Introduce yourself here!

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

oddlabs

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by oddlabs »

Hello I discovered Battle for Wesnoth a few years ago and played it on and off.
Last edited by Gambit on May 10th, 2011, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Complaints about moderators removed. They're in another thread.
MRDNRA

Post by MRDNRA »

Hi all. A few a you probably recognise me already, been playing wesnoth for a few years now since my cousin introduced me to it. Also been posting on the forums for a while, usually in the strategies and tips section.
Rapture

Post by Rapture »

Hello I was previously a moderator on charger extreme gaming, westwood studios, transformice, piggymoo,
and tribal trouble and would like to know who's in-charge of the wesnoth forum? And if I could apply to
to be a moderator myself, I'm a pleasant character who you all will get on great with and I used to do a lot
of cartoon animation drawing work on previous forums for gaming ideas. I'm new to the wesnoth game and
it's a very interesting game which is cleverly crafted and designed. Hope you guys are all doing well.
- Rapture -
Last edited by Pentarctagon on May 12th, 2011, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed colored text
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

It is highly doubtful. Moderators are expected to enforce the posting guidelines, and you haven't even read them. That is, you've violated two of them in just your first post here.

Also there's the matter of not knowing you from Adam, as the saying goes. You literally just joined.
Rapture

Post by Rapture »

Awe that's a shame I hope I didn't upset anyone in the process but please do tell me what I did wrong Gambit and we can be friends mate.
- Rapture -
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I'd prefer that you would read them and find that out for yourself, but okay.
Don't use colors in posts, and really a request to become a forum moderator should be done privately to the administrators. Not to the public forum.
Rapture

Post by Rapture »

Okay sorry about that Gambit, and cheers for the advice.
- Rapture -
Last edited by Gambit on May 12th, 2011, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed colors
Drognverticknudde

Post by Drognverticknudde »

Yeah guys! I looooove Wesnoth! It's the best game in the world! It's so great to play with very nice strategies! Thank you for giving it to us for free! Keep on Wesnothing and I hope i have a good time here! greets
JackCTea

Post by JackCTea »

So this is my first game on a puter. All the others were on the TV with a fast controller. Think it will take a while to get used to using a keyboard and a mouse? Anyway, it is about time I got to it.
Bennoman

Post by Bennoman »

Hi!

Been Playing this wonderful game for a while now, some of the stories created have been engrossing and a pleasure.

Ive just turned my hand to writing my own campaign, so fingers crossed soon I will be able to add more content to Westnoth myself!

Ben
alcidio

Post by alcidio »

my name is alcidio i downloaded this game and played it and it was awsome
my only question is
once i finish the game does the update contain more campaign
Alarantalara
Art Contributor

Post by Alarantalara »

alcidio wrote:my name is alcidio i downloaded this game and played it and it was awsome
my only question is
If the first or second number in the version is different, then the answer is often yes. If only the third number is different, then answer is usually no.
If you want more campaigns now, try the "Add ons" button on the title screen of the game.
DEATH_is_undead

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

alcidio wrote: my only question is
If you read the change log and it states a campaign is added. Press home at the top of this page, then in the news part, look for the new update, then click the players changelog to check. Most updates do include changes to improve the campaign playability, though. But mostly not to the story.
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
Xalzar

Post by Xalzar »

Hi all! I'm a long-time lurker of the forums, and I'm active in the WIF (Wesnoth Italian Forum)...

Various times I have been tempted to intervene in some topics but... without introducing myself I would have felt a bit inopportune... So here I am! (and SORRY for the bad bad English, I hope we will manage to communicate efficently in some way...)
Francisco_Silveira

Post by Francisco_Silveira »

Hello everyone.
As you may figure it out by my name, i'm from Brazil... Yeah, some may hate us, but we are good people (just kidding ^^).
I do really think Battle for Wesnoth is one of the most interesting games I've ever seen. As some guy just said (I know he is someone important, but I don't know him and nor what he is around here), it is simple and yet very well designed in every way. And for you to know, I do love volunteer work. I think that it is the only way we can make a difference on ou world.
Whatsoever, I would like to congratulate everyone involved into this project. Everything is very good. There is, by the way, some things I see that could be done different, but it is not important at all, it's just personal opinion, if you can understand me. That guy I mentioned before made it very clear what are the goals and principles about this. Not arguing with that, he has indeed very good points.
I myself am a musician, on musical college here. And about music I have to say that the soundtracks of BfW are awesome! Amazing! As it is said, I could just open the folder of the musics and listen it alone (I actually did it ^^). The truth is that I just got so amazed by this game, one third part of it was just by the music. I read a lot about how I could help with the music on the game, and I am still learning how to do that. I am indeed working with some digital music, and I am learning all I can about digital orchestration, but sometimes it just got messy because I cannot understand how to make my softwares do what I want them to. Hehe... But I am getting there. More a couple of weeks and you will be seeing some of my work, that I hope to make in the same top quality of the rest of the musics in BfW.
Anyways, it was fine to introduce myself here, and I would really like to talk to people around here, if anyone would give me that honour.
Bye-bye.