1.9.6 Possible Gryphon mountain bug

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
WanderingHero

1.9.6 Possible Gryphon mountain bug

Post by WanderingHero »

If you attack a sleeping gryphon your attack is skipped and the grpyhon wakes up(as opposed to being able to take a free shot). Also it seems odd they have evasion chances considering their asleep....

Edit: Where are Wesnoth saves stored on the PC? I'm having trouble finding them and the search on Windows 7 isn't very good. For such a simple, easily replicable bug I didn't think a save was needed

edit: 2: And their is no replay of it for whatever reason. Should I do the mission again just to show you what I mean? Their isn't much more to it than what I've described.
Last edited by WanderingHero on June 5th, 2011, 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: 1.9.6 Possible Gryphon mountain bug

Post by Pentarctagon »

Before reporting a bug, you should read this first.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
WanderingHero

Post by WanderingHero »

Yeah I read it but I didn't know I needed a replay for the really simple bugs, and it seems I didn't save one for whatever reason. Do you need me to replay the mission to get a replay?
Last edited by WanderingHero on June 5th, 2011, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

This problem was already reported in the past, and more than one time. You can take a look here: https://gna.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=15080
Well, I can understand that this is intentional, but to me it seems really counterintuitive. How can a first time player know that his attack will have no effect except to wake the gryphon?