Ageless Era - Current Version: 4.33

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

monochromatic

Re: Ageless Era - Released Version 4.3

Post by monochromatic »

mnewton1 wrote:Well isn't this off-topic? If you want to have a debate about it, make a new thread somewhere else, but please stay on topic. Anyway, I will not change the Legionnaire's attack to pierce, unless you can come up with a good reason on how it would improve the balance.

Now, back on topic:
Ageless Era will be put on the 1.9 add-on server today. I am fixing all the bugs now and will have it up later. I will also update on the 1.8 add-on server.
Good idea. Could a mod please split off the last couple replies on this subject off onto another thread? Thanks.
@mnewton1 I'm sorry about the OT debate. I hope that fixes it. :)
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

There's no real need for a split. Just stay on topic.
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
JoniJnm

Post by JoniJnm »

RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

Well done for the ageless in the 1.9x
IPS

Post by IPS »

IPS wrote:Some unpowered units

Arawaight spearmen deals 10-2 first strike, with 38 hp and without ressistances and costs 15. It's inferior than the loyalist spearman and costs more. I think that is not just.

Arawaight Eagle Rider costs 23 to have the same hp, inferior atack (11-2 only in atack and 6-3 blade), it moves only 7 squares instead the 8 from the gryphon rider from the Knalgan Aliance. I think the eagle rider should cost 22 :/
Sorry for the meta post, but this wasn't declared at all.

Balancing in ageless era should it more popular in the rooms, but many players does not play this in 1vs1 games and they told me the reasson is so low balancing in the era.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

The ageless era isn't meant to be balanced and therefore it needn't. If you want to play a balanced game, go to the suitable topics, convince their developers to your opionion and then either play the suitable era or ask mnewton to update his era. Not to forget, the eras are different in power comparing to the default so you can't balance with the default era, you need to balance with a fitting unit of the fitting era. And honestly, do you really care about <+/-5% in costs?
MattDakka

Post by MattDakka »

On the former page I suggested to change the Legionnaire melee attack to Pierce, but this was rejected for balance reasons.
Now I read that the balance is not important in Ageless Era.
So, is it important or not?
Favourite Eras: Ageless Era; Eastern Europe at War.
Favourite MP Map: Creep War.
fog_of_gold

Post by fog_of_gold »

balance>realism, right, but the ageless era isn't meant to change something. Better go to the suitable era's topic.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

MattDakka wrote:On the former page I suggested to change the Legionnaire melee attack to Pierce, but this was rejected for balance reasons.
Now I read that the balance is not important in Ageless Era.
So, is it important or not?
Balance is not important within Ageless, but it is with the Imperial. You can't just change things.
Puppy_Luv

Post by Puppy_Luv »

the lightshifter from the "steelhive" era does not work correctly (in other words, at all) in your era. this is one of my favorite units/factions and i was really upset to see that i could not use it. if it cant be made to work, they should probobly be removed here.

also... when compared to some of the other new factions added... they do not do NEARLY enough damage, even when you take into account there abilitys. they should definately get there damage increased a little bit in order to stay balanced with the others. or, if not, they should have there costs reduced by a few gold each. in fact you may notice that the original steel hive add-on has done this already, not only do most units do slightly more damage, but they all cost about 1 or 2 gold less.

finally (though this may be more of a note for the original creators than for yourself) having the steel amniote start at level 1 and then advance to lvl 2 is rediculous. even though it has massive HP it does not have enough combat power (3-2 impact) to ever be considered a lvl 2 unit. this unit, even though cheap, is just pumping your enemys full of xp. they should start at level 0 and progress to 1 much as the cybercones do.

anyways, i love what you've done with this so far and i'm really enjoying this add on for the most part. i hope to see more factions and balancing in the future, as this has fast become one of my favorite add-ons.
Zerovirus
Art Contributor

Post by Zerovirus »

Hi. I'm the original creator.

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30503

tl;dr: Steelhive sucks in balance, I don't intend on going back and fixing it.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Sorry for not replying to any of you, I just started school and have been really busy. I plan to hopefully get a little work done tomorrow though.

PS: Welcome to the forum Puppy_Luv

EDIT: Also, expect Ageless Era ready by around 1.9.1 not 1.9.0.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
IPS

Post by IPS »

The flame sprite is unpowered, a lv2 with only 27 hp when the lv1 of this units has 24 hp. This lv2 leader can be picked as leader and I picked random and I took this unit as leader!!

Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
RenoOfTurks

Post by RenoOfTurks »

but the attack is extremly strong...the resistence are good i think
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

The resistances are 30% to fire and 0% to the other damage types. Melee attack is pretty weak too - most level 1s have better melee... in fact, even some level 0s have better melee:
* Goblin Spearman: 6-3
* Vampire Bat: 4-2, but drains HP on hit
* Peasant: 5 - 2
* Ruffian: 5-2
* Walking Corpse: 6-2 +plague

Ranged attack SEEMS pretty good because it has 6 hits, but it is not Magical. At least defense is good: 50% or 60% depending on terrain.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...