1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bigkahuna

Re: 1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Post by bigkahuna »

shalky wrote:Now it is certainly doable to destroy the enemy.
You are not supposed to destroy the enemy, as the way to finish the scenario is to do some things with the dwarf that you find. Do you mean it is doable to hold them off until you can finish the scenario, or are you able to kill them all? Because if you are, then something is wrong and I will need to make it harder or give the enemy leader some immortality, which would decrease realism.
shalky wrote:Although I would like some kind of cavalry.
Sure - I'll throw in some.
shalky wrote:However it seems that random is not working both sides gets same type of units again and again.
If you mean the random reinforcements, that is the RNG's fault and not mine. But yes, the recruitment patterns were a bit off, I tried to fix them but can't promise much.
shalky wrote:In scenario Infiltration the event in which you create the bridge happens again and again.
Fixed, thanks.
shalky wrote:Also southern bridge cracks only if the person is standing on it in the end of the turn.
I can't help that. It should fire whenever a unit moves on it, but sometimes with ai sides it screws up.

Next version is out! I'll make sure to put some more people in the credits in the next release.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

bigkahuna wrote:
You are not supposed to destroy the enemy, as the way to finish the scenario is to do some things with the dwarf that you find. Do you mean it is doable to hold them off until you can finish the scenario, or are you able to kill them all? Because if you are, then something is wrong and I will need to make it harder or give the enemy leader some immortality, which would decrease realism.
No I was barely able to hold of the attackers until balista was built. Making it harder would probably make it impossible to win.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

shalky wrote:No I was barely able to hold of the attackers until balista was built. Making it harder would probably make it impossible to win.
Perfect! That was the entire point of the balancing. Thanks a lot for your help, I just released another update with you in the credits.
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

bigkahuna wrote: Thanks a lot for your help, I just released another update with you in the credits.
There is no need to thank me. You are the one who have done the all the work. I was just playing the game :) .

But in the last game I managed to disable both catapults before there were capable to fire, and after that in was just to easy.
Consider making the operators mags of light (level 3) or give them more then 40 live.
Also it seems that you have fixed randomization in the reinforcements for our team, but enemy was getting only dwarfish fighters.

In infiltration you should try force the first (or second) unit that is crossing the bridge to stop in the middle to destroy it. Because your ability to survive is too dependent on the traits of enemy units. If you are lucky and enemy gets fast unit rider as first unit you have no problem to survive. However if you are unlucky you can die in the fist round after destroying the bridges. Last time I played it 4 units crossed the bridge. When Caedry appeared, 3 of them returned and he was killed in the first round.Bridge was still standing . Also a village would be nice on your side of the river :)
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

shalky wrote:Consider making the operators mags of light (level 3)
Done.
shalky wrote:Also it seems that you have fixed randomization in the reinforcements for our team, but enemy was getting only dwarfish fighters.
I didn't change anything since the last update. It is simply the Random Number Generator. The code is fine.
shalky wrote:In infiltration you should try force the first (or second) unit that is crossing the bridge to stop in the middle to destroy it.
Impossible, but I did the second-best thing. Once Caedry comes the bridge will be destroyed.
shalky wrote:Also a village would be nice on your side of the river
EDIT: Done.
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

In scenario Assault Rheoran is already assassin, but he is just level 2. And in the scenario 8 Moryn cannot die, but I cannot found him anywhere. Also he is not in the previsions scenario as well. And considering the dialogues he is supposed to be there.

But except this problems it is so far pretty good. I liked the transformation in Unusual task it really helped me. Also the changes you have done were good.
All maps are certainly doable now, even thou same of them are really hard.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

shalky wrote:In scenario Assault Rheoran is already assassin, but he is just level 2.
Blargh. Fixed.
shalky wrote:And in the scenario 8 Moryn cannot die, but I cannot found him anywhere.
Blargh. Start the scenario over and he will be there.
shalky wrote:But except this problems it is so far pretty good. I liked the transformation in Unusual task it really helped me. Also the changes you have done were good.
All maps are certainly doable now, even thou same of them are really hard.
Good - I'm glad you like it so far. I'm making so many updates that soon I'll run out of numbers :lol2:

EDIT: Speaking of updates, 0.3.11 is out with a bugfix...
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

Well in Unusual task Moryn is finally present but in Technical difficulties he is not present, however you can recall him in the keep. The biggest problem here is that even thou I had rescued Bledoc game still want me to rescue him, and after bypassing necromancer and fulfilling the task mision goals do not change, but I still can not trigger victory event.

