1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bigkahuna

Re: 1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Post by bigkahuna »

shalky wrote:.....[bugs]
Thanks! Fixed. About Front Lines - I cut both sides' gold in half. It should be faster. I would also suggest following the objectives very carefully. You don't have to finish off the enemy completely, just
Spoiler:
ydcl wrote:I must be an idiot, but when I arrive, with a "thunderer", near a catapult, there is no dialogue, and the catapult still broken.
Woops, totally missed it. It was one thing I forgot to change when I altered the catapults id and name to be more politically correct. One thing though:
ydcl wrote:but I really need to fire, this damned catapult, if I want to try again the campaign
That isn't that way to ask someone for help.

Thanks for reporting these! All fixed in 0.4.3.

NOTE: The 12th scenario ends a bit abruptly and WILL be altered later (more RL woes coming tomorrow). Note that this should not alter saves and such but I just wanted to warn you.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Sorry, if I like rude, but english is not my first language. it was just, for showing, I really want to try, this campaign. Sorry again.
shalky

Post by shalky »

In outer defenses I have no Bledoc, but Gor instead of him. Also I you open the door with the key first time you arrive at the location, next unit that moves to the corresponding hex gets message about closed door. All other problems seems to be fixed here.

In Retribution when map is switched to the 1 to 1 battle if boss was poisoned he still is poisoned here. And also he disappears after is killed and therefor his side of dialogue is missing.

In Front lines the "cloak" does not seem to be working.Enemy is still atacking me.
After the update the game is much faster, but Revivers are in serious disadvantage, because there are not good counters for the undead army. To many of them have pierce attack.
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

I'd also encourage to make some way of preventing income before the thieves are spotted in "unusual task" - the captain recruited a thunderer which kept chasing my folks around forcing an early spotting

that altar is a neat idea, the ghost turned out most useful in the next scenario..though those bats would be nice not to reappear that much

outer defences - first time i started it something gone wrong and dwarves got spotted through the wall, one of the 3 dropped health potions would not work (at least not on the dwarf scout) and the last speech when finishing the scenario was doubled

small grammar weirdness in those last scenario speeches but i managed to understand them..somehow, can't say that about remember which ones they were xD

near humour, can't wait for the rest of the story
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

All of them are fixed. Thanks for reporting.

0.5.0 is out! It has a bunch of bugfixes, some tweaking to the catapults and the 12th scenario, and the new 13th scenario!

Progress: All that's left is the final scenario. After some deliberation I decided that a transition scenario would just prolong things too much.
Join the new R2D forum!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

seems like you've messed up the path choice, joining the undead results in the revivers scenario next, while joining revivers goes to 'undead' mission
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

StDrake wrote:seems like you've messed up the path choice, joining the undead results in the revivers scenario next, while joining revivers goes to 'undead' mission
Wow - you're right. Reload from the save where you complete the final objective (trying to keep a spoiler here) to fix it.

EDIT: 0.5.1 is out, miscellanous bugfixes like the above.

Progress: The first scenario is almost complete (the map and the coding are done). All that's left is balancing! Expect it by tonight or Tuesday.
Join the new R2D forum!
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

I believe this warrants a double post.

0.6.0 is out, and with it, the final scenario! I am now considering the campaign complete storywise, but am not upgrading it to 1.0 until the final scenario is more balanced. Any bugs that you find or tips that you have to balance out the scenario (recruitment, recruitment patterns, gold, difficulty, objectives, etc.) would be appreciated! Thank you for playing the campaign.

The next steps: balancing, code cleanups, and wmllint and translation compatibilities. Currently most of my names need to have the unrenameable trait, I have a bunch of random words without exception markers, etc.
Join the new R2D forum!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

On the fun side it turned out I started the last scenario with mal korvans spirit in the recall list :D which was probably not intended? the leader from the last scenario also had his golden crown when recalled, you may want to revise that recall list

i'm not sure if the orc wouldnt be nicer to head off north than south so its possible to catch him..but then again I killed the mage leader a tad early (on the second turn with a nice charge :D), so probably its ok if someone clears off his troops first

comming back to 13_cleansing - it would be nice if not only the allied troops but also villages switched sides to the players when that occurs
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

StDrake wrote:you may want to revise that recall list
Done, thanks.
StDrake wrote:i'm not sure if the orc wouldnt be nicer to head off north than south so its possible to catch him..
Well, I didn't want to make it too easy. Besides, it's just a flavor event for the possibility someone might catch him :lol2:
StDrake wrote: killed the mage leader a tad early (on the second turn with a nice charge
Pssh. Just for that I scaled down your gold :twisted:
StDrake wrote:comming back to 13_cleansing - it would be nice if not only the allied troops but also villages switched sides to the players when that occurs
Done. Thanks, this will all be done in a couple of minutes.
Join the new R2D forum!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

bigkahuna wrote:
StDrake wrote: killed the mage leader a tad early (on the second turn with a nice charge
Pssh. Just for that I scaled down your gold :twisted:
That won't help since you start with a paladin out in the field - that's the guy that just caught a village on the first turn and trampled the wizzy on the next (2x40 damage at day vs 56 wizzy hp=ouch,perhaps remodel the wizzys keep so that he can't be accessed that easily despite being full of his own units?)
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Okay. Now I see what you mean. Fixed. I also gave you a bit more of your gold back :lol2:
Join the new R2D forum!
Scys

Post by Scys »

Hi,

I'm Stuck on Outer Defenses. I killed the golem to get the three keys, but the gate at 44,2 doesn't open when I move next to it.
I had a look in the cfg file and I can't see how keys can be set to 2.

I also had a problem with one of the potions after the battle in the room with the Ogre cage.
I had a look in the cfg file and there is a small inconsistency: 'potion_1' and 'potion1' are both used.

Thanks.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

You have good eyes. I made a bunch of variable changes during some bugfixes and messed up those two. Thanks very much! Fixed.

EDIT: As of yesterday (and today!) Sweet Revenge is the fastest growing add-on on the 1.9 add-ons server! To quote the numbers (from http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.9/ )

1221 down[loads]
45 up
Join the new R2D forum!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

well i replayed the whole frontlines and the scenario following it and..

..and you've fux..err..fixed the problem of mr. aloof wizard getting slain too early quite nicely..but isn't removing him totally a little over the roof? he didn't spawn at all, leaving a glitchy speech gap..and how nice, this time i used the mind control special on the other ghostie in frontlines..and got both posseseds in my recall list at the end xD

Come to think of it - don't fix that last issue actually. It's a funny element to discover, and a nice reward for being a sneaky [censored] :D, and you could actually add some funny chatter when they do get recalled against commong sense (and let their specials work not just in frontlines). Something like "Mal Korvan - I have returned as foretold! haha..err..wait..what!?"