1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ceres
Forum Regular

Re: Sweet Revenge Development Thread

Post by Ceres »

bigkahuna wrote:No, you misunderstood. It only works if you move ANY unit next to a repaired catapult.
That was clear, but if side 2 fired the catapult, side 1 cannot do this next turn, because the resetting of vars is in a side {SIDE} turn. Missed this.
What did you think of the catapults in general?
They work really great, and the impact anim is amazing :D (and the mechanism saved my life, because it destroyed the bridge, which is an overlay)
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Ceres wrote:That was clear, but if side 2 fired the catapult, side 1 cannot do this next turn, because the resetting of vars is in a side {SIDE} turn. Missed this.
I fixed this in the last update. It was an error from not resetting the moves of the catapult, which was a required variable to fire (messed up allied side's turn, like you noticed). What you noticed was the AI catapult configuration, which is used in the next big siege scenario.
Ceres wrote:(and the mechanism saved my life, because it destroyed the bridge, which is an overlay)
Wow that is a brilliant idea I didn't think of! I knew that :lol2:

Really that was cool that you thought of that. So upload the next version and it will fix the catapult bug. Currently coding the 8th scenario.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Random complaining about the catapult:

What is with this wimpy catapult? It only does 20 damage to enemies, and will only affect a single unit. [sarcasm] yipee, I can take out a peasant from time to time. [/sarcasm] I know, I know, WINR, HAPMA, UAPEB and all that. But I was kind of expecting a catapult to do some damage, even if it's only a few hp to the surrounding units. In addition, why are you using the tower sprite for the catapult when there's a perfectly good catapult sprite someone made? Check the brave wings campaign, it has the sprite in it IIRC.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Mountain_King wrote:[sarcasm] yipee, I can take out a peasant from time to time. [/sarcasm]
:lol2: I laughed when I saw that. Yeah, it is a bit wimpy. But this:
Mountain_King wrote:WINR, HAPMA, UAPEB
Means nothing to me. Sorry. If I raised it to like 50, it would be a bit overpowered. I've been tempted to just incinerate the entire surrounding area to make it look more AWESOME. I may put in some collateral damage. :twisted: See bottom of post.
Mountain_King wrote:why are you using the tower sprite for the catapult when there's a perfectly good catapult sprite someone made? Check the brave wings campaign, it has the sprite in it IIRC.
Brave Wings catapult sprite is has a pretty over-medievalinated look. Also, the mechanics are difficult... I'd have to code something to rotate the picture a certain way whenever the boulder launched in a certain direction, which would look pretty stupid. Finally, the Brave Wings wasn't even a unit; it was a scenery placement which they animated to *look* like it was launching at a random unit. It wasn't made to launch in different directions.

OKAY: POLL EVERYONE :D Catapult stuff:

1. How high should the damage be?

A. 20. Keep it as-is
B. ~40.
C. COMPLETELY INCINERATE THE UNIT.

2. How much collateral damage?

A. No collateral damage.
B. 5-10 collateral damage.
C. 20 collateral damage.
Join the new R2D forum!
figl569

Post by figl569 »

Scenario 3

When I kill all of the bandits that killed father of my hero nothing happened. no dialoge no objective complete nothing. the smae will happen when i kill all bandits that attack the elf
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

bigkahuna wrote:
Mountain_King wrote:WINR, HAPMA, UAPEB
Means nothing to me.
I don't know all of them either, but I know WINR means Wesnoth Is Not Reality.
bigkahuna wrote:OKAY: POLL EVERYONE :D Catapult stuff:

1. How high should the damage be?

A. 20. Keep it as-is
B. ~40.
C. COMPLETELY INCINERATE THE UNIT.

2. How much collateral damage?

A. No collateral damage.
B. 5-10 collateral damage.
C. 20 collateral damage.
1. D - COMPLETELY INCINERATE LEVEL <3s (otherwise do 30-40)
2. D - COMPLETELY INCINERATE LEVEL <1s (otherwise do 5-10)
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

figl569 wrote:When I kill all of the bandits that killed father of my hero nothing happened. no dialoge no objective complete nothing. the smae will happen when i kill all bandits that attack the elf
Yeah sorry about that. I put in a BUNCH of dialogue changes and such but forgot that one important one. I'll get on it. Thanks for playing that far, I think that you are the first to do it. :lol2:

