Undead Empire - Version 1.0.2 released!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: Undead Empire - Now On 1.8.x!

Post by jb »

Mica: I gave it a try yesterday, and it seems to be in good order. Nice work.

Though I would suggest changing the name Extreme to something else, since SX has cornered the market on that word.

Also, I didn't notice any delay with the farming. It worked fine for me. You must plant farms on dirt iirc, else the first turn of farming is spent changing the terrain to dirt.

The only bug I noticed was the ability of newly plagued zombies to instantly work. Not a huge deal and I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Nice job allowing DS leaders to both change research and use diplomacy in the same turn.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
Mica

Re: Undead Empire - Now On 1.8.x!

Post by Mica »

I actually am thinking of removing the movement points to 0 for changing research because of that. Maybe they want to move and recruit... I dunno.

And I at least want to change the dirt image, 'cause it starts with a really ugly overlay crop dirt, if you know what I'm referring to.

Hm, newly plagued zombies working. I don't know how I'd change that, and I agree it's not much to worry about.

[Edit]

I guess there could be some kind of event, like attack.. and check if it creates a new zombie. I don't know, I'll think about whether or not I want to change this for 1.9.x.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Mica

Re: Undead Empire - Version 1.0.1 released!

Post by Mica »

Undead Empire - Version 1.0.1 released!

New feature:
Spoiler:

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
FAAB
Inactive Developer

Post by FAAB »

Mica wrote:This is currently UNTESTED so let me know if it doesn't work!! Submitted by FAAB! Thank you FAAB!
:annoyed:
Well, you haven't tested it. But I did naturally. So it works.
Still if you find any unexpected behavior, let us know.
Mica

Post by Mica »

Undead Empire 1.0.2 has been released! No changes were made by me, I'd like to give a wonderful around of applause for FAAB and jb for their contributions.

Changes:
Spoiler:

JW

Re: Undead Empire - Version 1.0.2 released!

Post by JW »

Neat. May have to try this out again.
fenny

Post by fenny »

Yesterday night i played Undead Empire with three other people on normal difficulty. One player had to go to sleep after some time, so i played his part to, and we finished with three players killing the dragon on the very last turn (turn 33, red player).
I think it's nicely balanced on normal now: with more than one or two players you don't play every move in the optimal way, some players study the same diplomacy when it would be nice to have more different units etc., but it was beatable despite that and very exciting at the end. The last four or five turns, i thought we couldn't make it - but we managed to kill the dragon just in time.
Thank you to all the developers !
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I've updated this add-on to 1.10 but not really done any rebalancing.

If anyone spots any bugs post them here and I'll try to get around to them sometime.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Velensk wrote:I've updated this add-on to 1.10 but not really done any rebalancing.

If anyone spots any bugs post them here and I'll try to get around to them sometime.
This add on image is missing for me in add on server. I guess is because you are using a custom image (so it is visible for you or any having add on already downloaded). If your image is based on mainline images, you may want use imagepathfunction to solve it.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
Wintermute
Inactive Developer

Post by Wintermute »

I played through a few turns on 1.11.11.

Most things seem to be working as far as I could tell. I noticed a few things:

I got 6 WML warnings to start regarding Deserthome, Foresthome, Mountainhome, Waterhome, Heal +3 and Inspire becoming depreciated in 1.12.
Several images are not missing. Those that I noticed: Skeleton (when selecting from the research menu), and for workers: plant farm and flood the fields have no image (the rest show the tile they will become).

Looks playable from the early game though, I'm looking forward to giving it a real go sometime!
"I just started playing this game a few days ago, and I already see some balance issues."
aquileia
Inactive Developer

Post by aquileia »

Just a tiny error report:

Code: Select all

error addons-client: add-on 'Undead_Empire' has an icon which cannot be found: 'uunits/undead/soulless-attack-s.png'
For this reason, the icon currently isn't displayed in the addon manager.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Made a quick fix for add-on image and farm image.

Couldn't figure out what was wrong with the skeleton though.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I'm running 1.11.15 .. just installed this from Add Ons. In coming here it seems that it's a multiplayer addon but the type it's currently listed as in addons is "Campaign". I thought it had some sort of bug that it wasn't showing up in campaigns but I think it's just being mis-classified.
Lucker

Post by Lucker »

We beated undead empire hard (add-on list says it is version 1.0.1) on turn 28/30.
I tried to look at the old replays in this thread earlier with wesnoth 1.10.7, but couldn't open them.
So, attached is the replay.
Attachments
Undead_Empire_Hard_replay_-_Win.gz
(118.73 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

I could not select Skeleton for unlock.
It was available only when the research finished for first time, was missing its unit picture so i picked Skeleton Archer instead. Never appeared again.