Campaign: Rhugastan's Bridge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

terakay273

Campaign: Rhugastan's Bridge

Post by terakay273 »

As you know, I recently published a campaign by the name of The Shadow of the Moon. When I first came up with the title, the storyline was still a bit unplanned. But now, as I've planned out many of the finer details, I've decided that the name Rhugastan's Bridge will work much better (and The Shadow of the Moon does sound a bit like a Majora's Mask ripoff). Of course, I'm not going to spoil the story and tell you what's on the other side of Rhugastan's Bridge, but ite is definitely a much larger element in the story than some of you might think.

And again, I am by no means a programmer. I have learned WML for the purpose of telling a tale through a Battle for Wesnoth campaign. Because I am writer, I am not focusing so much on insanely complex scenarios, beautiful art, and amazing maps. Instead I am centering on a compelling storyline, likable characters, and rich dialogue.

Thank you to everyone who plays my campaign. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support, and the joy it gives me to see people around the world experiencing my work.
Rhugastan's Bridge campaign
8 scenarios of 20 completed
Kymille

Re: Campaign: Rhugastan's Bridge

Post by Kymille »

I like the name. Am looking forward to seeing more.
terakay273

Post by terakay273 »

I've resumed work on my campaign (yay!) and hopefully will continue at a steady pace. However, since I have a busy year ahead of me, I can't guarantee this. But as long as I keep working, bit by bit, I should eventually finish. As some of you may have noticed my unit sprites suck. I am a terrible artist, especially when it comes to GIMP pixel art. And so, if anyone would like to help with the unit art (or maybe portrait art... please?) I'd gladly welcome it. Again, I look forward to sharing my story with all of you.
terakay273

Post by terakay273 »

I updated it with a new release without bugs. If you find any, however, please post them here. Also, any comments on balance, scenario design, or writing. Again, I'm a writer, so this campaign is heavily story-based. Any suggestions would be awesome.
terakay273

Post by terakay273 »

I just finished releasing scenario 8: Beyond the Blasphemous Gate. I checked for bugs, but it still may be a bit unbalanced. Please post suggestions here.
terakay273

Post by terakay273 »

I've decided that I'd put up the whole storyline on this thread so people can read it, give suggestions for scenarios, etc. And don't just read it to spoil the ending; trust me, it'll be much better if you play through the actual campaign. So here goes:
Spoiler:
So there you have it. That's my campaign. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, and I'm willing to accept any help you all have to offer.
terakay273

Post by terakay273 »

Is anyone going to comment on my campaign? I could really use feedback!
Feufochmar

Post by Feufochmar »

I've played your campaign and I have the following remarks :
- In the first scenario, who is supposed to get the holy water ?
- There's no gold carry over between the first and the second scenario, so a solution to avoid loosing the gold is to mass recruit horsemen for the following scenarios (recruiting a horseman costs 23 gold, recalling him only 20).
- There's an error with the attacks of Yenra (apprentice archer line) : in term of range, she has no melee attacks, a ranged attack (sword, type melee) and a pierce attack (bow, type blade). I think you wanted to have : (sword melee-blade) and (bow ranged-pierce) not (sword ranged-melee) and (bow pierce-blade)
- In the scenario in the Wesmere forest, I saved the triton before finding the other mermen. You should change a little the dialog in this case (or there are other mermen to save ?).
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Feufochmar wrote:- In the first scenario, who is supposed to get the holy water ?
This happens because the player is on side 2 and the mainline OBJ_POTION_HOLY has a filter to allow it being taken only by side 1 units. There are two fixes available:
- switch the player to side 1, like it's done in almost all campaigns
- use a custom macro for the holy water without that filter.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
terakay273

Post by terakay273 »

Yes, the reason the player is Side 2 in the first scenario is because the leader is changed from then on, and it was the only fix I could find. The holy water, however, was added before I made this switch; I forgot to change it. I will try to change this in the next release.
Bigarius

Post by Bigarius »

Hi terakay. I just started your campaing and i got a problem. At the scenario Orc and lich, i killed every leader but the chapter don't want to end. It's piss me off because i got a lot of good units but i can't continue..
moony

Post by moony »

Its the same with me. I finished the Orc and lich scenario, an can't continue. I reached the north(where the capital is) nothing happend. I kiled every leader- nothing happened. i went back to my castle- nothing happened. Please say, how I can continue.
Unsere Taten bestimmen wer wir sind, nicht unsere Worte.