1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by SkyOne »

Version 0.7.3 is on the server.

Basically, it is a minor bug-fixed version of 0.7.2.
Snow Fairies were not supposed to be recalled on scenario 18b, some human unit images have been improved, and an unit-name, Sniper, on the part-1 is Mounted Bowman on this edition. I keep the unit-id, so crossing with 0.7.2 won't be a problem.

There was a bug on Drake Lord's ranged animation. It was actually weird for me because I remember to fix it. It happens on Brave Wings also. I probably fixed it on a different file.

Also, I had not tested a bonus scenario, 18b, on HARD difficulty when I uploaded version 0.7.2. It was probably almost impossible to finish. The scenario still needs to be worked slightly, but better now on HARD.
-----------------------------

EDIT on May, 21

Another bug fixed version, 0.7.4, is on the server.
I actually added a code which is possible to make an error in a case on 0.7.3. So fixed it. Some of other minor bugs have been fixed by mich, also. The loyal overlay has been added on the loyal units since this edition. In addition, Fire Dragon on this campaign is loyal unit.
-----------------------------

EDIT on May, 22

WOW! Hungarian translations on this campaign seem ready. Thank you so much.:smile:
We will install them on the next edition. Please, post or PM me. We would like to install the name of the translator in the credit list on the main file.

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
amozartea

Post by amozartea »

Thanks the developer, Fate of a princess is a nice game.
In Scene 2, the canon can shoot far "ranged", but I have found the shooting can be infinite,
one can shoot and shoot until no enemies

But It seems an imbalance weapon (or is it a bug?).
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

It's a bug. My bad. Sorry for that, it will be fixed in the next version, until now, please use it only one time a turn if you want to play the campaign how it was planned. But well, if you like to win in the easiest way fell free to do so :wink:
Thanks for the report.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Version 0.7.5 is on the server.

-fixing the bug for the multi-hex attack that reported above
-installing the Hungarian translations for the entire campaign, Italian translations for the part one, and Japanese translations only for the most of dialogs (not unit names, unit descriptions, etc..)

A few of dialogs are missing the translations because of editing the dialogs on this edition to correct the English grammar.
We really appreciate the Hungarian Translation Team.:smile:
-------------------------------------------------

EDIT: on July, 9

Version 0.7.6 is on the server.

-adjusting the resistances for all part-1 HERO units (blade=60, pierce=100 and the others are the same as Loyalist Dragoon/Cavalryman)
-adjusting the resistance for Mounted Bowman to the same as Loyalist Dragoon
-fixing some minor bugs on some unit files and scenario files
-modifying slightly scenario 5b, 10, 13, and 18b
-installing new Adherent images
-adding an ability (heals +2 & cure) for Caravan unit
-fixing a couple of spelling mistakes on scenario 13
----------------------------------------------

EDIT: on Aug, 7
Version 0.7.7 is on the server.

Changes:
-removing Woodsman from the recruitment list on part-2, then adding Human Bodyguard (level=1) and Human Agent (level=2)
-adding level=4 Ice Fairy on part-2
-raising up the defense slightly for Saurian Guard and Champion
-modifying the scenario/map Hydra Cavern
-reducing Dwarvish Runesmith's ranged attack
-updating most of shadows for unit images (not all yet)
-installing polished up baldres.png by Kraus (thank you! :smile:)
-uniforming the "movetype" for race=fairy (Snow Fairy)
-touching up the movement_costs for Háwclyn unit
-modifying defense slightly for all custom drake units
-changing movement=6-->5 and EP 75-->80 for Sword Drake, and just movement=5 for Battler
-fixing an image bug for Wild Horse (magenta)

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
bolderaft

Post by bolderaft »

I am playing FoaP for the first time on version 0.7.6, and have enjoyed it. Thanks for making a fun campaign.

Right now I'm stuck on the Dragon's Cave. It's not clear how to complete the scenario and I ran out of turns. I had gotten Ameck to the area which looked like the dragon's fortress but he is not home. I explored all the map but never found the dragon.

Do I have to start over the whole scenario and play choosing the upper rune? I tried it but it seems to lead into the same area.

Thanks!
charris

Post by charris »

bolderaft wrote:I am playing FoaP for the first time on version 0.7.6, and have enjoyed it. Thanks for making a fun campaign.

Right now I'm stuck on the Dragon's Cave. It's not clear how to complete the scenario and I ran out of turns. I had gotten Ameck to the area which looked like the dragon's fortress but he is not home. I explored all the map but never found the dragon.

