Legend of Wesmere: Human Alliance

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chak_abhi

Legend of Wesmere: Human Alliance

Post by chak_abhi »

To the development team
I'm using Wesnoth 1.8.1. for nearly 3 months.I have a problem with this particular level.Here the number of enemies is so vast that it is impossible to contain them.Every 4 turns go and new orcs come up,each with starting gold of around 600 which allows them to recruit more than 2 castlefuls of level 2 recruits.The human ally is no good,only holding up the first wave and stupidly succumbing soon due to the habit of attacking by night.Even on medium level I could not save a number of loyals and level 3s.Besides I end up on high negatives,and start "Breaking the siege" with only 100 gold,with which it is almost impossible to get through.Following the forums it seems that quite a few people are having the same problems.
I request that this level be softened a bit.Please limit the number of enemy camps to 5.Otherwise please reduce their starting gold to about 300 so that there is at least some breathing space between the successive waves.In its present state this particular level makes LoW more difficult than "The rise of Wesnoth"(the only hard campaign I have played till now).
Maiklas3000

Re: Legend of Wesmere: Human Alliance

Post by Maiklas3000 »

First of all, you should upgrade to 1.8.3. It don't think it will help this problem, but developers will be more sympathic if you're using the latest stable release.

I assume you read LOW - The Human Alliance and Scenario Review: LoW 14 - Human Alliance. By the way, you should leave feedback in the latter, to make sure it's seen by the scenario maintainers. Although this is the hardest scenario in the campaigns to this point, if I recall correctly, there are also "impossible" scenarios in each of the next three campaigns: The Eastern Invasion, Hammer of Thursagan, and Descent Into Darkness. I'd say The Human Alliance is not even the toughest scenario. So, get used to it. You can beat all these campaigns on hard with no reloads (except from turn 1.)

But yes, The Human Alliance needs to be made much easier, at least on hard. I'd like to see the human force use a defensive approach, the orcs to have much less money, and for the Elvish reinforcements to be dramatically reduced and moved closer to the board edge. It would still be a difficult scenario, because you're juggling three fronts (orcs in northwest, trolls in northeast, and main assault wave from the west into the castle.)
Daxion

Post by Daxion »

Here is what I did, and it seemed to work (I think Version 1.8.0):
Recruit all your high level units. I hope you have some shydes for healing. Send a bulk of your unit as fast as possible to Aldar in the castle. When the orcs arrive sit on the castle taking the dammage that Aldar would otherwise have taken, and slug it out. Hard hitting high LP units with good healers are a must. It's quite confined there, so you will loose a unit or two, but be careful that no orc can enter the castle, you'll be hard pressed to get him off again.
If you then have a few units left, that don't need to go to Aldars castle, send them to the trolls, otherwise they'll give you trouble, but totally ignore North-West Orcs for the first few rounds.

-Daxion
chak_abhi

Post by chak_abhi »

Here is the autosave of turn1.Can anyone please help?
Attachments
LOW-Human_Alliance-Auto-Save1.gz
(81.43 KiB) Downloaded 249 times
Maiklas3000

Post by Maiklas3000 »

chak_abhi wrote:Here is the autosave of turn1.Can anyone please help?
Answered in the other thread (over in Strategy & Tips.)