NX-RPG mp campaign ideas

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vultraz
Developer

Re: NX-RPG mp campaign ideas

Post by vultraz »

This is a list of the planned features that I intend to code into the campaign: :D

Character Development

Each hero gets to select an element. The hero gets an ability and a weapon based on that element after class selection. There are also items on the maps that can only be used by a hero of a certain element.

Next is class selection. I'm using the same class system as Mabuse's SXRPG. The player receives either a ranged or melee element weapon based on weather their selection excels at melee or ranged combat. This weapon is only available for use via the Element Stance and has the 'Always Hits' ability and can't be upgraded in the shop.

After that you select alignment and trait, same as SXRPG. For Clerics or Mages, alignment determines the units you can summon.

The Shop

The shop is basically the same as the SXRPG shop, except that you can buy stances and use them like in Bob's RPG era. Also it will have some more different potions and items.

Gameplay

Unlocking shop items

During the game you will get Unlock Points from kills. These you can use to select packages that will unlock when you AMLA and make more items and abilities available in the shop.

Exchanging stuff

You can, if you are on a village, use a right-click menu to leave items, hp, gold, weapons, etc, in a chest for others to pick up. If you've bought the 'Lock and Key' item in the shop, you can lock the chest so that the enemy can't get into it. :)

Mana Xp

If your class selection is Cleric or Mage, you, like in SXRPG, get to use mana, but the system will be a little different. Instead on getting mana based on the amount of gold spent shopping, you have ManaXP. You get more mana XP by using spells or defeating a unit with arcane attacks. ManaXP determines the strength of you spells as well as you mana-per-turn amount.

Summoning

Throughout the map there will be Summoning Circles where Clerics or Mages can summon units.

Cooperative Spellcasting

If two units able to cast spells stand next to each other, or in two different slots in a summoning circle, the spell or summon will be more powerful.

Stances

There will be several stances, some taken from Bob's, some new. One special stance will be the Element Stance. This stance grants you access to you elemental weapon, as well as, when you are using it, your advancement in element mastery. The upgrade path is Elemental Initiate -> Elemental Apprentice -> Elemental Mage -> Elemental Master -> Elemental Lord. Each advancement powers up your element weapon.

Hero deaths

When a hero dies, it revives as an enemy leader unless it's carrying an Immunity Potion. You can make that player rejoin your side by defeating him. If no player revives as an enemy by a certain turn, one is doomed to become one. :twisted:

Other

Other features are the regular SX features (continuos attacking, etc) as well as items spread over the map

I think that's everything. I'm not that good at WML so it might take me a while to code all that, but I hope to get it done before 1.10 comes out. If anybody has any ideas for new features, please post them, and if you'd like to help with the code please let me know. :D

edit: I'm thinking the element stance might not serve any useful purpose; maybe I should get rid of it or add some benefits to it. :hmm:
Last edited by vultraz on April 26th, 2011, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

Let me know if you need any more help vultraz with NX-RPG. ;)

~ SpoOkyMagician
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I've completed the hero development coding and am moving on to another aspect... but I can't decide which ;)

I'm also pretty sure the Element Stance will bite the dust. Currently it has no other benefits besides an extra weapon with a fancy weapon special, and why add more complicated gameplay when I can just add the attack directly? :? If in the future I see a benefit to it I might code it in but for now it won't exist.
SpoOkyMagician wrote:

Let me know if you need any more help vultraz with NX-RPG.
Thank you for your help :)
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?