Playstation 2

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tonepoet

Re: Playstation 2

Post by Tonepoet »

Well, to be fair, I often hear that the PS3 "stole" a lot of exclusives from the 360, most famously FF XIII was supposed to be. Somehow that ended up not being the case though as Gambit would tell ya he absolutely loves it on his PS3. So that list probably was accurate at a time. That they aren't anymore is most likely a result of an outdated source: It's an innocent mistake anybody could make.

Also I'm not so sure Zerovirus. I'd buy some systems just for that one game if I wasn't able to play that game on another platform I already owned. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness is actually the reason I bought a PS2 myself before the Handheld ports came along. Knights into Dreams and Magical Pop'n also come to mind as games I would buy a system for since I can't play them elsewhere. This might include a specific version of a game if it's particularly noteworthy for some reason or another.

I still stand by what I said about Halo 1 until somebody tells me why I should prefer the xBox version to the PC version. It's not like the Pentium III is some super chip anymore or anythin'. I men heck, they sell Pentium IVs at the local goodwill.... At a bit of a premium granted but still.

Speaking of Gambit, who trapped his soul into a outworld style robotic ninja shell? (Looks at Gambot...)
Htonsew Rof Elttab Eht is just too cool for school. I've got no words to describe it. Have any of you guys tried it? ;-)
Moribund

Post by Moribund »

What. FF has been a Sony exclusive for years. Xbox stole it away, though that isn't much as FFXIII is pretty much universally hated by gamers. Xbox has been trying to steal away games such as Tekken, but it's never as good as 1. the version is inferior as in the case of FF13 as the XBox just doesn't have the graphical capability of the PS3, not to mention XBox FF13 is on several discs instead of one. 2. In the case of Tekken (and all multi platform fighters), all the really skilled players will be on PS3, where the series started.
JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

Moribund wrote:What. FF has been a Sony exclusive for years. Xbox stole it away,
Yep, and Sony stole it away from Nintendo... XD

Dude, who would put Banjo Kazooie on the Xbox list?
You were meant to be listing Xbox EXCLUSIVES, not things from other systems ported to Xbox, Banjo Kazooie was original for N64.
Also, will you stop with trying to convince me Halo is awesome... I'VE PLAYED IT! and I still much prefer CoD, and TF2

Personally I prefer games for the PC if there is a version available, usually improved graphics and you can mod them.

Also something I like about the PS2 is that it can play original PS games, my old PS barely works anymore so it'd be a good choice in my opinion.
Also, the average price for a used PS2 is like $50 compared to the Xbox 360 which is more than double that...
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Tonepoet wrote:Speaking of Gambit, who trapped his soul into a outworld style robotic ninja shell? (Looks at Gambot...)
That's actually a robot of mine that browses the board (this one and frogatto's), logs new posts, and notifies people on IRC when there are new posts in forums they subscribe to.
That's right! We're always watching you.

And yeah I don't love FF13. I haven't even had motivation to finish it. I made it to the open ended part, but it's like a swimming pool full of jello. Yes it's jello, and yes it's big and there's a lot of it, but it's all one flavor. I would honestly rather they remade FF12 with better graphics or something.

The decision to make the game cross-platform meant sacrificing huge amounts of goodness to cram into onto multiple DVDs.
JackBarber

Post by JackBarber »

Gambit wrote:And yeah I don't love FF13. I haven't even had motivation to finish it. I made it to the open ended part, but it's like a swimming pool full of jello. Yes it's jello, and yes it's big and there's a lot of it, but it's all one flavor. I would honestly rather they remade FF12 with better graphics or something.
Oh, how true it is that they should remake games...
Although maybe some from the original PlayStation, such as Legend of Dragon, Megaman Legends, and such...
I'm not saying they shouldn't do some PS2 games though, it's just that they both had good games but PlayStation re-makes would seem much more improved.

Speaking of which... anyone know if Xenogears is good?
I've heard it is but wanted some more opinions.
"Do YOU know the muffin man?"
."Don't wake me if I'm dreaming."
.."Even words can drive a man to madness."