Accessing profiles through names

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aisikle

Accessing profiles through names

Post by Aisikle »

Hey everyone!

It should be noted that this issue is only relevant while browsing threads.

For a while now, almost whenever I want to visit someone's profile, rather than clicking the appropriate button at the bottom of that person's post, I instead click their names above their avatar. Obviously nothing happens and I immediately remember to scroll down and utilize the profile button, but I think for people like me, who are used to other forums, it would be a nice addition to be able to access profiles through clicking usernames.

I'm not sure whether the button at the bottom should be removed or not.

I understand this would be a major change and may even require replacement for things like the PM button (perhaps relocate under the avatar). I'm also unsure whether this has been requested before (I had a brief, fruitless search in the forum).

Hopefully, my idea will be considered for application.

Thanks,
Aisikle.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Accessing profiles through names

Post by Iris »

I'm (most likely) not making more functionality changes to subsilver2/wesnoth. If you want the functionality you're describing, try prosilver instead (UCP → Board preferences → Global options).
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Aisikle

Re: Accessing profiles through names

Post by Aisikle »

Ahhhh... I see.

Again, this was an issue caused by the fact that I haven't really used the forums much in years.

I hadn't even considered changing my board prefs.

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Feel free to lock or delete this thread.