[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Faello

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by Faello »

Rodgers wrote: If we don't get a game going in the next weekend or two I will be really sad. :(
I've already told Cremember to contact moderators regarding his account on forums via thefish, but I don't know if he has done anything about it yet.

Regarding contact problems - if problems with setting the game will make playing the games in the round impossible for 2 teams in the matchup, team that will prove their actions regarding setting the games and negligence of the opposing team, will advance further (still, I'd like to evade so radical solutions)

Tbh, I don't see any reason why I should treat problems with activating the account on forums as valid to the matter of setting the game - thefish should have other means of contact with Cremember and should be able to set the games between Instintkillerreturnsagainstronger and NFC North, also Cremember could try to create another account using other I.S.P. & email (like hitting the internet café for example) - if you want something to be done, you'll do it.

So I'm taking these circumstances under consideration - still, I'd ask NFC North to keep trying to contact Instintkillerreturnsagainstronger and set the game. I'll also try to help here.
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Faello wrote:I've already told Cremember to contact moderators regarding his account on forums via thefish, but I don't know if he has done anything about it yet.
I'm on the case. Next time tell him to contact the admin (me) directly, though. Moderators can't do much about these issues.

EDIT: should be solved now.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Yes, Cremember's account works like it should, I can PM him now.

Thanks again for your help shadowmaster! :)
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

thanks! We'll see if we can't get a game this weekend or next at the latest.
enacui

Post by enacui »

some advice here
1.a team can have 4 member to avoid the case of your opponent missing,or team with a manager often online.
2.a game should be end within about 2 hours,2 min/turn for each one is enough.
Faello

Post by Faello »

@1.Team with 1 player missing can play every round except final one with a sub - it's already in the rules, it's up to the players if they want to use this possibility or not (field experience shows that people prefer to surrender/withdraw than play together with a sub)

4 team members = responsibility for playing and setting the games spread too much, it wouldn't be a good idea, not to mention the fact that hardly any team would have 4 players since it's a 2vs2 tournament (also, try to find 16x4 teamed up players in reasonable amount of time to keep them interested in the tourney) - good luck with that :wink:

@2. No. Such a rule would penalize better players that can come with much better moves when they have more time and give more chances to averange players, that won't really move any better when given 2 minutes or 5. This tournament has 5-6 timer, so in the heat of battle people can show each other how good they really are - less complicated moves are hardly restrained by any reasonable timer.
Rodgers

Post by Rodgers »

Instintkillerreturnsagainstronger (thefish & Cremember) vs NFC North (Cutler & Rodgers)

Will be at 9PM EST tonight (Friday). That's 0200 Sat GMT.

Some chance that working late will cause us to abort again, but we're going to try for it and hope everyone can make it.
alpha1

Post by alpha1 »

Hey guys, i have a little emergency here, could we start our game 1h later pls? (which is at 18:00 GMT)
If you have any wishes or suggestions concerning the TGT or just want to drop me a message, pls pm me at: alpha1_pm
I won't be able to see any messages that are sent to alpha1.
MrHase

Post by MrHase »

Ok, here comes the first game between Ducks of Doom and North&South.

It was a great UD+elvs mirror on Loris River and at the end the Ducks of Doom were victorious :)

alpha's comment: Behold the rotated semi mirrored half-mirror mirror!
Attachments
TGT_Ducks_of_Doom_vs_North_and_South_1.gz
Ducks of Doom vs North&South Game 1
(35.09 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
neki

Post by neki »

Well, let me put it this way, MrHase:

1. Congratulations!!! It's nice to see the strong plk2 and Nordman fall to you. You might not realize it, but this is a big victory!!!

2. Do not get over yourselves, though, you got lucky! Loris River is a map where anything can happen, it's basically anyone's game since the village placement favours attacking from early stages of the game compared to tactical play which plk2 and Nordmann love.

3. Please be in tip top focused shape for your next match toghether and eliminate 2-0 these strong, tactical, never-can-be-rushed wesnoth-chess grandmasters out of the competition before they can even wake-up from this bad luck streak :).

Thank you once more, your victory is good news indeed :)
CookieBite

Post by CookieBite »

I can not participate in this tournament. Due to some events like KhiM being taken and some sad events on server that occurred and caused me to have develop a refusal to enter the server unless im extremely bored or if certain players are on. Which will bring happiness to many people, I am sure.

As the end result of this, I will have to decline the offer. If it isn't a problem I wish to give the reserved slot to Huumy, as he would've been my partner if the outcomes hadn't been otherwise.

Huumy: Have fun! I know you want to participate in this badly. Sorry for being unable to participate with you but i wish you the best of luck! Hope you find a teammate worthy of being your partner!~
May I suggest Paris. His good too.
Last edited by CookieBite on December 14th, 2010, 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
neki

Post by neki »

You will be missed, CookieBite! :) Just kidding, I am not aware of how you play since you did not accept any single ladder challenge I have made and you guys know how often I used to play ladder.

Anyways, it makes me sad to see that very enthusiastic players lose their interest in the tournament like that. Hope that Huumy gets himself a very weak team-mate though to compensate the fact that he is so strong :).
Huumy

Post by Huumy »

CookieBite wrote:I can not participate in this tournament. Due to some events like KhiM being taken and some sad events on server that occurred and caused me to have develop a refusal to enter the server. Which will bring happiness to many people, I am sure.
I'm sorry to hear this. :(
CookieBite wrote:As the end result of this, I will have to decline the offer. If it isn't a problem I wish to give the reserved slot to Huumy, as he would've been my partner if the outcomes hadn't been otherwise.
I would like to play in the tournament, tho it's up to the dudes who organize the tournament. So waiting for decision.
CookieBite wrote:Huumy: Have fun! I know you want to participate in this badly. Sorry for being unable to participate with you but i wish you the best of luck! Hope you find a teammate worthy of being your partner!~
May I suggest Paris. His good too.
No worries, and thank you.
"And the girl that you want is directly out in front, And she’s waving her caboose at you, You sneeze achoo, She calls you out and boom!"
The offspring, trolling you since forever.
neki

Post by neki »

That's a typical short objective northic personality answer, Huumy. I hope you will not be so cool in your 2 vs 2 game style, cause you already represent a force to be wrecken with. :)

Signing out,

neki
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

Hey everyone!

Aisikle from Entropy here.
As many of you would know, my first match begins in roughly half a day. Unfortunately, due to a significant personal issue, my partner, ManicDementia cannot participate in this (and quite possibly future) match(es).

This has left me in a lone position, not long at all before the match. I do not intend to give up, but I need a new teammate who would be willing to substitute for any given number of matches.

I live in eastern-Australia, so my timezone is GMT+10. I have a flexible schedule, with opportunities to train, indefinitely.

Now I would also prefer not to postpone the match tonight, but I understand the nature of such a request as this, so if it needs to happen, it needs to happen.

Anyone who's interested, please PM me asap! I will be checking my inbox around the clock.

Thanks for your time,
Aisikle.