Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ryuuzaki52

Re: Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.6

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

Yeah >_> It's not 100% even but I did mirror...Also, they were supposed to be crosshairs but it kindof failed epically ._. Cause...I guess crosshairs don't really go with a blade-based robot...Either way, you could always use JUST the idle animation and do that move/tackle thing.

EDIT:

Alright, took it down to two frames (Four if you need to use idle before and after the attack...Not sure what happens there)
It raises it's claw and becomes IMBUED WITH TEAM SPIRIT!...Or lightning or something >_>...Is this a viable replacement? :o
Attachments
Bladewhirler_Final.zip
(14.46 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Okay, I finally dared to unzip it (viruses man viruses) and promptly discovered it was absolutely rubbish. I mean, seriously, you can't move one body part without moving other parts: Rule One of animating. You have to move the whole body.

Besides, for some reason your bladewhirler is facing directly south, which is a no-go. Southeast or nothing. Here are the southeast (or west) facing ones I've got in my Steelhive Era images:
bladewhirler.png
bladewhirler.png (1.64 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
Bladewhirler-new.PNG
Bladewhirler-new.PNG (1.24 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
And please, for my sake, make an animated GIF and submit that rather than making a zip.
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Ryuuzaki52

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

...There was more than one image in there, it had to be a zip >_> It would be moving when it attacked, so it'd look fine. Anyway, the second one seems good, yeah.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Ryuu, what did you do to my Bladewhirlers? I just finished a game against an AI in which an AI bladewhirler got 2-32 melee and about 150 hitpoints from that weird ranged draining ability you gave it, which I can't really understand from the context.

>.>
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hmmm... Using ageless I found two bugs:

1.- to start ... let's see this
Spoiler:
Telecharger hability has a grave bug. Making this unit almost undestructible. When every unit atack other unit it earns +1 hp. This causes that unit has more hp than it's maximum.

2.- the hability "cursed" don't work in cursed sword, making them an overpowered unit by an accident. 15-2 without that penalty is indeed a clean force unit.
Last edited by Gambit on December 18th, 2010, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed colors. You should know better IPS.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Ryuuzaki52 wrote:...There was more than one image in there, it had to be a zip >_>
You can post three images in one post, and you only had three images.
Or you could have turned them into an animated .gif.

Anyway, JW doesn't seem to be looking at the EOM art thread, nor does anyone else, so I might as well post my TC'd keeper here.
keeper.png
keeper.png (3.88 KiB) Viewed 3639 times

Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

No image for Rune Apprentice from the EA Enchanter faction
Dream_Merchant

Post by Dream_Merchant »

mnewton1 wrote: I have actually removed the energy type entirely and changed it to fire. Resistance have been changed slightly throughout Feudal and Imperial Era slightly to accommodate for this.
Assuming you have rebalanced the energy resistance/damage issue, I think you should remove it from the list of a unit's resistances all together to avoid confusion.
Ryuuzaki52

Post by Ryuuzaki52 »

Something has been bothering me for some time now, so I took it upon myself to fix it! :D

BEHOLD THE TEAM SPIRIT, of the new Wind Elementals~
Attachments
Wind_Elementals.gif
Wind_Elementals.gif (2.55 KiB) Viewed 3549 times
Dream_Merchant

Post by Dream_Merchant »

There are some factions whos units do not show the correct terrain modifiers and instead show 0% for most terrains. The modifiers appear to be working correctly. Just the help screen doesn't show them correctly. I can't remember which factions had this issue but its worth checking them up.

Also is there a simple way to unlock all the unit's help screens without actually having to play with/against them?
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

Fire sprites are a bit overpowered (the lvl 1 ranged unit from warg). Compare them to the elvish archer: They do the same damage, elf archer has only 5 more hp, elf archer costs 3 more gold, fire sprite has 60% everywhere except water and fire sprite has better resists. They also do fire damage, which fewer units have a resistance to. For them to ever be killed the enemy player has to be extremely lucky. To change this, either change the movement type so it's the same as that of the warg but with 1 mp everywhere or increase the cost by three so that they can't be recruited as much.
Last edited by wesfreak on December 25th, 2010, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

Dream_Merchant wrote:There are some factions whos units do not show the correct terrain modifiers and instead show 0% for most terrains. The modifiers appear to be working correctly. Just the help screen doesn't show them correctly. I can't remember which factions had this issue but its worth checking them up.

Also is there a simple way to unlock all the unit's help screens without actually having to play with/against them?
1. Happens with the drakes in my campaign as well, including the mainline ones. I think it's probably a mainline bug.

2. Pretty sure the ingame command [ :debug ] does that.

mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

It seems I haven't posted for a little more than two week. To start things off, Merry Christmas!

MattDakka, RenoOfTurks, IPS, wesfreak: I will look at all these bugs and balancing problems and attempt to fix them.

Dream_Merchant: I have already completely removed the energy type. To access all the help menus type this exactly is it is -> :debug

Ryuuzaki52: I am probably not going to use your bladewhirler. Also, it is great that you TCed the wind elementals, but I can't use them in .gif form and as one image. You need to post them as separate images.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

:facepalm: I thought Ryuu had made a four-armed Djinn.
There I was, making a TC'd pair of elementals myself... :facepalm:
air-zephyr.png
air-zephyr.png (4.34 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Djinn.png
Djinn.png (4.52 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Oh well, I suppose you can see which one is better.
EDIT: I'm not saying mine is better, I'm saying that when you get the pictures, you can check and ... oh never mind.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS happy Boxing Day!

theDream

Post by theDream »

There's a bug with the feyborn witch of the yokai. Its spectral shard attack gains the charm ability, which means that it will convert enemies on almost every attack. I think it's a big problem since many people know this and use it shamelessly.
Also, IMO, the blight faction seems really weak in multiplayer. They don't have ranged firepower and will get owned by factions with arcane damage.