[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zaroth
Inactive Developer

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by Zaroth »

@grzywacz
6 years are two orders of magnitude smaller than 101 years (2011-2112), so it doesn't sound very convincing ;-)
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Zaroth wrote:@grzywacz
6 years are two orders of magnitude smaller than 101 years (2011-2112), so it doesn't sound very convincing ;-)
i meant 2012 ofc :P (edited the initial post now)
cookie wrote: alphhaaa will any of our good friends continue playing wesnoth by then? I doubt most of us will be around, myself included. *wonders if there would be a good show then*
Who knows... one can't even be 100% sure Wesnoth will be still there in a year and not just disappear in a big *POOF!* of nothingness :twisted: *alpha assumes his Doom Prophet persona*
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

RABBIT HUNTING DucksofDoom vs North&South
or the tale of the migthy North&South team beeing on the way to hunt down MRHASE killing our -last hope- by his reckless leader. Game seemed quite over after some unhappy Nordmann factor /(quote plk2-whatever) attacks by my drakes. Undead hordes ruled by alpha1 seemed to win the match. Stats and odds changed with our consequent hunt for MRHASE forcing alpha1 to attack and defend on the wrong time of the day (...) Just have a look at the replay it might be worth watching.
Facts :
MrHase elves
Alpha1 undeads
plk2 elves
Nordmann drakes

Edit: the end of the game...was... a novice for TGT

Next game should be sunday 20th 15.00 gmt
4p_-_Clash-TGT2.gz
(66.9 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
Last edited by Nordmann on February 18th, 2011, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Well up north it should be cold...
Faello

Post by Faello »

Nordmann wrote:RABBIT HUNTING DucksofDoom vs North&South
or the tale of the migthy North&South team beeing on the way to hunt down MRHASE killing our -last hope- by his reckless leader. Game seemed quite over after some unhappy Nordmann factor /(quote plk2-whatever) attacks by my drakes. Undead hordes ruled by alpha1 seemed to win the match. Stats and odds changed with our consequent hunt for MRHASE forcing alpha1 to attack and defend on the wrong time of the day (...)
Hours passed and crows fed upon the ones that fell on the battlefield this day. Mutilated alphy body laid on the pile of his undead soldiers, trying to cover him from the fatal strike that finally reached him anyway - MrHase gold pieces, treasure that he tried to turn in his castle into more soldiers, were already divided between N&S soldiers - everything seemed to be lost...

The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

This is rather disturbing... :?
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

that game really rocked i wish neki sees it the same way and puts it into his queue of long awaited games :D
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

well what can i say, not our best game... but nevertheless a frustrating one :D
i believe this picture perfectly sums up the in-game situation (at least from our point of view).

Faello: i really hope your dark powers will not fail us next time :evil:
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
Faello

Post by Faello »

Ladies & gentlemen,

Here comes another HOT Sunday on the official wesnoth server, sponsored ofc by the TGT and our fierce veterans :!:
COMING GAMES:
- the third game of TGT semi-finals between Ducks of Doom and North&South will be played on Sunday, February 20th, at 15:00 GMT
- The second game of TGT semi-finals between Noob Leavers and Random Noob Gamers will take place on Sunday, February 20th, at 11AM GMT.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

After a 7h wesnoth-marathon the 3rd DoD vs N&S game remains unresolved..... it will be continued tomorrow 18:00 GTM
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

im so glad i jumped off while it was full metal action :mrgreen: congratulations to ur obvious stalemate after losing one leader in an ingenious gambit!
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Hi, same applies to us. THe game remained unfinished yesterday, it will continue today (monday) from 20GMT.
DL
Faello

Post by Faello »

To sum it up, another strategy-packed day with TGT:
COMING GAMES:
- the third game of TGT semi-finals between Ducks of Doom and North&South will be continued on Monday, February 21th, at 18:00 GMT
- The second game of TGT semi-finals between Noob Leavers and Random Noob Gamers will be continued on Monday, February 21th, at 20:00 GMT.
neki

Post by neki »

Duckies, Faello, plk2, can somebody explain what happened in the TGT game 3 ? I mean I know now and I find it quite amazing but I think also the whole crowd deserves to know! :)
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

After 11h of play and 38 turns of constant fighting the 3rd Ducks of Doom vs North & South game resolved... in a draw :P
For quite some time MrHase's superb battle morale (combined with my vengeful spirit) seemed to be a match for plks' and Nordmanns' time and probability manipulation talents, yet after North and South unleashed their most powerful time magic, killing my last unit alive and (most unexpectedly for us) halving our thinking time, a peace treaty was arranged.

Due to schedule problems 7th DoD vs N&S game will be played in the first week of March, sorry for making you wait so long guys (especially the winners of alpha-group) :augh:

Artist's impression: MrHase facing plks' drakes and other evil things (lurking unseen in the shadows)

Attachments
DucksofDoomvsNorth&Southround3game3.gz .gz
(90.66 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Last edited by alpha1 on February 25th, 2011, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Black Sword

Post by The Black Sword »

If the last(? :P ) game between you is just as good as that then the wait will be worth it. Really enjoyed watching the various stages of that game, alphy's sacrafice, adepts charging dwarvish guns, multiple lvl 2s and deaths, really very good, so much so that I felt I had to say something :D .