Wesnoth 1.9.2

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Wesnoth 1.9.2

Post by ivanovic »

This is the third release of the 1.9.x development branch. As with normal development releases, it may include many more bugs than stable releases from the 1.8.x series — additionally, 1.8 content is not compatible with 1.9.x due to the many changes in the game engine and WML syntax between both branches. Don't be disappointed if the game crashes every now and then — "normal" players (those who want a stable gaming experience) should not use this release, and stick to the stable branch instead.. However, if you want to test the future of Wesnoth and help us find bugs early, you are welcome to check out 1.9.2. We require your help for finding and fixing issues. If you find a bug, please do not assume that it is so obvious that we already know about it. Report it and make sure that we are aware of it.

The changes in this release cover many graphics updates (especially for terrains and portraits) as well as the usual bug fixes and translation updates. Sadly the other developers were not very forthcoming listing their huge, new things, so the list will appear a little smaller.

There are already some known issues, but let me provide you with a list of great new things first. The known issues come afterwards...

Important changes and new features
[b]New Portrait sets[/b]
A new set of campaign portraits for both Liberty (by kitty) and for The Rise of Wesnoth (by LordBob). The latter has an unfortunate bug, as listed below.
Of course there is also the full changelog listing (almost) all the changes since 1.9.1 A changelog for the most visible changes for users is the players changelog.

Known Issues (might be fixed in the next release(s))
Downloads

Source code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... 2/download (315.8 MB) md5sum
Here is the XDelta for the sources:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wesnoth ... a/download (1.9.1 to 1.9.2, 29.3 MB)
Check http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=7034 for information on using XDelta.

The Windows package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

The MacOSX package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

The OpenPandora package is already available. You can find it on the download page.

Many of the Linux packages have already been created, and all known packagers have been contacted. Information about where to get the respective binaries or how to get them to work can be found in the Linux binaries page in the wiki. Download links for other supported systems will be available at the downloads page once the packages are created and published.

As a fallback you can also get the sources from http://files.wesnoth.org/ — but you should first try to get files through SourceForge.net to help us save bandwidth. Please get the files from SourceForge.net if possible.

The multiplayer server for 1.9.2 will soon be up and running. This server can be only be used to play with other 1.9.2 users. If you do encounter problems, please report them.

A new add-ons server for 1.9.x is already running. It was started during the development of 1.9.0. If you encounter any problems with content from the add-ons server not working as expected, please notify the content's author — most of them should be here in the Scenario & Campaign Development forum.

If you find any bugs don't hesitate to report them, but please read the instructions on how to post bugs first! Instructions for bug reporting can be found at ReportingBugs. Again, we require your help for finding and fixing issues, no matter how trivial or complicated they are!

Enjoy!

PS: Within the next seven days anyone asking when the binary for xyz will be ready will be banned and the post will be deleted. Such questions just distract the developers and packagers and don't do any good, so better not ask them...

Bug reports in the forums tend to get forgotten. You will get better results by following the guidelines and report them in the bugtracker.
ghyr-easeus

Re: Wesnoth 1.9.2

Post by ghyr-easeus »

"Wesnoth 1.9.2 includes huge, groundbreaking changes".

Does the new portraits is this "huge, groundbreaking changes"??

:eng:
:lol2:

Heh, that's a joke. Everything is perfect, but it can be more perfect.

Good luck developing Wesnoth!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Can't download 1.9.2 for Mac on any browser.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

What happens when you try to download it?
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
boru

Post by boru »

I just downloaded the Mac version using Firefox. It was an unusually slow d/l but the game seems fine.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

The download didn't even start on Opera.
The download mounting failed on Safari.
The download stopped when it was only 75 MB on Chrome.
I didn't have Firefox, I have try that one out.....
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

NB: the download is sourceforge, we don't have, AFAIK, a lot of control over that. Try a different mirror, or try again later.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Downloaded it a few days ago. Turns out I had slow net connection.
mal-vlami

Post by mal-vlami »

i have the new wesnoth its great!! but the campign 'the rise of wesnoth' is not working its not a problem in my computer i try it in a diffrent computer and it is not working to. try to repair it :)
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Maybe it’s the same issue as bug #17025 [Gna.org]?
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
nindjo

Post by nindjo »

hey i just found a bug in the campaign legend of wesmere the frist 3 misions of it play normaly but when you get to the elvish treasury you loose control to a very stupit ai who dies in 2 turns i tried to skip the level using debug but found that it was on al levels that game afterwerds i also found the same problem as mal-vlami but it only happens on certain diffecty levels i hope you can find the problem and fix it because as fun as it is to have to do nothing and watch an ai kill itself i wold realy like to try it myself
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Nabo0o

Post by Nabo0o »

If this is the right place to post it, I got exactly the same problem as nindjo.
I checked the status tab and it says my side is under human control, though I myself have no control at all ;D

I compiled the game with scons in Ubuntu 10.04 if that can help. I really appreciate all you guys have done/continue to do :D

Julian

Btw I played in normal mode.
DwgLb

Post by DwgLb »

Has there been any thought given to adding more standard campaigns to the basic download?