Wesnoth 1.9.0

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Wesnoth 1.9.0

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Found Two Bloody Bugs:
1. Whenever a lvl 3 unit advances (AMLA) the game crashes
2. When I click the next button in the help box, on the main menu, the game crashes
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

did you post at bugs.wesnoth.org ?
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
brisingrbolt

Post by brisingrbolt »

Woohoo! This looks like the best version of Wesnoth yet! Downloading now. :D
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Best in terms of features, perhaps, but remember it is a development release, so bugs abound.
gabba
Inactive Developer

Post by gabba »

For feedback on the Planning System/Whiteboard (not bugs, those should be reported on bugs.wesnoth.org), head over to this thread.
Eleazar
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by Eleazar »

norbert wrote:
Captain_Wrathbow wrote:[...] the amount of terrains that were in 1.8 to those in 1.9?
It depends on what exactly you mean, but if we keep it simple and just count the number of terrains in 'all' for 1.8.4 and for 1.9.0, the difference is 37.
There are also a lot of new special transitions (chasm to castle, dry to mountains, grass to different things) so that there's often more visual variety on a map with the same number of terrains.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
-> What i might be working on
Attempting Lucidity
PapaSmurfReloaded

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

Congratulations on the graphics Ele, they are absolutely gorgeous, by the way would it be possible to add a lit tile without the rays of light? It would be really useful in some instances.

On a less positive note, is it just me or the transition between water and this forested hilll terrain look sort of odd?

Last edited by PapaSmurfReloaded on August 24th, 2010, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
IPS

Post by IPS »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Congratulations on the graphics Ele, they are absolutely gorgeous, by the way would it be possible to add a lit tile without the rays of light? It would be really useful in some instances.

On a less positive note, is it just me or the transition between water and this forested hilll terrain look sort of odd?

By the way, I get this:

When I try to upload and add-on, or when I try to join the MP Server, was anything changed that I have to update that makes 1.8 add-ons imcompatible with 1.9?

I remember getting an error that said something about movement.

I got the same Error before PapaSmurfReloaded. And you for a reasson you can't connect to an alternative server because a WML error.

I have posted 2 immages when I did post for first time.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
PapaSmurfReloaded

Oh wait lol, it's a know issue <.<

Remember, reading the first page first is a good idea.
Eleazar

Post by Eleazar »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:Congratulations on the graphics Ele, they are absolutely gorgeous, by the way would it be possible to add a lit tile without the rays of light? It would be really useful in some instances.
Time of Day areas are now visible if you have the "local time of day light" turned on. That means in your scenario you can set a hex to always be day, and it will not receive the color-shifting that night, dusk and dawn get. This should be more attractive than the overlay method.
PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:On a less positive note, is it just me or the transition between water and this forested hilll terrain look sort of odd?
Hills and mountains to water is still due for some kind of overhaul.
Feel free to PM me if you start a new terrain oriented thread. It's easy for me to miss them among all the other art threads.
Attempting Lucidity
PapaSmurfReloaded

A minor animation bug in windmills.

Eleazar

Post by Eleazar »

PapaSmurfReloaded wrote:A minor animation bug in windmills.
Do you see that all the time?
None of the images have that glitch, so i assume what you see is the result of your computer not quite keeping up with the all the animating terrains
Attempting Lucidity
PapaSmurfReloaded

Yea it repeats in the same frame.

I don't think so because in first place the computer good, in second the only animations in that map are the windmills.

Also, Saurian flankers seem to have a missing frame when they attack SE or SW in melee, noticed it in Dead Water level 4.
HaJo
Inactive Developer

Post by HaJo »

On Win2000 (with SP4), the program does not start, gives a message like
"Entrypoint freeaddrinfo not found in dll WS2_32.DLL".

Wesnoth 1.8.4 on the same machine still runs ok.
-HaJo
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

From what I gather, it seems that it's caused by our Boost copy being compiled for a later version of Windows. Loonycyborg uses Windows XP IIRC, but maybe he could try to figure out a fix anyway...
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.