Under the Big Top - the Circus faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

peet

Under the Big Top - the Circus faction

Post by peet »

I just had a really oddball idea for a rather scewy faction. It wouldn't fit into any of the era concepts but I imagine it could be fun to play.

The Circus Faction
A faction of units representing people & animals you might find at a circus.

Units:
Clown: a unit with the DISTRACT ability, and a weak SLOW attack (a pie in the face). Miss animation for this attack would be the clown tooting a bicycle horn instead (unwisely, perhaps).
Juggler: a unit with a variety of thrown attacks - bowling pins, knives, or flaming batons. Good variety but mediocre damage (4-3 maybe). It's standing animation would have it juggling and then the idling animation would trigger a juggling "trick" (like an under-the-leg toss, etc.)
Acrobat: elusive unit with hand-to-hand attacks. Maybe this unit could be able to swim also.
Strongman: slower but tough unit with a powerful punch - a lot like an ogre or troll (no regeneration though).
Fortune Teller: unit with healing and backstab
Pickpocket/Huckster/Grifter: light unit with a weak attack (4-1 maybe) but if the attack hits you gain 1 gold per level of the unit making the attack (attacks only-doesn't work on defense). Maybe give it skirmisher.
Bearded Lady: I have no idea what this unit would do... but it would be funny.
Lion Tamer: Unit with whip that gives leadership to animals
Lion: fast, powerful claw attacks - maybe give them charge as well.
Dancing Bear: slower but tough, with blunt paw attacks and a bearhug
Elephant: even slower and tougher than the bear. Might be redundant having both the elephant and the bear.

Thoughts?

Peet
StDrake

Re: Under the Big Top - the Circus faction

Post by StDrake »

Oddball indeed.

When I think of a bearded lady I see her rather fat..just good enough to have an impact charge attack, thought that's not very novel.
And clowns should have an aura of fear.
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Araja

Post by Araja »

That could be an alternate L2 for the Clown; the Evil Clown!.
Harlequin L3? The Joker L4?

Trapeeze artists? :P

I'll stop now, but it's not often you see a faction so..um....Brainstorming? :lol2:
peet

Post by peet »

Oh, almost forgot... the Dancing Bear should be wearing a tutu (with team colours, of course).