[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The Black Sword

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by The Black Sword »

So for anybody that bothered to get up at 9 to watch, the epic finale of Entropy vs Nerds R Us has resulted in victory for Nerds R US! :D
Very fun game on Loris River with some weird luck quite a few times, one of them resulting in a ctk for Huumy on my orc leader but then the rng did a backflip to save him :P .

Thanks to Entropy for some very nice games, I really enjoyed them. I hope you guys get back in the tournament and we'll see you in the final :wink: .
Attachments
4p_-_Loris_River_replay.gz
(28.45 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Thanks Huumy and Asilkle for so nice game, and thanks Faello for this tournament. Really not easy have so good 2v2, I enjoyed them a lot :)
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

Ah, we now know who our opponents are going to be. :twisted: I'm looking forward to playing against Nerds R Us in the new year. 8)
neki

Post by neki »

So according to TGT admins' decision team RNG will meet Miso Hapi in the second round of the competition, right ? I am looking forward to playing them and I am glad they have benefit from hardly any real TGT battles :)

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy New Year!

neki
Just_end_turn

Post by Just_end_turn »

It looks like Rigor can't play tonight, christmas things :/
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

Thank you for all the games NERDS and Aisikle :) I enjoyed every single of them.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

thefish is having trouble contacting Cremember and was hoping to find a sub for our next game - we're hoping to play one hour from now... but I don't know if it's going to happen or who our opponent will be. stay tuned!
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

We played 2 turns and then thefish disconnected. We waited more than 20 minutes and he didn't come back. I don't know what happened but we'll try to find another time to finish the match next week.

It is pretty frustrating to have yet another evening where I cancelled my original plans because of a game that was arranged last minute at a time that thefish picked - and that just evaporated into thin air. Maybe it was computer trouble, or whatever else that came up but whatever happened it is still annoying.

Cremember offered to play both sides, but that defeats the point of the 2v2 in my opinion. Hopefully we will find a time next week after Christmas and will post as soon as it is known.
neki

Post by neki »

Rodgers wrote:We played 2 turns and then thefish disconnected. We waited more than 20 minutes and he didn't come back. I don't know what happened but we'll try to find another time to finish the match next week.
He he, I will not say "I told you so" because people will report to the admins my non-churchly, cheerful and fun-intended post, but I will say "I informed you thusly" :P
Rodgers wrote:It is pretty frustrating to have yet another evening where I cancelled my original plans because of a game that was arranged last minute at a time that thefish picked - and that just evaporated into thin air. Maybe it was computer trouble, or whatever else that came up but whatever happened it is still annoying.
I totally symphatize with Rodgers and it can be observed, from posts across time at least, that mostly one team was responsible from dragging this confrontation into the holidays. Therefore, if no confrontation is concluded during the holidays, I think it's fair enough to say Rodger's team should be the one to advance further.
grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Post by grzywacz »

neki wrote:
Rodgers wrote:We played 2 turns and then thefish disconnected. We waited more than 20 minutes and he didn't come back. I don't know what happened but we'll try to find another time to finish the match next week.
He he, I will not say "I told you so" because people will report to the admins my non-churchly, cheerful and fun-intended post, but I will say "I informed you thusly" :P.
What exactly does repeating it over and over again accomplish?
Faello

Post by Faello »

neki wrote:So according to TGT admins' decision team RNG will meet Miso Hapi in the second round of the competition, right
Yes.
I'd appreciate if you could find a time to continue this game, but if you will be too busy with Christmas/New Year preparations etc. it's understandable.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

The Black Sword wrote:So for anybody that bothered to get up at 9 to watch, the epic finale of Entropy vs Nerds R Us has resulted in victory for Nerds R US! :D
Very fun game on Loris River with some weird luck quite a few times, one of them resulting in a ctk for Huumy on my orc leader but then the rng did a backflip to save him :P .

Thanks to Entropy for some very nice games, I really enjoyed them. I hope you guys get back in the tournament and we'll see you in the final :wink: .
Yeah, damn close at one stage. I wish I didn't over-extend so much in the top, but you learn a lot more from mistakes, than successes.

Thanks Nerds R Us for the amazing matches and an even bigger thanks to Huumy for becoming a permanent substitute on such short notice! I am very, very thankful for your contribution. I don't think I've said it before, actually, so yes, thank you! Hopefully we'll have a second shot at it.
neki

Post by neki »

grzywacz wrote:What exactly does repeating it over and over again accomplish?
Hey, grzywacz! You do have an evil juju, awfull feng shui or simply a bad mood :) Anyways, whatever your problem is, cheer up, it's a wesnoth competition, it's wesnoth and it's a competition so double the fun. Add all the other great players that share your own enthuziasm and play the game soo well and you get triple the fun :)! Yay for TGT!!!

Now, to come back to your question, which I will pretend it was not rhetorical, I've repeated the thefish thing again because:

It creates an association between neki and thefish, so the community has some funny associations that it can make from my comments, some associations that belong to it and are unique to the Wesnoth TGT community. I love thefish, I always play him, although I also always mock his crazy and chaotic style :) but he's a good guy, but crazy, you know, he's thefish :). Or you may say: Hey, this guy neki always makes fun of thefish, oh, they are playing online, let's go watch the game and have some fun teasing neki.

Or let me give u another example of fun posts that created hatred and desperation among the admins of this forum: my spicy comments between me and Rigor: Imagine how much fun a neki vs. Rigor ladder match is, just considering the trash talk, Cackfiend can be a witness :). And imagine that you find out all this "spicy things" by reading my "trash posts" as you admins consider them.

So that's why I make these "trash" posts: it is my idea of embedding some spicy fun into the community.
Faello

TGT Announcement - End of the 1st Round

Post by Faello »

TGT Announcement - End of the 1st Round

Ladies & gentlemen, I hereby announce end of the 1st Round of the TGT! :)

Unfortunately I received no reply from Bastchi & Stardock team members, thus, as already mentioned, via TGT admin decision, I'm eliminating these teams from TGT!.

Their spot in the second round goes to the team
North&South which won 1 game in the first round & was chosen by a lucky roll of a TGT admin wild dice :P I'd like to hear from North&South regarding if they will accept this decision & second chance - if they won't be interested, this place will go to Entropy, so I'd like to hear the response soon.

I want to thank every team for their participation in the first round, and I hope that we'll see even more good matches in the coming second round :)

Also, I'd like to also use this opportunity to wish you all Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! :D

Scores, updated tournament tree and 1st round replay pack will be posted 1st of Jan.

Second round of TGT! will begin 2nd of January 2011 and will end 23th of Jan
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

thanks for keeping everything on schedule, and Merry Christmas!