Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.7

Post by Zerovirus »

Brungar are very very overpowered. This really isn't disputable especially when you can win on any map with abundant water period and even on low-water maps you can spam tamers and alligators. Seriously, those alligators make every other unit completely redundant.
theDream

Post by theDream »

I think the Brungar being overpowered comes from the coucil elder and alligator rider. If you nerfed them, the Brungar wouldn't be tough to beat. The alligator's defence in water should be 50% since they have ranged slow which significantly reduces effectiveness of mages against them. Melee units should be allowed to hit them more often. The council elder should be 2-3 golds more expensive since it has a lot of hp and a decent melee and ranged.
Also, I've brought this up before but it's pretty significant, the steelhive is way too strong. Their melee unit costs only 13 gold and has 41 hp and the cybercore has a lvl 2 equivalent leadership. They're the most op faction in ageless and I purposely choose factions that are good against them during games because players often pick it.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

I am in wesbreak. At the longest, it will be about a month.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Puppy_Luv

Post by Puppy_Luv »

hi, ive not posted on this forum in some.... 10 months? and the only other time i did was to [censored] about how steelhive had seemed way underbalanced in ageless era. shortly after that i stopped playing for a little while.

since ive come back to the game, ive noticed that you have, in fact, updated the steelhive faction. i dont know for sure if thats because the ageless era programmers did it, or if the original creator did it, and you copied it over into ageless, or what... i didn't wanna read years of back posts to find out for certain :P

anyways, i just wanted to say that you guys have done an amazing job keeping the multitude of factions available in ageless as balanced as they can be, considering the massive number of them.

i reread my post from last year, and i noticed i came across very much like an ass, and i just wanted to say, despite my annoyed tone, im very gratefull for the work you have all done on this era, and the eras contained within it. i never play any other eras, in fact... i need variety and you have spoiled me with the seemingly limitless (and constantly growing) selection provided.

that being said, i was a little saddened to see that the units within the "era of magic" set (al khadim faction) seem to have either been scaled way back from their current version, or have simply not been updated to them. fire elementals do not have magical attacks for example.

mostly, im curious if this is intentional (for balancing purposes). because if it was, id like to state that one of the impressive things about era of magic (aside from the sheer effort it must have taken to code an era that extensive), was how well i had always thought it balanced into the default units.

if its units are found to be off balance, i would insist that it is the units its being compared to, not its own, that are errant.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

As the SoF Runemaster-Arcanister are 1.9 mainline, shouldn't the Extended Dwarves use them (as base units so they go up to Arcanister), as that's what they are from, and it would also help with existing translations? However, the Thritia Smith advanccements are distinct from their Extended "Counterparts", so you should make them different units, especially as the way it is now the Smith (who has 5 MP) is a case of RIPLIB (both the Armorer and the SoF Runesmith-Arcanister have 4 MP).
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
lindsay40k

Post by lindsay40k »

Apologies if this has been asked before, or if this isn't the place to ask, but; what are the chances of an Ageless XP Era coming into being?
currently contributing art to Internet Meme Era
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

In Ageless Heroes of Developement branche, both Undead have Necrophage as Leader, instead of the Ghast.

Where is the Succubus line in Vampires from? It is not used by the Era of Myths, where instead Mistress and Duchess are the female Sire and Methusalem respectively.

Why don't use the redesigned Khalifate, which is even Mainline in Developement?
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I think, the Prionation is too strong, 12-4 fire magical at lv2 is a huge firepower for a lv2 unit. I think it must be decreased to 9-4 because that's a bit higher than a red mage ranged dammage, but it has no mele.

But it with those changes must deal the same than an elvish marskman but with higher chance to hit. 9-4 magical is strong, but much more balanced than 12-4 in a lv2.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Alrighty! My wesbreak will be over June 10th and I will be working on AE again :D

The next update will include (hopefully) Era of Four Moons added, Era of Magic and Archaic Era will be updated... and maybe some other things that I can't think of a the moment...

See ya then! :mrgreen:
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

: O u returned!!
neotemplar

Post by neotemplar »

Just wanted to let you know that this is now my favorite era.

I'm really like the Dark Legion Faction so far :)
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

When will the Mercenaries be avaible at Heroes?

Maybe Ageless RPG should use Extended RPG's "Allied X" (where X is an ability that affects own units)? I think it was a very good idea to make theese abilities usable in a RPG scenario.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Drakefriend wrote:Maybe Ageless RPG should use Extended RPG's "Allied X" (where X is an ability that affects own units)? I think it was a very good idea to make theese abilities usable in a RPG scenario.
Are you referring to the allied leadership ability?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Lord-Knightmare: I believe he was referring to all the allied abilities including protection as well.

RenoOfTurks: Returned? I was never gone! :P I got on the forum every day, but just never got around to posting. That is my version of a wesbreak, being active but silent. :eng:

A list of everything I plan on doing before the next update:
Adding The Era of Four Moons (Done)
Updating The Era of Magic (Not Done)
Updating Archaic Era (Not Done)
Adding the New Khalifate (Not Done)
Reorganization of data folder (Done until I update the two eras)
Creator of Ageless Era
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Amazing plannig u.u
nothing about nightmare of meloen?Is a quite good faction...u don't have the permit to use it?