Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

IPS

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.6

Post by IPS »

Another bug in the yokai faction: every unit from this faction can't move in coastal rift. Thay may be anoying for the yokai players sometimes.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

It's not just the Yokai - a lot of units can't move in coastal reef. For example the High Elves, or the Welkin, or the Ceresians...
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

reefs are a recent addition in 1.8 and a lot of factions date before those times, often without continual support
their creators would simply have to come back from the void and decide on the movement/defense on that terrain
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

StDrake wrote:reefs are a recent addition in 1.8 and a lot of factions date before those times, often without continual support
their creators would simply have to come back from the void and decide on the movement/defense on that terrain
Well, in the meantime I suppose we could have the units treat reefs like shallow water. It isn't perfect, but it would give us a short term solution.
Last edited by Temuchin Khan on January 4th, 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IPS

Post by IPS »

some units in ageless heros like the Propugnator and the Decurion are underprised (both of Lavinian faction); 28 cost for good mele and 6-2 slowing ranged for both and the Decurion has leadership. You may need to fix some prices in ageless heros.
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Regarding the reef, I was just thinking that it would just cost two moves and you would get 50% on it for every unit until I get the time to change it for specific units.

@IPS: Unless you are specific on what it should be changed to, I probably won't change it. That goes for all balancing.

@Reepurr: Your missing the level 1. I will add those two now though

@theDream: Thanks. I will look at it and see if I can fix it.

Just so everyone knows, I probably won't get any work done anytime soon. School testing is about to start. Oh fun :cry:
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

I better send you a PM with some suggerences to some lv2 units.

Edit: where are the Steppe orcs in ageless heros? I dont see them in the list of factions o.O
Ryuuzaki52

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

I thought you could open the .gif in Preview or something and just take the frames apart really easily o.o...That's what I always do
Attachments
The Small One.png
The Small One.png (877 Bytes) Viewed 3711 times
The Middle One.png
The Middle One.png (1.03 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
Djinn.png
Djinn.png (1.17 KiB) Viewed 3711 times
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Wow... I decided to come take a look at what had happened to Wesnoth in the, what, two years since I was last here; looked through the factions page and whoa, hey, I recognize that sprite! :shock:

It's a weird feeling to see that people like your work enough to keep it in circulation long after you're gone. Thanks.

:eng:
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

OMIGOD MEGANE IS BACK

Your sprites are awesome -fangush-

But seriously, there is definitely all sorts of awesome art here. Drake sprites, new portraits- did you see the Fire Dragon Jetrel and Eternal finished? And the terrain color-adjustments and all sorts of new transitions made by Eleazar-

okay i'll stop spamming up this thread now
IPS

Post by IPS »

[off]Congratulations Newton1, this post is the 1000 one.[/off]

About balance, why Banshee is a lv2 unit with 22 hp? It's to low hp. And it's in leaders list :(
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Ryuuzaki52 wrote:I thought you could open the .gif in Preview or something and just take the frames apart really easily o.o...That's what I always do
If you were to take it off the forums, it's a single frame. All images merged together (for me, anyway). In other words, don't do that.

Windherder without a grossly lighter belt than the others.
air-windherder.png
air-windherder.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
StDrake

Post by StDrake »

err Hive faction needs a quick fix, the swarm has a nonexistant levelup that causes gamecrashing bug..well..errors

edit: gnat probably too
Like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick ass with!
Don't like cats? I've made a whole faction of them to kick their asses! So everyone's happy :)
Felinian faction is part of the Beyond Southern Hells era
kitties need sprites! art topic here
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

@IPS: Thank! The Yokai Banshee is on the leader list because someone might want to be it, it has good resistance, attack, movement, and the terror ability.

@StDrake: Thanks but already fixed :P Will be in the next update which should be ready soon.

@Reepurr: Thanks. I have added all three. Feel free to do any of the other unit who don't have TC and I will add them as well.

@Ryuuzaki52: Same thing I said to Reepurr.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

Ok ok I know it has terror, but 22 hp is to low for 30% res to physic (Shadowns/Wraiths has more hp and more physic res) I think it must have atleast 28 hp instead 22.

About mercenaries, the lv2 units from Mercs era has the price of it's lv1. I think we must make the prices depending it's stats (hmmm... it must be an interesting experience) but mercs has to much factions, so that must take some time to do :/