Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

StDrake

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.7

Post by StDrake »

Don't double post in sych short time intervals, the edit button is there for a reason

seeing as there are many factions with coding problems, not much in the graphic section and often little idea above stats, what's the chance of getting my own factions assimilated into ageless? Once they're more ready at least (placeholder graphic is worse than bad graphics xD)
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

I'm sorry, but this forum doesn't keep me logged in, even if I ticked the box in order to remain logged in.
I have to log in each and every time I want to write a post: when I come back to edit my former post it's impossible to edit it, and I have to make a new one.
It's annoying for me also. :(
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
tyler

Post by tyler »

I noticed that there is a ton of unit descriptions/faction lore missing (or, even worse, some descriptions are in broken English with horrible grammar). If any era maintainers need a writer then I'm more than happy to lend a hand.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

MattDakka wrote:Aragwaithi archer sprite has some issues, sometimes it's invisible.
Please tell me when.

Mnewton1, maybe list all maintainers in post 1, that'll make it easier to contact us (the maintainers).
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

The issue sometimes occurs when I recruit an archer, the sprite is invisibile.
It sometimes occurs moving around the archer, he turns invisible when he stops to move, but I didn't manage to figure out which is the reason :?: , it seems a random occurrance.
As an aside, during attack animations some frames of the sprites are invisible as well, but this is a common issue shared by many Ageless Era sprites.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

MattDakka wrote:The issue sometimes occurs when I recruit an archer, the sprite is invisibile.
It sometimes occurs moving around the archer, he turns invisible when he stops to move, but I didn't manage to figure out which is the reason :?: , it seems a random occurrance.
As an aside, during attack animations some frames of the sprites are invisible as well, but this is a common issue shared by many Ageless Era sprites.
The AE Aragwaithi don't work well with the TSoL and GLE Aragwaithi. Maybe try uninstalling them and then take another look.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Dream_Merchant

Post by Dream_Merchant »

Regarding removing 'duplicate' factions from different eras, I am completely against this as I believe it breaks the spirit of Ageless Era which is to compile known factions. Of course this does not mean that factions should not be updated once their original creators make significant changes.

Regarding unit descriptions, I have previously stated that I would also like to contribute in the effort to flesh out the units and factions and I reiterate my willingness to contribute in that manner to any creator and maintainer that wishes my assistance with English descriptions. I am proficient in 4 languages and I am confident we can overcome linguistic barriers.
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

About Yokai faction:
Experience value needed to level up for: Faerie; Mandragore; Nixie; Rebel Swarm; Weaver Widow. seem to be off (70 is required to reach level 2).
Aryvan

Post by Aryvan »

Thanks for your help :-)

But it's still not working-.-

Here's the part of my _main.cfg which tries to get the AE units. It's not really structured mostly because I tried various things to fix the problem. Of course they didn't work.

I hope that somebody is able to help me...
Thanks in advance^^
Attachments
_main - copy.cfg
(905 Bytes) Downloaded 156 times
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Your problem is that you are not telling it to read Ageless Era's _main.cfg. If you do that, it will work. There is a macro defined in the _main.cfg that is required to find all the units.

Although, I suggest you have the game only read the units you will be using in your campaign. Right now it is reading every units and this will cause a lot of lag for people, but if you only have it read specific unit folders, it will go much faster. An example of this is to simple remove the {~add-ons/Ageless_Era/units/_units.cfg} and replace it with a specific faction. For example if you are making the campaign about the Mercenaries Oracles, then you would have this:

Code: Select all

{~add-ons/Ageless_Era/units/ME_units/oracles.cfg}
{~add-ons/Ageless_Era/units/ME_units/oracles}
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Aryvan

Post by Aryvan »

So I added {~add-ons/Ageless_Era/_main.cfg} right in front of {GET_AE_UNITS}
but I still get the error that the 'GET_AE_UNITS' is missing...
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Would you mind posting or PMing me your whole _main.cfg? It could simple be the order in which it reads the files.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

The Arsonist from Mercenaries era is very overpowered. 12-3 fire ranged and 4-6 mele, looking the longbow master 9-3 mele blade and 11-4 pierce, we can say the Arsonist has the offensive of a lv3 unit. Messenger of the same faction is overpowered too, 9-3 mele blade and 7-4 ranged pierce and it's a lv2 mounted unit ... I think some units in Mercs era must have serius balancing changes :?
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ShakeZula

Post by ShakeZula »

Just so you know, I would fully back getting rid of all the incomplete factions in ageless era. I like some of the ones that are well done, but all those units slow down certain parts of the game (particularly the unit profiles) and some of their artwork is just plain horrible and I hate looking at them. I am of the *opinion* that something shouldn't be included unless it is fully completed or at least somewhere near that, people enjoy making base unit images and stats and then don't continue to work on them, this just makes the game slower and worse for all of us since so many people use the ageless era. Of the new mercenaries era, the tribals and the mercenaries themselves are the only ones that stand out in my mind as worthy of even being released, though I am probably forgetting something and I haven't analyzed them all thoroughly yet. Particularly a few of the factions on the bottom of the list are just ridiculous, no offense to any of the authors, but if you can't stand criticism it seems like you would do a better job.

I appreciate all the work people are doing, but the fact is they are doing it mostly as a hobby for themselves and it seems like some are just scribbling on MS paint and submitting it.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

IPS wrote:The Arsonist from Mercenaries era is very overpowered. 12-3 fire ranged and 4-6 mele, looking the longbow master 9-3 mele blade and 11-4 pierce, we can say the Arsonist has the offensive of a lv3 unit. Messenger of the same faction is overpowered too, 9-3 mele blade and 7-4 ranged pierce and it's a lv2 mounted unit ... I think some units in Mercs era must have serius balancing changes :?
tell that to the enchanters' rune apprentice, he's got stats like an elf archer - but with magic fire attacks
comparing to a loyalist mage those have negligibly smaller attack, while having some 30% more hp and being 2/3 the price
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here