League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Valinor

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by Valinor »

Thanks for the quick and helpful responses to this unknown voice that keeps asking questions :) , I am still only level 10 so I have a loooonngg way to go before I get into ranked games, but I would call my self about average.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

No worries :). Glad to see you're on the trail; level 30 is very rewarding imo.
Valinor

Post by Valinor »

Is something special going on besides the double IP weekend? For some reason ALL champions are free to play at the moment.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

They took down the store for some maintenance; until it returns all champions are free :)
cretin

Post by cretin »

Man, the new hero Galio is fun to use. His ult is great fun. catching 5 heros with it is awesome if your allies are around. although on several occasions it has killed me.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

ok, got a new question :)

What do I do for Tristana/Twisted Fate (me/my brother, respectively) against Annie's pyromania stun + Tibbers combo? Because basically one of us would get stunned, Tibers summoned on top them, and be dead before the stun even wore off. Mercury Treads didn't seem like a viable option since we were dead before the stun wore off, not to mention retreating. Buying magic resistance also didn't seem like a viable option either because spending the amount of money required to just survive an attack and then retreat to go heal would have stunted out ability to deal damage.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

It depends on the individual game. Mercury treads is ABSOLUTELY the best single thing you could do against that. I don't understand why you thought it wouldn't help: it both reduces the duration of the stun significantly (giving her less time to full combo you with RQWQ with several autoattacks in there) and gives you a bit of MR to lower the damage output to hopefully less than a combo.

Annie's peak is late earlygame and midgame. At level 6 she can start dropping people from full to zero and she tries to build up momentum to keep that going and get to lategame first (and pretty much win). You have to give an Annie (especially if she's got a few kills) respect at this time of the game, and simply wait for her Tibbers to be on cooldown in teamfights/laning before you as the squishies fully engage.

Banshee's Veil can be a required item choice, even for carries. At very high Elo this is not the case (Ashe's job is to get an IE by 15 minutes flat, heedless of any other item except perhaps basic boots.), but until then do what works best for you.
cretin

Post by cretin »

you can sometimes tell if annie has a stun saved up, because she will often stop casting spells for a while. Thats generally a sign that she's saving an attack for a stun, more often than not a tibbers if possible.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

When Annie has a stun saved up there is a swirling white graphic around her. Also, if you click on her, the pyromania buff graphic has no counters on it. When it is charging it will say a number 1-4 on it.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

ok, i will keep that in mind. hasn't really been as much of an issue lately though, i've been trying out taric and i gotta say the healing/survival aspect is really fun. the ranged stun is also really fun to spam at melee characters :lol2: . I gotta say though I actually find his ult to be rather less useful than his other spells, but that might just be because i don't notice any difference in my allies while in combat myself.

my current build is along the lines of armor -> magic resist -> health -> armor -> haven't got here yet.

The best moment with taric so far was during a 5v5 when I was getting shot by a tristana...for 28 damage a shot :lol2:

-edit: actually he ends up with a good amount of armor with the aura at +30 so magic resist ends up being much more useful
Peter the Great

Post by Peter the Great »

Me: Well it's time for my occasional return to browse the wesnoth forums. Dumdedumdedum. Off topic. Wait league of legends thread? I've gotta see this. Oooohhhh serious discussion about it! Actual players! I'm going to friend them in game! :D

(my sumonername is PeterTG (Peter The Great)
Latin:LVDVMAMISI (pronounced Loo-dum amee-C)
French: J'ai perdu le jeu.
English: I lost the game.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Friended :).

In other news, eagerly awaiting word back from Riot after my final interviews...
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I like the frost archer--haven't played in a few months, so dunno the name. A group of my friends are quite into it--I think they go by the names Brooklyn Rage, Egyptian Rage, and some others... My tag is Viers when I play.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Thrawn wrote:I think they go by the names Brooklyn Rage, Egyptian Rage, and some others...
reminds me of yu-gi-oh abridged :lol2:
(the name is Ashe btw)

And good luck with the interviews! :D
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Ashe is the quintessential champion for a new player (and still is used by many competitive players). By the numbers she's actually THE most popular champion in the game, bar none. So your'e in good company :)

I'll add you when I get home tonight in an hour and a half! Up for some games?

@Pent: Interviews are done...now I just wait nervously for the decision xD.