South of Wesnoth?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

StDrake

Re: South of Wesnoth?

Post by StDrake »

Hmm sounds like an empress alright. So far it looks like you could just use felinianst completely instead of elves, unless you want lots of flashy magic.
One comment - the guard could act more like a jerk. Kindof "Did you let them in? Aye madam, t'was my duty by law and tradition. Sorry I couldn't kill you myself, but the same don't make me a suitable candidate."
I'll have a deeper look at it tomorrow, got a few important things to do first.
I'll also try to haste the empire faction development for your convenience, are those Irendians (Arendians?) some existing faction or are you improvising? I was basing off Dark Legion (and a bit of chaos) for the empire so far. But that republic could have a future to function by the empire in a similar way Elensefar functions by Wesnoth..the empire is probably closest to Wesnoth in times of Asheviere, just weaker.
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

Aye, but the guard is still a light hearted soul... But then again, he does hate her after all...

No need to haste anything for me. In fact, I am okay with both pixel art (okay, I wouldn't even say okay, I can recolor and shift arms around a bit, even rotate a leg or arm around here and there...) and WML, maybe I could help out with the faction? And I was just using units I could use... in fact some units I customized came from EoM and EE. The Irendians were more modeled after Elensafar in terms of military, so loyalist units seemed the way to go.

Given what I just heard... I think that I could extend my campaign to just after the fall of Irendia by my assassin, to include the conquering of Irendia by the empire.... Maybe my little assassin could be the reason they are not strong enough to repel an attack by them? Hmm the possibilities.

Here's my somewhat retouched dark elves... Notice I added a bit more movement in the defend anim and added team coloring magenta. It seemed needed....
Attachments
elves.zip
(25.72 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Currently working on a morally gray campaign, Cry of the Assassin... Working on: storyline Completed: Two scenarios and one cutscene, resprites, and a few customized units
eliddell

Post by eliddell »

One thing I should mention about the map that Lord-Knightmare linked--it's unfinished. I drew it based on a verbal description of Meridia and environs in a relevant thread, but I never did get around to indicating settlements/roads (those few we know about).
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

I would like to use it as a tracking map though, if at all possible?
Currently working on a morally gray campaign, Cry of the Assassin... Working on: storyline Completed: Two scenarios and one cutscene, resprites, and a few customized units
eliddell

Post by eliddell »

blasphymer wrote:I would like to use it as a tracking map though, if at all possible?
Not a problem (although you'll probably want to cut out a 1024x768ish chunk rather than try to use the entire thing). I'll try to do some clean-up over the next few days so that you have a nice, shiny version to play with (one that doesn't have forests overlapping rivers!)
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

*Looks back* Oh oh oh oh, I can't use it now! :wink:

No prob, I have a long ways yet before its even ready to be coded, so you definitely do not have to hurry. I am patient, I would like to think.... :whistle:
eliddell

Post by eliddell »

There's no harm in my doing the cleanup now--I've just been putting off the finishing touches because previously, no one seemed interested in this particular map. Incidentally, if you need any cities, etc., added, just say so--at the moment, only two settlements have been specified (one is the dwarven city of Meridius, in the southern mountains, and the other . . . well, there has to be something at the end of that road that kind of trails south from Wesnoth). The description I've been referring to specifies a human culture living in the desert, orcs on the plains, and elves in the big eastern forests, but as it pertains to a UMC era, you can probably get away with paying less than complete attention to it (or simply specifying an earlier or later time period for your campaign).
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

I just didn't want you to hurry at it if you had anything else you were doing atm... I can always change up my story to fit the map actually. Same with my maps. Though, I can already see the EXACT location of the palace on that map (leading from your southern most forest to the river ford of the second southern branch off of what looks to be the main river). Southern Elves in the Southern Forest (check) River Ford Palace (check) orcs to the west in the mountains (CHECK CHECK) Very opportune map actually.... :lol2:

Would be lovely to use...
eliddell

Post by eliddell »

There're dwarves in the mountains, from what I understand, but those pesky orcs are always trying to ooze into places where they don't belong, and dwarves don't always pay much attention to what's above their heads on the surface . . . ;)
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

Isn't THAT the truth? Stupid orcs. :annoyed:
eliddell

Post by eliddell »

Heh.

I just posted a new version of the southlands map up in the Art Workshop (the thread is titled "Geographical Reconciliation")--have a look if you like.
blasphymer

Post by blasphymer »

I will certainly have a good look in the morning when my eyes dont hurt and I have a real screen to look at it with, not an iPod screen. I'll admit that due to certain, unforeseeable, problems I have seen my campaign's development come to a halt.....