NX-RPG mp campaign ideas

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vultraz
Developer

NX-RPG mp campaign ideas

Post by vultraz »

HI all.

I'm designing a mp campaign in 1.9 called NX-RPG. It's currently on the add-ons server under that name, if anyone wants to check it out. I intend it to eventually combine the best of SCX, Bob's RPG era, AMLA RPG era, and add a few features of my own. :) The current idea I have for story is this:

"You and four other were the five who defeated the Dark Lord, The Wizard of War, raided the Castle of Canter, and did many other great deeds. You five even dared to face the Labyrinth of Champions, and survived. After doing these great deeds, the Elensefar Counsel decided to hold a great party in your honor. But what you didn't know is that at the time, a traveling Necromancer came across the castle of the Dark Lord and resurrected him. Hungry for vengeance, the Dark Lord traveled to the site of the Wizard of War's defeat, and resurrected him as well. He instructed the Wizard of War to rebuild the Temple of the Void so that he might wreck havoc over Wesnoth. The Wizard complied, but informed the Dark Lord that a human was required to open the gate. The Dark Lord decided to kidnap the five great heroes responsible for his defeat, and infect one with an undead poison, causing him to fight against his friends, and open the Gate. Meanwhile, Orcs, having heard of the plan, offered their alliance and offered to attack now. The Dark Lord accepted their offer, and an army of Orcs and Trolls began to assemble. The dwarves of Knalga, getting wind of this, gathered a resistance and attacked the Orcs. At the same time, the Dark Lord sent a unit to the great party in your honor with instructions to bring you five to him. The plan succeeded and you five awoke to find yourself on a dark, cold floor in a strange castle. Your memories were hazy, but the last you remembered is being knocked unconscious at the party the night before. As you wandered through the strange castle, through a maze of twisting corridors, you and your companions began to wonder, Why are we here? Who brought us here? And why.........?"
Last edited by vultraz on March 11th, 2011, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
vultraz
Developer

NX-RPG mp campaign ideas

Post by vultraz »

I still need suggestions for a few more features and any improvements or alterations to the storyline, so all ideas in that direction are welcome :D
Last edited by vultraz on March 11th, 2011, 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
MCP

Re: NX-RPG mp campaign ideas

Post by MCP »

Look forward to it.

This might be a chance to experiment with something that would be fairly drastic in Survival Extreme, that is another person will become your enemy part way through.

Otherwise a new SXC is always a welcome pleasure.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Glad you're looking forward to it. :D

I intend not only to try making one side your enemy, but some other drastic ideas as well, such as:

1. Use Unlock Points to select what package of upgrades you'd like to have, then unlock that package when you AMLA
2. Ability to buy units at shop
3. Exchange gold, units, and abilities by leaving it on a village for the other player to pick up, hoping that the enemy doesn't get it first :wink:
4. Stances (from Bob's)
5. Some other features from SXC and SXRPG, such as locks and keys
5. Any other ideas that anyone here might have

I hope that this will work out. Any help, comments, ideas, bug reports, etc welcome :)
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Luroch_Delkar
Location: Some people are in homes, some are in cars, I am in-sane.

Post by Luroch_Delkar »

vultraz wrote:and infect one with an undead poison, causing him to fight against his friends, and open the Gate
What kind of thing are you going to do with that? It has potential to make the game interesting. Are you perhaps going to make it so that when a character dies, he switches sides? Or maybe one character be doomed to switch sides near the end of the game? If you take a path of one character switching sides, I think it should be done using RND that way they never know who will turn. :twisted:

I also think you should add some cool pickupable/buyable items. I like items. If you play my dungeonmaster era you may see how much I like items. :geek:
"The Enforcer knows only one way to preserve peace. So mind your neighbors else it will descend upon you." Sword of the Stars Forever
HAPPINESS=Moderation, Variety, and Love
Current Projects: Jailbreak (RPG)(3/4 completed) , Dungeonmaster Era
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Or maybe one character be doomed to switch sides near the end of the game?
Maybe. That's a good way to do it. And not knowing what side will switch is an awesome idea :D
If you play my dungeonmaster era you may see how much I like items.
I have, and i do see :wink:
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Luroch_Delkar
Location: Some people are in homes, some are in cars, I am in-sane.

Post by Luroch_Delkar »

What kind of contact are you going to have with orcs and dwarves? Will the dwarves be your friends? Or your friends if you pay them enough? Perhaps you can hire them as mercenaries.
"The Enforcer knows only one way to preserve peace. So mind your neighbors else it will descend upon you." Sword of the Stars Forever
HAPPINESS=Moderation, Variety, and Love
Current Projects: Jailbreak (RPG)(3/4 completed) , Dungeonmaster Era
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

What kind of contact are you going to have with orcs and dwarves?
I thought the dwarves would distract the orcs and prevent them from attacking you until you were ready
Will the dwarves be your friends? Or your friends if you pay them enough?
The dwarves will want something in return for their services, but I haven't thought what :hmm:
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

why you dont create for 1.8? it will be easier for everybody try.
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
MCP

Post by MCP »

Hi,

I tried it out but first things first.
1. Shop should be entered by using right click menu.

This will synch everyone in multiplayer so they know someone is shopping and not AFK.

Also with the way your shop is set up, we can only select one thing and then it exits.

You should take a look at the SX shops and start improving it.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

MCP wrote:
Shop should be entered by using right click menu.
I'm currently working on a new shop interface, along with all the other core features. I'll make a big release of it when I'm done so people don't get half-finished stuff. :wink:
BuBu wrote:
I'm using 1.9 for all the cool new features :D
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

vultraz wrote:
MCP wrote:
Shop should be entered by using right click menu.
I'm currently working on a new shop interface, along with all the other core features. I'll make a big release of it when I'm done so people don't get half-finished stuff. :wink:
BuBu wrote:
I'm using 1.9 for all the cool new features :D
OMG use Lua for this. That would totally kick ass.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Ok I've completed couple of maps for the campaign. What do you think? Any balancing ideas welcome :D
maps.zip
The maps folder
(19.32 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

I'm currently working on my Exchange Stuff macro that lets players leave stuff on villages for others to pick up. After that I'll move on to code the rest of the core features (shop, etc), and release it all in one collective release (0.4.9)
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Since StDrake is helping with the exchange stuff macro atm, I'm going to move on and start on the character development.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!