Powershot's [Awesome] units

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
powershot

Powershot's [Awesome] units

Post by powershot »

Made some art for a new Vulcan faction I'm making(not from star trek). Here is the art.

P.S. Please don't copy.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
The heck m8? I thought you left... No seriously... go... serious...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Re: Vulcan Art

Post by thespaceinvader »

powershot wrote:P.S. Please don't copy.
No-one would.

PS: I don't think you've quite got the hang of this Open Source idea...
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
powershot

Post by powershot »

thespaceinvader wrote:
powershot wrote:P.S. Please don't copy.
No-one would.

PS: I don't think you've quite got the hang of this Open Source idea...
Ha Ha :lol2: very funny those are the kind of things that make people laugh. ^_^ You can use it if you want too.
My new account is: Power_Pixel_Wannabe. Yea. Yea.... Why are you still reading this? What the heck m8? You have some kind of problem? Yea. I draw. NO I'M NOT 5 ANYMORE!!! Little brats.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
perseo

Post by perseo »

In fact if you're posting things here i'm not sure but everyone can copy (i think). I duno why but i can't see the images. But if they're like your avatar I can say that it looks too strange (A burnt mage perhaps?)
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
powershot

Post by powershot »

perseo wrote:In fact if you're posting things here i'm not sure but everyone can copy (i think). I duno why but i can't see the images. But if they're like your avatar I can say that it looks too strange (A burnt mage perhaps?)
That's a Vulcan mage and It's black clothes and face are for disguise. Maybe I'll give it concealment. :hmm:If you want to copy just right click and press save image as...
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

perseo:
I also thought always that every piece of art posted on the forums is automatically GPL if you don't say anything else. I remember some people writing this. However, I can't find any proof for this. :?
So, can a forum moderator/admin tell what's the matter?

on topic:
Actually, it would be better to have some stats or to know at least what level which unit is. Then it would be easier to tell if there are irregularities.
Art-wise, they're looking quite good. Did you make them up alone or did you frankenstein them? Some of them seem known to me... especially your avatar looks exactly like a dark Sulla.

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
powershot

Post by powershot »

Crendgrim wrote: Art-wise, they're looking quite good. Did you make them up alone or did you frankenstein them? Some of them seem known to me... especially your avatar looks exactly like a dark Sulla.
Made them up. What's dark Sulla? :hmm: As I said they are based of the elvish units. Avatar is based of Greatmage, even though it's supposed to be a Vulcan Mage.

EDIT: Here is my old Avatar
Attachments
great-mage-attack-magic-1.png
great-mage-attack-magic-1.png (6.51 KiB) Viewed 3116 times
Last edited by powershot on June 15th, 2011, 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

Original work is GPL at the copyright holder's discretion.

Derivative work like this isn't. Or such is my understanding. The source was GPL, the material is used under the GPL, therefore the product is GPL.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
perseo

Post by perseo »

In fact my opinion is that this units are frankesteined (or simply modificated, use the term you like more) so if the original was under GPL this work must be under GPL.

Talking about the sprites: I think when you coloured with black (I hope you didn't use pure black) and gray you've lost all the contrast and shadows. Now the hair looks really strange. Other thing, personally I dislike a lot that blue colour.
"I was pulling a barrow, when I saw a stalking horse
what a beautiful day!- he said- for visiting a red herring
and getting hoarse."
Working on this campaign: The septentrional tower
powershot

Post by powershot »

perseo wrote:In fact my opinion is that this units are frankesteined (or simply modificated, use the term you like more) so if the original was under GPL this work must be under GPL.

Talking about the sprites: I think when you coloured with black (I hope you didn't use pure black) and gray you've lost all the contrast and shadows. Now the hair looks really strange. Other thing, personally I dislike a lot that blue colour.
Well, you're definitely NOT a vulcan :lol2:
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

I regret to say that, due to their identical bases, the Vulcans and Valkyries look very similar. Actually, I mistook the archer at the bottom for a Valkyrie.. :hmm:

powershot wrote:Made them up. What's dark Sulla? :hmm: As I said they are based of the elvish units. Avatar is based of Greatmage, even though it's supposed to be a Vulcan Mage.
Sulla is the great mage in the middle of that newfangled map Doc Paterson's making. See here - AFAIK that's Sulla.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Work on the forums that is in-game is free to use.

Work on the forum that the owner has said is free to use is free to use.

If not, you have to ask the original creator, as they may not want people using their work (Zero's non wesnoth sprites from his art thread being a good example of when this came up).
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
powershot

Post by powershot »

Reepurr wrote:I regret to say that, due to their identical bases, the Vulcans and Valkyries look very similar. Actually, I mistook the archer at the bottom for a Valkyrie.. :hmm:
The clear difference is that Valkyries have wings. ImagevalkryieImagevulcan
Last edited by powershot on May 30th, 2011, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
powershot

More Vulcan Art(Mages & Necromancers)

Post by powershot »

Here's more Vulcan art(Mages and Necromancers) :mrgreen: ... Mostly, "Frankensteined" as you call it.

Last edited by powershot on May 30th, 2011, 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ok bye m8. I'm serious.
Dixie

Re: More Vulcan Art

Post by Dixie »

Most of it is not visible, you probably messed up the tags. And I recommend you reuse your ancient topic when you have new art to show...
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth