Top 10 Reasons Why Wesnoth is the best game of all time EVER

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Christheturtle

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Wesnoth is the best game of all time EVER

Post by Christheturtle »

deadman wrote:But in linux world, we gamers have a hard time to find them...
Amen to that. I currently use Linux Mint 8 Helena, mainly because of it's pretty appearance.. But I've also used RedHat, Ubuntu and a version I don't really remember but hey I was very young at the time. I've often switched between windows and linux, mainly based on gaming requirements and it's nice to have something like this I can play on the linux machine. :geek:

I do now have a Sony Vaio laptop that has Windows 7, but if I'm honest... Linux just rocks. I've become used to working through files in the terminal.
www.turtlenetworking.co.uk - 25% completed. Adding more servers. Looking for volunteers.
Mmoor

Post by Mmoor »

Another reason: Colosseum.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

Mmoor wrote:Another reason: Colosseum.
That falls under modability and campaign-makingness
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Mmoor

Post by Mmoor »

Riiiight.
Elvish_Conquerer

Post by Elvish_Conquerer »

I think we can all agree that this list needs to be subjected to a power or ten. lol
"Not only that! He made the AI so smart that, it changes the RNG without affecting statistical analysis! So even if you calculate the probability of getting what you got, it seems reasonable, even though it isn't. We've uncovered a massive conspiracy!"
imBa

Re: Top 10 Reasons Why Wesnoth is the best game of all time

Post by imBa »

IPS wrote:Yeah, other adventage of wesnoth is you can play regardless of your Opperative System :)
This is what I was going to say. Tis' truly the best thing about Wesnoth. Now all us po' folks that can't drop 1500 dollars on an amazing gaming pc have something decent to play. Not to mention most of the other indie gems out there. Anyway....
Facing it, always facing it, that's the way to get through. Face it. - Joseph Conrad