Do I have to start over the whole scenario and play choosing the upper rune? I tried it but it seems to lead into the same area.

Thanks!
Did you kill the mermen?
bolderaft

Post by bolderaft »

Yes, I killed all the mermen (this confession makes me feel guilty somehow :cry: )
charris

Post by charris »

bolderaft wrote:Yes, I killed all the mermen (this confession makes me feel guilty somehow :cry: )
The dragon is away at the funeral, he really liked those guys. :(
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

bolderaft wrote:I am playing FoaP for the first time on version 0.7.6, and have enjoyed it. Thanks for making a fun campaign.
Sure. Thanks for playing.:smile:
bolderaft wrote:Right now I'm stuck on the Dragon's Cave. It's not clear how to complete the scenario and I ran out of turns. I had gotten Ameck to the area which looked like the dragon's fortress but he is not home. I explored all the map but never found the dragon.

Thanks!
Aah, I got why that happened. You chose the lower rune, then went to Dragon's chamber from the behind by using Ameck's teleport after defeated the merman leader, didn't you? I have never imagined in this case. So it is a bug. I only filtered his front yard. It will be fixed on the next edition, but these are the hexes you should be to make Dragon appear on the version 0.7.7. (the same as the version 0.7.6)

Code: Select all

x=20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27
            y=20-27,19-27,20-27,20-26,21-26,20-26,20-27,19-27
bolderaft wrote:
charris wrote:Did you kill the mermen?
Yes, I killed all the mermen (this confession makes me feel guilty somehow )
Haha.. Mermen have been used on the scenario just as a variation of the enemies. I keep this in my mind. (I might create something to replace them later on, or change their team color which looks them more evil. ) But if you select the upper rune, you do not have to kill much the mermen. :smile:

P.S. Thanks, charris

Notice: on my previous post, I forgot to notice that the map has been modified a bit on Dragon Cave on the current version, 0.7.7. In addition, both Háwclyn and Ameck's movements is slightly better on the mountain terrain on the version 0.7.7.
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Well, I was planning to make some changes to that scenario, but unfortunately I haven't still find the time for work seriously on it. The main problem to fix is the impossibility to complete the scenario if one stand on the rune before find the key. But there are others problems as well, and the possibility to go to the dragon room with the drakes is one of this. Other than this, the supposed petrified armageddon drakes aren't stoned. So well, yes it need a revision. Probably it will be in the new version.
bolderaft

Post by bolderaft »

I didn't step on the rune before getting the key. I got the key, then stepped on the lower rune, which led into a small cave with another rune. Later that same cave led to getting the flaming sword (I don't remember how).

I did cross the lava using the drakes, and the princess was able to teleport across the lava. We ended up exploring that entire area but found no dragon.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

bolderaft wrote:I did cross the lava using the drakes, and the princess was able to teleport across the lava. We ended up exploring that entire area but found no dragon.
Wherever your drakes are, the Fire Dragon is not at home until you move Háwclyn or Ameck to the hexes that I posted previously. That is one of the points mich is worried about.

EDIT: the difference between the upper rune and the lower rune currently:
the upper rune; both Háwclyn and Ameck are available to go to Dragon's chamber
the lower rune; only Ameck is available to be there by using her teleport

in the case of stepping on any rune before taking the key;
the same condition as the lower rune and the flame sword is unable to be picked up (well, in fact, it is still possible to pick up the sword technically if players come back to the northeast, but it is not a common way in BfW. :smile: )
mich wrote:the supposed petrified armageddon drakes aren't stoned.
Yeah, if I recall correctly, it has happened since on early 1.6.x when it was [status] stoned=yes [/status]. I should have reported it. Currently, I am out of ideas why it happened.
I can replace it to a statue-scenery by using A-Red's new Armageddon Drake, though.
lukal

Post by lukal »

The cannons multihex attack is only working on one hex
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

lukal wrote:The cannons multihex attack is only working on one hex
It probably caused to my bad English.

You need to right-click an enemy that you would like to attack to use the multi-hex attack. (The cannon equips a regular one hex attack, also.)
There is "control + left-click" that is considered as the right-click on Mac, but it does not work. It has to be the right click. (I had to buy a new mouse to test it when mich installed the code. :smile: )

If it still does not work, please post what version you are using. (both BfW and FoaP)
At least, it works fine on 1.8.0 and 1.8.4.
lukal

Post by lukal »

I meant that it will attack the unit I right click on but not the units around it. The in game description is clear