The Settlers of Light (1.9.12+)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: The Settlers of Light (1.9.2+)

Post by Astoria »

Version 1.0.0 just went on the server!
All the 14 scenarios are now done, but the story needs lots of work.
Please, post all your feedback, so I can make this campaign better.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
ortega

Post by ortega »

Hey there,

great campaign.
I have Wesnoth 1.9.3 installed and after turn 3 in "The Siege of New-Elensefar" the game always crashes with no error message.

The stderr.txt file says:

Code: Select all

20110109 15:31:35 error config: Illegal tile in map: (Dd^Cd) 'Dd^Cd'
20110109 15:31:35 error config: map could not be loaded: Illegal tile in map: (Dd^Cd) 'Dd^Cd'
The map cannot be loaded.
Any solution at this point?
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

ortega wrote:Hey there,

great campaign.
I have Wesnoth 1.9.3 installed and after turn 3 in "The Siege of New-Elensefar" the game always crashes with no error message.

The stderr.txt file says:

Code: Select all

20110109 15:31:35 error config: Illegal tile in map: (Dd^Cd) 'Dd^Cd'
20110109 15:31:35 error config: map could not be loaded: Illegal tile in map: (Dd^Cd) 'Dd^Cd'
The map cannot be loaded.
Any solution at this point?
This is strange, it works fine for me...
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
ortega

Post by ortega »

This is strange, it works fine for me...
any ideas how to solve it? Though I don't know any WML could it be some broken file, that contains some corrupted tile-data??
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

ortega wrote:any ideas how to solve it? Though I don't know any WML could it be some broken file, that contains some corrupted tile-data??
Are you on version 1.9.2?
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

bigkahuna wrote:
ortega wrote:any ideas how to solve it? Though I don't know any WML could it be some broken file, that contains some corrupted tile-data??
Are you on version 1.9.2?
He said he was on 1.9.3...

Dd^Cd is a working terrain in both UtBS and TSoL, and is als present in scenario, where it didn't cause errors.
There is nothing on turn 3, so I don't understand what could happen on turn 3.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

I am at Burning Suns. I've defeated all the enemy forces, and my objective states that I need to go to the lake (marked with "x"). I do this and nothing happens.

Worth noting: instead of going to the abandoned castle I went straight for the eastern Oasis (where you've got the lake). When nothing happened I sent a small force to the old castle. It might be that since I was already in the oasis with some troops that the "x" marks the spot does not work properly.....? Anyway, sounds like a bug.

I have moved anthemyr out of the oasis and over to the old castle and back again. Did not help.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Move to 55,32 and elves should appear.
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

I've already defeated the elves. So that's all done and dusted. The "x" spot in the oasis is activated, but nothing happens when I place a trooper on the marker. I've tried with every unit.

A bug by the way, in a previous chapter. I cant recall which off-hand, but it is an early one where there is an empty castle to your north and after a while a bad guy appears in the castle. If you have a unit in the main keep of that castle your unit disappears. I did that with my leader, although this did not end the game for me.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:I've already defeated the elves. So that's all done and dusted. The "x" spot in the oasis is activated, but nothing happens when I place a trooper on the marker. I've tried with every unit.

A bug by the way, in a previous chapter. I cant recall which off-hand, but it is an early one where there is an empty castle to your north and after a while a bad guy appears in the castle. If you have a unit in the main keep of that castle your unit disappears. I did that with my leader, although this did not end the game for me.
So don't. Maybe I should make that more clear...

And the bug in BS is fixed and will be included in the later release, which won't be on until I've fixed some other issues. For now, use :debug and :n
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

LightFighter wrote: So don't. Maybe I should make that more clear...
I am not sure I understood what you meant, but if you meant I should not kill all the elves, well I tried hitting the trigger point as soon as the elves appeared. Nothing happened. I also tried placing a unit on the trigger point as the elves made their way to the oasis. Didn't work either.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:
LightFighter wrote: So don't. Maybe I should make that more clear...
I am not sure I understood what you meant, but if you meant I should not kill all the elves, well I tried hitting the trigger point as soon as the elves appeared. Nothing happened. I also tried placing a unit on the trigger point as the elves made their way to the oasis. Didn't work either.
I mean on Defense.
Attachments
8_Burning_Suns.cfg
Replace please.
(17.96 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

that didnt work. tried loading in my last save game. threw up this error message.
Attachments
error message when loading the map
error message when loading the map
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

nindnarne wrote:that didnt work. tried loading in my last save game. threw up this error message.
[censored], forgot about that... That's a new macro. Another one:
Attachments
8_Burning_Suns.cfg
(17.96 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
nindnarne

Post by nindnarne »

still the same problem. nothing happens when i place a unit on the marker. tried ending the turn etc as well.