New Forest of Fear map

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Aisikle

New Forest of Fear map

Post by Aisikle »

Hello, everyone!

Some months ago, I mentioned that I missed the old version of the default map, "Forest of Fear". I didn't like how small the new version was and wished to find the original.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't locate the map and eventually decided to make my own version of it. This map ("WolfyX's_Forest_of_Fear") is huge. It's very unlike the default maps, but my friend and I tested it and enjoyed how it played. I enjoyed creating it so much that I'm happy to fix any issues with balance, etc. and would love to continue to make more maps in the future.

For player balancing issues, I had to change the players from 5 to 7.

Everyone is free to download this map and start playing it. I would really appreciate feedback and comments from you all.

Cheers! WolfyX.
Attachments
's_Forest_of_Fear.zip
(3.09 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
batoonike

Re: New Forest of Fear map

Post by batoonike »

7 players is awfully lot. If you play ffa you'd be waiting 6/7 of the time. Thats why 5 players is perfect: considering that 90% of time one player is either complete newbie or leaves you have 4 players so 25% is for your turns. In team games you can see your teammates moving and stuff but in FFA its not even that.

Congratz for making a FFA map, though!
Aisikle

Re: New Forest of Fear map

Post by Aisikle »

Hmmm... I suppose that is quite an oversight, Especially in huge maps with plenty of villages. Well in any case, I've made a newer, smaller map that is 3v3. It plays quite fast when resources aren't abundant. I'll be posting it soon.