where do you rate yourself as a Wesnoth player?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

hhyloc
Translator

Re: where do you rate yourself as a Wesnoth player?

Post by hhyloc »

Maybe 3. But I rarely play MP...so I'm not sure. :|
R.I.P
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

I choose d: haven't played multiplayer since 1.0
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

wow, somebody likes the things I post :shock:

I'd also put myself at 3 - bad -because I have never played MP online due to various reasons. I can now comfortalby trounce 2 computer oponents at a time, but I agree that, that counts for nothing. You can only really measure yourself against other players.

In hotseat games I generally win unless I have gone in for one of those major suicide rush things so my younger brother can win in an every man for himself game. People don't like to play hotseat against me becasue I tend to use "advanced tactics" and "social engineering" such as choke-holds to manipulate the unoficial diplomacy and distract my oponents. Well, if you are taking competative gaming seriously, you have to be able to give a good game regardless of what's going on around you :hmm: I'm actually helping them play better.

My flatmate looks like a guy from a reality tv show where people who don't loose weight fast enough are fed to cannibals... he'd be the cannibal. He really stomps me at chess, so I thought I'd introduce him to Wesnoth... well: he had some minor difficulties ajusting to the game; as in he died during the tutorial and gave up because he couldn't get much further (!) But when my brother and I were playing hotseat he joined us for a game. He could not take that although I was fighting against my brother we would temporarily gang up on him, and some other aspects of extra-game diplomacy and social engineering, so he died, but then he played against my brother alone (I was asked please not to interfere) and beat him. My brother's not the best Wesnoth player out, but he's played several games, beaten me a few times and finished a number of campaigns, he was beaten by a guy who'd played one other game and failed the tutorial.

-the point is you really never know how good you are until you play against a really irritating and over-confident oponent.
-dog day human.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
Reepurr

Post by Reepurr »

I am...er...uh...

:?

I don't usually play multiplayer, but I have completed Liberty and gotten through to scenario 4 of DiD in the past, so does that make me 5?
"What do you mean, "a dwarvish dragonguard with marksman is overpowered"?"

Story of a Drake Outcast | The Nonsense Era
Played HttT-Underground Channels? Thought it was rubbish? Help us develop it here!
Telaron

Post by Telaron »

I'm going to say I'm a 6. I don't play multiplayer often, but when I do, I usually win and lose about fifty-fifty.
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...
Dunno

Post by Dunno »

6, only if I have someone from 6 to 10 in my team (I almost always play 2v2). In 1v1 it goes down to 4
Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

I rate myself a guy who finished AToTB fairly (on Easy) but finished the others cheating (debugging)
And a guy who can slaughter noobs but is beaten by some elite veterans (cheaters I described them as).

Lastly an average.....
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Lots of 5's and 6's....

And I'm going with them. Probably 6. I can beat most noobs without seriously thinking, but experienced players....eh.. :P
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Back in 2007, I'd have rated myself a 7 or 8. Now, I'm prolly 5.5...
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

After playing against people like Cookie and Crushmaster in the 1.8 MP server, I decided to reduce my rating to 5.2.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
johndh

Post by johndh »

I do pretty well in single player, having beaten a few campaigns on hard (AToTB, TSG, AOI) and most of the rest on medium. I'm not all that used to multiplayer, but I still win a fair number. I'd give myself a 7 for SP and 5 for MP.
It's spelled "definitely", not "definately". "Defiantly" is a different word entirely.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Depending on my mood I range between a 7 and a 9.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
IPS

Post by IPS »

I see a lot of 3, 5 and 6 hehehe.

Only Velensk and me reach the 9 sometimes =(
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
CookieBite

Post by CookieBite »

shadowmaster wrote:After playing against people like Cookie and Crushmaster in the 1.8 MP server, I decided to reduce my rating to 5.2.
awww shadowmaster you arent that bad!
blame the losing to gambit :D

otherwise i would rate myself somewhere from 7-9 as well, depending what i feel like and who I am against ( eg. like friends etc.) Sometimes my losses depend on other influences like misclicks and team-mates >.>

OH by the way IPS, i would like to see you play properly instead of being afk last time :)

And there are more of people like Velensk, but you have to know the right people on wesnoth to realise which ones they are or be constantly playing in the game :eng:
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

CookieBite wrote: blame the losing to gambit :D
Hey, I made it all the way to your castle, and I was the second to die. :)
But uh... yeah... 2 or 3.