1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

milwac

Re: 1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Post by milwac »

Oh Ok! Thanks! I just saw the OP say something about amusing games and hence I posted it here. My bad :)
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Computer_Player »

DrakeKing vs Computer_player on the Den

Mindgames all around, with DrakeKing banking for day push and me going for the zombie strat (and an adept sacrifice or two) Yet when I thought I had victory within my grasp, it slipped from my fingers like water. Then it slipped from DK like a fickle courtesan. Then it slipped again! In the end we decided to end it on a friendly draw after a misclick.
Attachments
2p_-_Den_of_Onis_replay_[DK_vs_CP].gz
DrakeKing vs Computer_player [30+turns]
(41.43 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
DrakeKing
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by DrakeKing »

that game is so worth watching i suggest it to anyone who wants some ideas how to play as ud vs drakes or vice versa! Talk about your moments of ups and downs... let it be a lesson to any newer player to never get cocky and think drakes can handle ud at night or vice versa for ud against drakes at day! Really fun game im glad you posted it wish we could have ended it properly.
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

Dwarves_by_korwick.jpg
Pictured above: battle scene from my game vs DrakeKing (the guys in the background are orcs)

All right, this was a really awesome game. I don't want to spoil too much, but it involved lots of dead dwarves, a dire last stand of 4 dwarves vs a huge orc army and a desperate Knalgan attack (after the first one failed horribly). Have fun watching this gem! :wink:
Attachments
4_dwarves_vs_huge_orc_army.gz
Northerners vs Knalgans (me) on Freelands
(36.97 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

Knalgans with new footie nerf vs UD.
A bad attack was the main reason for the UD loss but the footies still performed really well. Will be interesting to see how it does vs a more skel heavy army that the nerf will have more of an effect.
Attachments
2p_-_Weldyn_Channel_replay.gz
(14.88 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
hugho

Post by hugho »

Hello, a balance of Clearing Gushes was questioned in my recent ladder game vs. Gallifax. The issue was Undead being able to quickly attack a north village of p1, who being Loaylists had the feeling he could not defend. I add a replay for the devs of the map, if they find it worth of interest.
2p_-_Clearing_Gushes_Loyalists_vs_Undead.gz
(13.32 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Elves partying hard with drakes on sulla - a mad, evil counter with shammies SPOILS the whole attack during powerplay. every single turn something got slowed for around 8 turns what made the game really entertaining for elves.

Figure: Shamans save the day

http://ladder.subversiva.org/download-r ... %3A00%3A36

and comments

http://ladder.subversiva.org/gamedetail ... %3A00%3A36
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

Sportsman of the year?;)
Attachments
2p_-_Caves_Of_The_Basilisk_replay_BurningSpear.gz
(18.32 KiB) Downloaded 292 times
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

oh really? i think hugho has posted a better contender for the throne :lol2:
what was that, leaving the village at the sight of 3 undead units? i had to reload the sequence because i thought i had missed something important. then kolbur noted in the chat exactly what ive been thinking: it was just a bad move. ok your strategy didnt work out then, but what do i have to see at turn 6? pinning the undead in the night, spearman vs skeleton at dawn, mage v adept ranged when theres plenty of possibilities to do better? i had to stop watching because it was too much for me already.

nominated best comment: "i dont play unbalanced maps seriously". now really :mrgreen:. stop complaining and DO PLAY THEM SERIOUSLY!!!

I hereby challenge you to a ladder game on this map and because by now everybody knows that you dont care for points it shouldnt be so hard to settle a date.
Gallifax
Multiplayer Moderator

Post by Gallifax »

If you cant see that that version of that map was imba then you need some better understanding of wesnoth. Ever since that game a long time has passed, where many agreed it needed to be changed. And if you fail to see that after I came to realise that chaotic rushes are way too strong there I didnt bother to play seriously, well then you really need some even better glases.

There was no way to hold that village and win, there was no point to continue.

If you care for serious replays on that,where others tried to overcome that imba, enough are on the ladderpage, watch them , they speak for themselves.
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

look its ok that you think that the majority is right about something but that doesnt automatically mean that this assumption is automatically true. i could elaborate how i was rocking with loys vs chaotics on that map, show you replays, point out that i wasnt alone in that, etc. but i dont think that this would convince you. therefore: offer still valid. and dont tell me i have no understanding of wesnoth, or i need glasses. for others, maybe more sensible creatures, this would be reason already to explode and start a personal vendetta here on the forum instead of going through this game objectively. starting to do nonsense instead of giving up is no sports, steals precious time for all people involved, and creates a poisoned atmosphere. stop that, ok?
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I was wondering where this thread went.

Just posting a game that felt good to win because it felt uphill much of the time. I generally don't like playing undead vs rebels and it's especially painful when an attack falls flat because you miss almost everything on first watch and your enemy has a brutal counter attack. How I managed to come back might be of interest, though I think that the only reason I was able to was because my opponent was a bit to passive.
Attachments
2p_-_Elensefar_Courtyard_RvsU.gz
(43.07 KiB) Downloaded 298 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Rigor wrote:look its ok that you think that the majority is right about something but that doesnt automatically mean that this assumption is automatically true. i could elaborate how i was rocking with loys vs chaotics on that map, show you replays, point out that i wasnt alone in that, etc. but i dont think that this would convince you. therefore: offer still valid. and dont tell me i have no understanding of wesnoth, or i need glasses. for others, maybe more sensible creatures, this would be reason already to explode and start a personal vendetta here on the forum instead of going through this game objectively. starting to do nonsense instead of giving up is no sports, steals precious time for all people involved, and creates a poisoned atmosphere. stop that, ok?

***EDIT (rambling post deleted): I just decided that it's pointless to argue about old versions of maps. Essentially, I agree with Gallifax that it was pretty much impossible to beat a well done chaotic rush there.***

And by the way.....Didn't I build a nice little junkyard for this sort of thing on the other forum? ;)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Kolbur

Post by Kolbur »

70 turns of epic battle between Undead and Rebels on Den of Onis.
There were loads of lvl 2 units and even some lvl 3!
vandal vs jason1985
Attachments
70_turns_ud_vs_elves.gz
(68.22 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Cackfiend

Post by Cackfiend »

Posted this in the era/faction dev thread but i dont think anyone checks that

had a friendly game vs Crem last night on 1.9 with the new khalifate race in the mix

UD vs Khal
Attachments
Cack_vs_Crem_1.9—_The_Freelands_replay.gz
(19.94 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
"There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

I'm the guy who's responsible for 40% Gliders in all hexes... I can now die a happy man. =D
Wesnoth Strategy Guide for competitive 1v1 viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54236