits and the "transparent" directory, and updated the unit files, but must have missed a few other places where those PNG files were used. Thanks for the report.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.9 just went to the server. I think I've fixed all the bad portrait image-file references, images should now show as intended.
averyimaginativename

The spy in Camp still has a black background rather than a transparent one.

I'm not sure if this is a WML thing, or an engine thing as no developer posted in the thread, but something in camp breaks the campaign stats as described here http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33881

Unfortunately, I don't have mid scenario autosaves to find out exactly when.

On an indefinite Wesbreak for health reasons - please only try to get my attention for UMC story images website issues.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

averyimaginativename wrote:I'm not sure if this is a WML thing, or an engine thing as no developer posted in the thread, but something in camp breaks the campaign stats as described here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33881
Well... That doesn't sound good, but I also have no realistic hope of fixing it, especially if it is an engine bug. Thanks for the report, there may be a workaround and I'll try to keep an eye out if anyone talks about it in the future.

If anyone else comes across this and has a save-file, please let me know. If it is an engine bug, we should file a proper bug report.
luxury

Post by luxury »

Play Bad Moon Rising with
Wesnoth Version 1.9.7
on Hardest Level...
BMR Campaign Part III "Crossfire" did not start...
The error message:

Macro/file 'Capture_Filtered_Villages' is missing at ~add-ons/bad_moon_rising/scenarios3/2_03_pit.cfg:107 included from ~add-ons/bad_moon_rising/_main.cgf:147
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Oh lordy, they done killed a macro again. Bless their hearts.

I'll try to have an update soon, thanks for the report.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.3.10 went to the server. Part III should now work. The thief portrait in camp should also be fixed.
luxury

Post by luxury »

There is a game crash in the scenario "Escape The Legion" Bad moon Rising Part III
in the first round -> Nemesis appears
Wesnoth 1.9.7 / Level Hard

The Error Message:
Image Doesn't fit on Canvas
Condition 'static_cast<int>(y)>=0'failed failed at src/gui/auxiliary/cancas.cpp:1059 in function 'draw'.
Extra Development Information: Image 'portraits/nemesis.png',y= -37.
averyimaginativename

You've fixed it so units do carry over between parts two and three, but the final scenario of part two still contains the note in the objectives telling you not to worry about keeping units alive.

This was in 1.3.9

doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

luxury wrote:There is a game crash in the scenario "Escape The Legion" Bad moon Rising Part III
in the first round -> Nemesis appears
Wesnoth 1.9.7 / Level Hard

The Error Message:
Image Doesn't fit on Canvas
Condition 'static_cast<int>(y)>=0'failed failed at src/gui/auxiliary/cancas.cpp:1059 in function 'draw'.
Extra Development Information: Image 'portraits/nemesis.png',y= -37.
The Windows version doesn't seem to like big images (or something, in any case, I don't get these errors). You can delete the image it complains about, and then it should load. I'll shrink it down for next time, thanks for letting me know.
averyimaginativename wrote:You've fixed it so units do carry over between parts two and three, but the final scenario of part two still contains the note in the objectives telling you not to worry about keeping units alive.

This was in 1.3.9
Oops, will fix. Thanks.
Dracostar_A

Post by Dracostar_A »

Whenever I try to begin Part 3, this message comes up

P
repocessor symbol ‘PICKUPPABLE_ITEM’ expects 8 arguments, but has 10 arguments at ~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/utils/items.cfg:459 included from ~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/scenarios3/2/07/Volcano.cfg:62 included from ~add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising/_main.cfg:147
which refers to the main.cfg (just in case you didn't know)
After this, when attempting to start a new campaign, the three BMR campaigns are not visible, and can only be repeated by re-installing them, although the files that comprise them are still present
Edit: I'm using BfW 1.94