Wesnoth 1.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alink
Inactive Developer

Re: Wesnoth 1.9.0

Post by Alink »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Yea it repeats in the same frame.
The lower left windmill seems also cut and at another frame. Could you confirm that the cut is along the hex grid? (easy to see with cursor or the show grid option).
penguin
macOS Packager

Post by penguin »

shadowmaster wrote:From what I gather, it seems that it's caused by our Boost copy being compiled for a later version of Windows. Loonycyborg uses Windows XP IIRC, but maybe he could try to figure out a fix anyway...
Someone else reported the same thing in Frogatto, there's some info about how to fix it here. Maybe you're right that Boost needs to be recompiled though.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Scenario 12 "Revenge" of "Dead Waters" doesn't work, it cannot find it or something.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Scenario 12 "Revenge" of "Dead Waters" doesn't work, it cannot find it or something.
Fixed.
StevenAus

Post by StevenAus »

StevenAus wrote:Will it be possible in the 1.9 series of Wesnoth to set a custom cost for recalling troops, based on characteristics of that troop? Such as unit type, Current XP, Max XP, specific Traits, special attacks (such as Moremirmu in HttT, 1.9 hidden attacks) etc.? This would be great for to-ing and fro-ing of wins and losses of interconnected multiplayer campaigns :) as well as extra options for SP campaign map-makers to add that neat touch to their campaigns. :wink:

Will this sort of thing be possible, either directly as an option or through custom WML? :D
Anonymissimus wrote:Try (untested)
:debug
:lua wesnoth.game_config.recall_cost = 10
to set recall cost to 10. No easy type-specificness etc though. Strategy could be a prerecall event with a lua code checking for the stuff which the cost shall depend on and then use the above command accordingly. It may be that the gold is already subtracted at that point though. So maybe it's no better than Wrathbow's suggestion.
Could a custom recall cost based on characteristics, be an option in 1.9 versions? :) I could see a number of unique uses of it especially in MP interconnected campaigns and custom SP campaigns, when you want to do more than just have a higher upkeep cost for a higher level unit. And in interconnected MP campaigns, every side is likely to have very powerful units to recall, so it would be nifty if you could set recall cost based on a particular unit's characteristics. :)

What do you think?

Best regards,
Steven.
My Life Purpose Is To Teach The World To Fish For Life. I AM Steven Russell Lynch Abundance That I AM. Empowerment Is My Name And Fostering Self-Responsibility Is My Game.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Looks like we was right about the windmill.

Anyway it would be nice if one could choose what animations to turn off.

Water indeed eats up the processor lol.
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

I, unfortunately, have to agree with that one. playing Dead Water I was left with no option but to turn off the animated terrains, things were running so slow. Which is a shame, cos they're gorgeous.

Oh, what I wouldn't do for graphics acceleration...
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
SpoOkyMagician

Post by SpoOkyMagician »

Okay, I so finally downloaded and tested (I wasn't aware it come out yet.) basic functionality of BFW 1.9 and something made me go... HUH?

The previous/next buttons on the main menu (the part that displays random information/strategy/etc.) doesn't actually work like they used to... (it goes straight to "The End" menu and the credits scroll though...) It should show the random messages like it always does but, it's not.

edit: nevermind, its already been reported and fixed. https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?16478

edit: as for the game itself, I like it. The new terrains are pretty neat. (Sadly they lag the game a bit. Yea I know, I can turn them off. But, its okay.) Good stuff thusfar. Keep up the great work! :D (I will test more tomorrow as well. I need to go for now.)
"You don't have to understand me, I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
Creator of: Unwelcome Guests Series, Modifiable Android Project, SpoOky's Survivals, and many more... (Most of my old stuff is gone.)
(User Page)
ivanovic
Lord of Translations

Post by ivanovic »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:A minor animation bug in windmills.

Hmm, this might be a case of the hex invalidation not working correctly because the windmill is too big or something like this. Would probably be best if boucman had a look at this.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

Some comments on animation:

The relative speed of some animations is wildly different. A drake wingflaps for example are many times slower than the new saurian walk-cycle. Unlike most animations the saurian walk-cycle is an indistinguishable blur unless the speed is turned to less than "1". Intuitively and realistically flapping should be faster.

I've noticed some drakes face south to attack north (specifically the breath attack). In the absence of a N facing animation surely leaving the SW/SW facing is a less wrong solution?
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

When we made the anims for the Drakes, we considered the south breath attacks a better solution than noting at all. It's a matter of opinion I guess.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
loonycyborg
Windows Packager

Post by loonycyborg »

HaJo wrote:On Win2000 (with SP4), the program does not start, gives a message like
"Entrypoint freeaddrinfo not found in dll WS2_32.DLL".
I've made a small change to build process that has a chance to fix this so try again with next 1.9 release.
"meh." - zookeeper
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I confirm that loonycyborg's fix solves the problem on Windows 2000, using a trunk snapshot.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

the windmill bug is indeed not caused by lag, it's an animation engine problem...
however I thought we had solved that...
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
Dixie

Post by Dixie »

It's not overly disturbing to me, but I get some weird blurs streaks on screen at game startup. Plus, I never have the golden-hex-highlighter (except in the editor). I usually have nothing, or maybe once in 3-5 times I get a really annoying "work in progress" image (you know, the yellow hex with a peasant shoveling on it). I am on Mac OS X 10.4.11. Should I report this on gna?
what my console says:
Also, here's a screen shot:
Spoiler:
Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny - Frank Zappa
Current projects: Internet meme Era, The Settlers of Wesnoth