[Complete] The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Moderator: Forum Moderators

grzywacz
Inactive Developer

Re: The GRAND TAG! - a 2vs2 Tournament, 2nd Edition

Post by grzywacz »

The first game between CDeath (Faello & sidzej) and Noob Leavers (grzywacz & deekay) will be played on the official server on December 5th, Sunday, at 12:00 CET (GMT+1).

See you there!
tiboloid

Post by tiboloid »

While having autosaves on solves partially the problems raised by the disconnection bug, it sometimes doesn't, especially if there was some fighting involved just before the disconnected's turn. In this case, apply the following procedure:

disconnection bug HOWTO:

1. save the game
2. open another Wesnoth client and load saved game as a replay (check the "Show replay" checkbox at the bottom of the Load Game dialog box)
3. check the "Skip animation" check box at the top of the screen
4. run the replay by clicking on "continuous replay"
4bis. when you get closer to the disconnection turn, you might want to uncheck "Skip animation" to have the replay run slower
5. when you reach the turn of the side before the disconnected guy, click on "pause at the end of turn"
6. save the game and reload.

Thanks to Rigor for pointing out a simpler solution than the one I came out with initially.

Enjoy !
Last edited by tiboloid on December 1st, 2010, 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.
Faello

Post by Faello »

Good post tiboloid! This solution goes to 1st post! :)
The yellow jester does not play
but gently pulls the strings
and smiles as the puppets dance
in the court of the Crimson King.
Dauntless
TGT Champion

Post by Dauntless »

Random Noob Gamers will play against Mediteranean Piig their 1st (and maybe also second) game on Sunday 12th, 15 GMT
You are invited :)
DL
tiboloid

Post by tiboloid »

CD will meet Miso Hapi on Sunday the 5th at 2:00 am GMT, for the first game of the first round. We *might* play the second game just after the first one if everyone agrees upon that at that time.
Tinytim is unfortunatly not available but luckily nelson is kind enough to play for him.

Cya there !
Faello

Post by Faello »

I've added the "substitute players list" to first post if you'll need some and won't have a possibility to find any :)

Also, if some of you haven't noticed it yet, all the games announced in the topic go directly to the "coming games" section in 1st post of the thread, thus you may easily check who will play who and when :eng:

EDIT:Colourful TGT tournament tree was put instead of example tree to the 1st post.
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

Instintkillerreturnsagainstronger (thefish & Cremember) vs NFC North (Cutler & Rodgers)
Our team has put in a PM to thefish. No reply. Cremember isn't a forum member and can't be PM'd.

We're looking to play this Saturday if possible.
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.
Aisikle

Post by Aisikle »

The first match between Entropy (Aisikle and ManicDementia) and Nerds R Us (The Black Sword and tekelili), will come commence on Sunday the 12th, at 11:00GMT.

As always, you're welcome to come and watch!
neki

Post by neki »

He he, problems with thefish ?! Well, don't say I didn't tell you :)
CookieBite

Post by CookieBite »

Thefish can be only contacted via server, along with Cremember. Thefish does not usually check his pms unless told to do so by others beforehand. I advise get someone to tell him when his on or go searching for them yourselves.
Last edited by Gambit on December 3rd, 2010, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed further trashtalking/unnecessary rudeness.
Cutler

Post by Cutler »

Thefish can be only contacted via server, along with Cremember.
Well I'm not responsible for hunting someone down on the server. The games are organized here.

Also, got a PM from Rigor asking to use Terra Map. I don't like this map and vote no.
Only victory shall unmask a mystery knight.
Nordmann

Post by Nordmann »

Hi guys the northern regions spammed me with ice, snow and big troubles, so sorry for the late reponse since plk2 did not activate his pm box on this server i will catch him on the server and we will post a scedule asap.

Greetings from the snowy and stormy seas

Nordmann
Well up north it should be cold...
Faello

1st Round of TGT 2nd Edtion - announcement

Post by Faello »

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

1st round of The GRAND TAG! has begun ! (Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:33 pm)

Teams have almost 3 weeks to play the games with their opponents (until 23rd of December 2010)

Contact your opponents, don't wait for them to contact you first :)

Please, use this topic to inform people about the tournament games you will be playing, this information will be put into the first post of this thread as it was already mentioned.

After the game, please post the result of the match & upload replay from the game if it's possible.

Remember about the rules while setting and playing the games!

Regarding details:
Games played in the tournament system has to have a "TGT" acronym, number of the game , number of the round & team that participate in their names !
"Home - Away team" rule was already described in Organisation Week announcement (page 7 of this thread)

Have fun, may the best team win! :)
Rigor

Post by Rigor »

Clong man and gang ready to debut on 5th of dec (sunday) 7 pm gmt+1 timezone. is team S.p.a.m. up to the task?

i have my 6 players, Faello:

myself
Just_end_turn
The Black Sword
Aisikle
Merlin 74
IPS
Lobezno
CookieBite

under the special circumstances that i havent had enough time to receive a response from everybody ive pm'ed and never knew half of the players id say this is quite a success.
neki

Post by neki »

I really think this map should have been proposed before the tournament start, not during. Most of the people are not familiar with this map, why should we give an advantage to the 6 people that know it and agree with it ? Just think about it! I will refuse any match-ups on this map since according to the rules, the map is not in this tournament.