In outer defenses there is problem with potions. I seems that when you stand on it infinite cycle is triggered, and I can not do anything about it. Also there is something with healing in this scenario . Units will no heal when standing still.

In retribution I had all my units from 2 prevosious scenarios and it was just too easy. Also when map is changed Boss should be cured of slow and poison as well.

And dialogue in paternal guidance was pretty unexpected :lol2: .
Looking forward to next scenario.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

shalky wrote:even thou I had rescued Bledoc game still want me to rescue him, and after bypassing necromancer and fulfilling the task mision goals do not change, but I still can not trigger victory event.
Did you get this dialogue?
scenario wrote: [message]
speaker=Rheoran
message= _ "Time to leave."
[/message]
[message]
speaker=Bledoc
message= _ "Thank you for saving me, friend."
[/message]
[message]
speaker=Rheoran
message= _ "No worries. After all, you are one of our brothers. How were you captured?"
[/message]
[message]
speaker=Bledoc
message= _ "Let me explain..."
[/message]
Because if you did, it's fixed now. Typo the engine didn't catch. If not, you need to end the turn before the game will end. if STILL not, then tell me because it is a different error.

All the others should be fixed in the next release. Busy with RL stuff so the 12th scenario will be a bit late, but it is near finished.
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

Because if you did, it's fixed now. Typo the engine didn't catch. If not, you need to end the turn before the game will end. if STILL not, then tell me because it is a different error.
I did not get this dialogue when I finished it. The only dialogue was about Moryn and his mission.

Also now there is some kind of error at line 703 in Outer defenses Ifdef or ifndef not closed.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Also now there is some kind of error at line 703 in Outer defenses Ifdef or ifndef not closed.[/quote]
Both fixed (hopefully). I literally have no time to test stuff right now, what with Christmas break and such RL humbug. Thanks for all of your bug reports. A code cleanup is upcoming, and once all the company leaves the next scenario.

P.S. Glad you "liked" the dialogue in the talk scenario. I wanted him to sound like a Communistic lunatic :lol2: [/off_topic]

EDIT: 0.3.14 is out with the above changes and the aforementioned code cleanup. The campaign should now FINALLY work for those who use debug (you know who you are...). Thanks for playing the campaign![/spoiler]
EDIT (no, not even this warrants a double-post): After a long holiday silence, my RL woes have ended and the next scenario it out! As usual, don't hesitate to fill out bug reports. As usual, the campaign has been lovingly tested, but (give it to Murphy) what can go wrong will go wrong. Your support and donations (it's the thought that counts) have been very appreciated, as well as (more realistically) bug reports, gameplay feedback, and balancing tips.

~Bigkahuna Out.

A Third Edit: Added journey map data, story, and removed a major spoiler/plot element from the scenario. Woops.
Join the new R2D forum!
shalky

Post by shalky »

In Outer Defenses heal potion can be grabbed, but there is no effect. Game declares wml error [effect] not supported . Also after I kill last guard in the first part every other person I kill drops potions and key.

In front-lines it take forever for computer to finish his move. And there is simply not enough time(at least for me) to finish off the enemy.

Edit: In retribution I had all my units from 2 last scenarios also when I am whit the 1 on 1 after killing the boss he disappear.His side of dialogue is missing
Last edited by shalky on January 2nd, 2011, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

I must be an idiot, but when I arrive, with a "thunderer", near a catapult, there is no dialogue, and the catapult still broken. I must doing, something wrong. Sorry, to disturb you, like this, but I really need to fire, this damned catapult, if I want to try again the campaign
shalky

Post by shalky »

You are not idiot it is not working for some reason in this version.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Ah ok, what a pity ! Is it maybe, something to do, with the dwarf side.