League of Legends - Season 1

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Valinor

Re: League of Legends - Season 1

Post by Valinor »

Do you have any tips for Kayle-The Judicator, items, tactics, whatever?
I play a fair bit of dota, but have only recently been introduced to LoL.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

My name there is the same name as here and my brother's name is Lunar Tune. I'll send a pm to the friend we were playing with, since he probably hasn't seen this thread and also probably wouldn't accept a friend request from someone hasn't heard of before.

I haven't used the infinity edge or bloodrazor due to cost, the Last Whisper is my second favorite item though (favorite is the armor that gives +770 hp and increases max health/regen everytime I kill something, can't remember the name though).

TT is much smaller than SR, with fewer passages and the turrets much closer together, so it is much easier to play retreat even when slowed.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Aye, I'm very familiar with the TT map, but I'm not as versed in its current meta since I play almost exclusively on SR nowadays. I DO know, however, that it's very easy to tower dive on that map (i.e. ignore the turret and just try to kill the enemy...paying attention to when your hp starts to dip so low that you're in serious danger as well).

You were thinking of Warmog's Armor. It's interesting, but not really my style for some reason. I rarely have gotten it, though I've seen it used to great effect on some champions. The Last Whisper got pretty nerfed recently with some gameplay mechanic revisions; it used to be far and away the best item in the game for its piddling cost. It's still excellent (almost even required) against armor-stacking, though.

EDIT: Upon looking at your recent games, I recommend diversifying who you play at some point. While it can be a great idea to learn the game on a single Champion (you don't have to relearn all your abilities each game as well as learn the mechanics of how to play), once you feel solidly comfortable with the basics of LoL the quickest way to improve is to play every single available Champion while they're free. You will be encountering them a lot in your games, and the best way to avoid dying (or ensure a kill) is to know the capabilities of both yourself and your opponent inside and out. If you have a sparkly magicky Champion that you've never seen before in your lane, you won't know the first thing about how to properly lane against him. Then when he hits level 6, teleports on your face and bursts you down for most of your health in one combo, you'll be totally unprepared (the Champion is Kassadin, btw). Playing each Champion when you can preps you for being able to play well AGAINST them.
Malkor

Post by Malkor »

Hi, I'm Pentarctagon's friend.

My LoL name is "The 7th Keeper"
When the night is as bright as day. When the day is as dark as night.
When all that is, is only cruelty and hatred. When all that ever was, was sorrow. When all that ever will be, will be fear.
When the world ends with you, do you end the world?
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Gonna be a bit busy for the next 24 hours but I'll hop on as soon as I can :>.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

Yeah, I probably should, though since they are free-to-play I at least get to see them played by other people a lot. Though at this point the only 2 champions I have had trouble with are Fiddlesticks (I've only seen the strategy used by Xilyt, fear + drain/crowstorm + lots of ability point upgrades + enhanced speed = annoying as hell, ended up with 23 kills and 3 deaths :( ) and Master Yi with all attack power/attack speed upgrades (though mostly it was the teleporting next to me that has the problem).

I actually rethought buying the warmog's armor, since it eats up a pretty decent amount of gold and I would usually end up getting killed too fast for the regen to work anyway. So now I go entirely for attack until I have 3 Bloodthirsters (armor reduction ftw :) ), which when combined with rapid-fire lets me take down a turret by myself in ~10 seconds.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

• Warmog's is definitely not a good choice on Tristana, it's more a tank item and specialized at that. If she wants survivability, something like phage -> frozen mallet would be a better idea, perhaps a banshees veil against a caster heavy team.
  • I don't know why you think Bthirsters have armor reduction, but stacking them is almost universally a bad idea. You need to make your attack stats synergize, not just max out one. (Damage, speed, armor reduction, crit chance, and crit dmg.) Tristana needs at MOST one aspd item because of her steroid as you mentioned, but don't forget reduction and critical. IMO starks, IE, and perhaps a bthirster, or last whisper IE bthirster would be better on her.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

That's because it turns out the item I was talking about was the Black Cleaver :oops:
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Ahhh. The Black Cleaver is a great item on dps (again, since they're not my primary class, I'm not an expert on them and I overlooked this item). However, stacking it is inadvisable. It maxes out at five stacks whether you have one cleaver or six. However, each attack adds one stack per cleaver you have. So two cleavers maxes you out almost twice as fast...but if you have a fairly high attack speed then it's not really something you have to worry about anyway!

A possible build, disregarding anything going on in the actual game:
After your earlygame utility items and boots of choice, rush an IE, then a Starks, then a Cleaver. If you have the cash after that (which is doubtful), round out with a thirster.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

right now I'm going Black Cleaver -> Blasting Rod -> IE -> Black Cleaver -> (Never got this far), with some boots or armor thrown in there depending on the situation. Interesting fact, on TT tristana's rocket jump can get over the wall protecting the enemy's Nexus :lol2:
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Blasting Rod...like the AP item? Why would you get that if you didn't build it into anything?
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

I probably would, but its kind of rare that a game even lasts to the second Black Cleaver, so I've never had to look for something to build it into and +40 AP for under 1k is pretty decent for increasing rocket jump/buster shot damage.

edit - decided I'm going to use the blasting rod to build a void staff.
Jozrael

Post by Jozrael »

Void Staff, unfortunately, doesn't synergize with your build. You'd be far better served focusing on your physical than having a short side-trip into your AP. AP Tristana IS actually a (somewhat) viable build, if very technical. However, hybrid Tristana isn't, really.

Also, void staff is a pretty bad one-shot AP item. You grab it for when you're a caster who would normally be doing tons of damage already with your items, but they've stacked so much MR (magic resistance) that you're finding it difficult to keep up. The Void Staff devalues their MR by a LOT, in return for having a weaker power quotient in and of itself than any other AP item.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Post by Pentarctagon »

yeah, i'll probably replace it with last whisper or something in that category.
cretin

Post by cretin »

the worst games, when one on your team drops. i had 4 games in a day like that, 2 epic 70 minute games. managed to win one of them. Was Ashe, Rammus, and Zilean (who is awesome) in the matches.

Zilean's chrono powers are awesome at saving teammates lives, its just fun to use.