Wesnoth 1.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Leid

Re: Wesnoth 1.9.0

Post by Leid »

I was playing 1.9 with IPS, Killcycle, Velensk and MysticX_the_Unknown at "Terra-dwelve" map, default era, when I had a strange bug.

I cannot read the messages if I don't look at the chat log. Some screenshots:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
I use a Windows Vista Home Premium.

EDIT: I closed wesnoth and re-entered, and I saw all the messages of the other players :D
The creator of "City Defense", a 2P survival on the add-ons list.

Visite my Art Gallery!
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=30931
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

shadowmaster wrote:At this particular time (since we don't have a formal maintainer for DW yet) it may be a better idea to post FRs for Dead Water in the main development thread instead of release announcements or the Feedback forum threads, so they aren't forgotten.
Correction, Gambit's the new maintainer (since today). You can choose to post feature requests in the DW development thread (recommended), or in the Gna.org bugtracker, although we really prefer forum discussion of those over filing issues at Gna.org that may be later marked as "duplicate" or "won't fix", potentially wasting the time of someone who decided to register an account there for the first time.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
tyler

Post by tyler »

Wow.

You guys are doing an amazing job!

The white-board feature and the Eclipse plug-in is what I'm looking forward to! Personally, I don't use Eclipse myself (Geany fan here) but I'm sure the plug-in would better allow WML developers to create their content and that makes me happy. The white-board feature is ambitious to say the least but it would be amazing! The day I use it will be the best day of my life! Well, maybe that's over exaggerating a little bit but still....

I guess I should download 1.9.0 and contribute some bug reports.

Good job devs!
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

important note:
The wesnoth_addon_manager doesn't work on windows XP (and other windows versions, probably). It seems to only work for text files such as .cfg and .lua, but .png gets corrupted.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
EvilEarl
Location: It's not like you will ever find me, so I won't take the effort to remember where I am.

Post by EvilEarl »

1.9.0 isn't showing up on the Ubunutu repositories (I have both the binary and sources repositories and the stable release is showing, so I know it's not on my end). Is this just a delay with the packagers?
Current Project:
Insane Hermit
That second campaign will probably become a book instead, or a movie or a game or something. Sorry guys.
RSF7

Post by RSF7 »

HaJo wrote:On Win2000 (with SP4), the program does not start, gives a message like
"Entrypoint freeaddrinfo not found in dll WS2_32.DLL".

Wesnoth 1.8.4 on the same machine still runs ok.
shadowmaster wrote:From what I gather, it seems that it's caused by our Boost copy being compiled for a later version of Windows. Loonycyborg uses Windows XP IIRC, but maybe he could try to figure out a fix anyway...
penguin wrote:
shadowmaster wrote:From what I gather, it seems that it's caused by our Boost copy being compiled for a later version of Windows. Loonycyborg uses Windows XP IIRC, but maybe he could try to figure out a fix anyway...
Someone else reported the same thing in Frogatto, there's some info about how to fix it here. Maybe you're right that Boost needs to be recompiled though.
loonycyborg wrote:
HaJo wrote:On Win2000 (with SP4), the program does not start, gives a message like
"Entrypoint freeaddrinfo not found in dll WS2_32.DLL".
I've made a small change to build process that has a chance to fix this so try again with next 1.9 release.
shadowmaster wrote:I confirm that loonycyborg's fix solves the problem on Windows 2000, using a trunk snapshot.
I have the same problem on my old win2k box, I researched it briefly and decided not to mess with it because of complication. When you say you made a change to fix it, do you mean it should work with the 1.9.0 release or the next 1.9.x to come along? I'm still seeing the problem if the former is the case. I guess I will go back to the previous version of wesnoth for the meantime, unless someone is technically adept enough to explain to me how to include the two *.h files with relative ease or make a patch file?

freeaddrinfo Function (Windows) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

RSF7 wrote:When you say you made a change to fix it, do you mean it should work with the 1.9.0 release or the next 1.9.x to come along? I'm still seeing the problem if the former is the case.
The bug is fixed in the development trunk on the SVN repository, which means it'll also be in future 1.9.x releases. I couldn't convince loonycyborg to package a little replacement wesnoth.exe to serve as a "1.9.0a" of sorts. :P

In all cases, assume that bug fixes do not apply to already released version unless a patch version like "1.6.0a" or "1.6.2b" (note the last character in them) is published.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
RSF7

Post by RSF7 »

shadowmaster wrote:
RSF7 wrote:When you say you made a change to fix it, do you mean it should work with the 1.9.0 release or the next 1.9.x to come along? I'm still seeing the problem if the former is the case.
The bug is fixed in the development trunk on the SVN repository, which means it'll also be in future 1.9.x releases. I couldn't convince loonycyborg to package a little replacement wesnoth.exe to serve as a "1.9.0a" of sorts. :P

In all cases, assume that bug fixes do not apply to already released version unless a patch version like "1.6.0a" or "1.6.2b" (note the last character in them) is published.
Ah okay, thanks for all your hard work you guys, great game.
IPS

Post by IPS »

I have found a new bug and not very important bug, look this!
Spoiler:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

if you are referring to the halo not adjusting to the unit's position, the has already been fixed.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
hhyloc
Translator

Post by hhyloc »

It's hard to tell what is he talking about, but I think he is talking about the white part in the lower right conner. :hmm:
R.I.P
IPS

Post by IPS »

hhyloc, you are right =)
Last edited by Iris on September 14th, 2010, 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: colors...colors...COLORS! you know better than that
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
Gomisan

Post by Gomisan »

Something that cropped up today.

Tried v1.9.1 and the menu screen and all dialogues have the text displaying as squares/boxes. Like it's missing a font file or something, or using an incorrect one.

Loaded up 1.8 and what WAS working yesterday, now has menu buttons OK, but all other text on the main menu displaying as squares/boxes.

Did the 1.9.1 installer for Windows add a bad font perhaps?
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

For font problems on Windows often restarting Windows helps.