And you mean the second scenario, right? Unless you haven't updated the version, yet :hmm:
Reepurr wrote:D - COMPLETELY INCINERATE LEVEL
Ah, the trials of a campaign maker :lol2: How I wish I could. I think 35-40 damage would be good. I'll start working on it.
Join the new R2D forum!
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

bigkahuna wrote:How I wish I could.
I looked at your warning and lobbed it out of the window.
Warning: This code has not been tested. Because it can't be. Because I don't have the latest version. Anyway.

Code: Select all

[if]
						    [filter]
							id=$victim.id
							level=3
						    [/filter]
						    [then]
						    [object]
							silent=yes
							[filter]
							    id=$victim.id
							[/filter]
							[effect]
							    apply_to=hitpoints
							    increase=-20
							[/effect]
							[/then]
							[else]
							[kill]
							    id=$victim.id
							[/kill]
							[/else]
						    [/object]
						    [/if]

Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Umm... What exactly is that supposed to do? :lol2:

All that does is make sure that the catapult only harms units that are level 3. Is that code that you need to use, or you're just throwing out there, or what...?
Join the new R2D forum!
figl569

Post by figl569 »

last scenario

When I kill the first dwarwish leader it wrote to me that iI have 2 turns to recruit but these turns count from the first turn not from turn when I kill leader.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Strange. I'll take a look at that once I fix the first, second, third scenarios and the catapult :augh:

Congratulations on finishing(ish) the first part of the campaign! What did you think of it?
Join the new R2D forum!
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

bigkahuna wrote:All that does is make sure that the catapult only harms units that are level 3.
And kills everything else, as with my suggestion
I wrote:1. D - COMPLETELY INCINERATE LEVEL <3s (otherwise do 30-40)

bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Reepurr wrote:D - COMPLETELY INCINERATE LEVEL <3s (otherwise do 30-40)
Ahh... Okay I get it. It sounded like you were saying incinerate the entire level in three seconds :lol2:
I don't really agree with that. Here is what I will do (or try...):

Main Impact: Kills level 0s, level 1s, hurts level 2s by 35-40, level 3s by 25-30.
Collateral damage: Kills level 0s, hits level 1s 20-25, hits level 2s 10-15, hits level 3s 5-10.

What do you think?

EDIT: I'm going to do it anyway, so forget the "what do you think" :lol2: Thanks for the ideas.
Join the new R2D forum!
Neuromancer

Post by Neuromancer »

bigkahuna wrote:
Reepurr wrote:D - COMPLETELY INCINERATE LEVEL <3s (otherwise do 30-40)
EDIT: I'm going to do it anyway, so forget the "what do you think" :lol2: Thanks for the ideas.
You are doing one big mistake there! When you will be least expecting it, advocates of COMPLETELY INCINERATE will strike (probably in your sleep) you in the most unconfortable way and make you pay! :lol2:
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Neuromancer wrote:advocates of COMPLETELY INCINERATE will strike (probably in your sleep) you in the most unconfortable way and make you pay!
Me thinks that they'll be happy with it :twisted:

0.0.7 is out, with groundbreaking changes involving large explosions... The next scenario is due anytime now, hopefully the next release (when I fix all the bugs in it).

EDIT: 0.0.8 is out, fixed some x,y placements from cropping a map.
EDIT: The next scenario is out! To celebrate, I skipped 0.0.9 :lol2:

LARGE AND RATHER IMPORTANT EDIT (no double-posting for me!):

0.1.5 is out! It includes another scenario (this time RPG style!), a huge code-cleanup (mostly for my benefit), and other such internal changes. The fourth scenario was made easier and smaller-scale so as to reduce frustration.

Silent Update: Fixed bug which never let you get reinforcements in the RPG scenario, fixed the RPG scenario again.
Join the new R2D forum!