Wesnoth Forum Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Stern
Art Contributor

Re: The Wesnoth Forum Faction (Signup Closed)

Post by Stern »

I think the Knight on horseback with the flaming sword should turn into a large brown dog. I think its humourous for units to level into something completely unexpected.

Stern Unit Text
Spoiler:
Doing things one step at a time. Current Project: Speckles the Toad!
Qazerowl

Post by Qazerowl »

Ummm...
I know this is kinda late, (I forgot I entered myself,) but if I end up advancing from the adept cloak, I thought of somthing for my description.
When a Wesfreak has been around long enough, chances are, one will meet a lich. Sometimes, when this happens, the lich will wear the Wesfreak in order for them both to become stronger. This bond is called a "Qazerowl".
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

elvish_sovereign wrote:Anyhow, I prefer options 1 and 4 because 2 and 3 violate RIPLIB.
tapik wrote:1) The tapik is a dog. Nothing more or less. In this case it could stand outside as the only one monster in this faction. Stats: level 1, neutral, cheap, skirmish, fast, good defence. Melee attack 5-3 blade (fangs), range 3-1 (bark)
This potentially could be interesting.
I think so.
elvish_sovereign wrote:
tapik wrote:2) It is a magical creature. In this case it could be in the tree with mages. May be in the line Summoning Circle-Tapik-Deusite's Dragon. Stats: level 2, neutral, fast. Melee attack 8-3 blade (fangs), range 6-3 (fire)
Hmm....RIPLIB because Araja will probably not have a blade attack.
If I understand RIPLIB, Araja x tapik advancement has the same issue as the necromancers line. The level 1 unit has no melee attack... And I'm sure the Deusite will have a very powerful blade attack.
elvish_sovereign wrote:
tapik wrote:3) It is an animagus. It could be advancement of maramros or better darkshaman. Stats: level 3, lawful, fast, healing, bunch number of HP, resistent against magic. Melee attack 9-4 arcane (fangs). The range attack could be slowing spell (2-2,magic,slow)
RIPLIB because it would lose its magical attack capabilities.
Yes, it's my mistake. Melee attack should be magic. The idea of this advancement is to put his magic power from his staff directly to the new body - attacking fangs and a healing tongue.
elvish_sovereign wrote:
tapik wrote:4) It is a werewolf (as was my first idea). In this case it has to advance unknown enemy. Stats: level 3, chaotic, fast, skirmish, regenerate. Melee attack 9-4 cold (fangs). The range attack could be wail (5-3). I prefer "more than chaotic" with bonus/malus 50%, but I don't know how to implement it.
I think this is cool, but the sprite might want to be slightly recolored? Otherwise I like it. What might be cool is drain for the melee. Of course, less powerful but yeah.
It's my favorite.
The best will be to change the sprite (or switch to another unit) according to day-phase (I don't know if it is possible). For day phase the current sprite is good and for the night phase it changes to bigger and bloody werewolf. The description could contain: "They like children. They play with them at midnoon and eat them under full moon".

The cold drain fangs attack 7-4 sounds great!
Last edited by tapik on July 21st, 2010, 11:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

Golbeeze wrote:Wow that chart is confusing. Could you just make your own version without the extra red arrows involved? I think it will be much easier to comprehend what you are after.
I'm sorry I thought that the picture is clear, but it is confusing.

It's a diff against the final tree.
Red cross means "this is removed", red arrow means "this is a new advancement". And yes, two crossed units were moved.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

[quote="tapik"]If I understand RIPLIB, Araja x tapik advancement has the same issue as the necromancers line. The level 1 unit has no melee attack... And I'm sure the Deusite will have a very powerful blade attack.
Not really, in fact I had planned him to have only 7-3 blade. In order to keep the line intact, he has 8-4 magical. So he is more really of a magical creature that the Mage transformed to. It's just that he has quite a bit more hp and 1 more mp than inferno8. And he becomes lawful. While inferno8 has a *much* more powerful ranged attack.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Switched Araja and PeterPorty. I think it works better than the previous version.
Attachments
new.png
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

The heavy melee still makes absolutely no sense, but I don't think tapik or araja will fit better anywhere else, so that's probably just as good a spot as any other.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

IMO the best place for Araja is to advance from ParadiseCity/The "?" Ghost. It respects RIPLIB and at the same time can make sense from a more realistic point of view.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Again, just tossing out ideas: :whistle:

What if Maramros took the Saurian Corrupted Shaman's (sur.nhm I think?) place, and sur.nhm and inferno8 got moved up one level?
Then Araja could be the level one generic-magic-unit which can advance into the "?" ghost and enter the necromancer line, or enter the saurian magic line which ends up with inferno8.
Araja

Post by Araja »

That would make sense...

I kind of imagined myself as a line-terminating L2 which was either healing or defense-oriented (Do we have any healers?). If not, I'll accept the position as generic magical thingy which hasn't decided what it is yet.
Maramros

Post by Maramros »

That's fine with me... However, I had always liked one of the original proposals, where the saurian Corrupted Shaman advanced into the ? ghost... the Shaman looks like it's gathering its cloak around itself, and then it poofs into a cloud of mysteriousness... but oh well.
Please remember, my opinion is my opinion. Please listen, but my opinion is only, and will never be more than, my opinion. It is not yours. You do not have to act on it. I'm not telling you what to do.
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:Again, just tossing out ideas: :whistle:

What if Maramros took the Saurian Corrupted Shaman's (sur.nhm I think?) place, and sur.nhm and inferno8 got moved up one level?
Then Araja could be the level one generic-magic-unit which can advance into the "?" ghost and enter the necromancer line, or enter the saurian magic line which ends up with inferno8.
Sounds fine to me.
Deusite
Translator

Post by Deusite »

PeterPorty wrote:As I said, if mine is too much trouble, I have no problem in changing my sprite. If I have to, I would like the MoonBlade Wrag, (or whatever it's called) from Era of Myths. (The white fur werewolf). I yhink that would be better with Tapik's sprite?
To remind you, it looks like this:

As such, I have created
Units: A Ponderence
think_think_and_think_again.png
The Hunter line has lost an advancement, but in my opinion, they are recruited primarily for their slow ability, like how the Orcish Assassin and Ghoul line are both recruited for poison (and minor tanking duties). The bad thing is that the melee line loses an advancement, but heavy melee makes much more sense. As for IPS - Araja - Deusite (me! :Awesome:), I was expecting to advance from Araja if anyone, because we're both magical units and our unit descriptions fit nicely in my opinion. The colour scheme fits, which is always a +1 and if any mage line is going to reincarnate itself as a magical blob and possibly evil wyrm, it makes the most sense to me for it to be a disappointed WML Wizard (IPS), call it the dark side of WML wizardry.
Last edited by Deusite on July 21st, 2010, 6:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AKA Marz
Two profiles are better than one
Latin Translator
Aura

Post by Aura »

Do we even need a hunter line ? They could easily be added into the scout line (by making the scout a level zero), or even the archer line. I also feel my unit should be the Lv 3 in the leader section of Deusite's tree over elvish_sovereign (or he should choose a more impressive image) because at the moment it feels like a downgrade sprite-wise (nothing to do with me being a level 3, just sprite issues).
Deusite
Translator

Post by Deusite »

I placed Aura as a level two mainly because it's odd for a human to advance into elf back into a human again, and maybe a hint of forum rank.

I think 7 is right for initial recruits. Having six and one a level 0 feels too underpowered to me. Here's the default lineup for comparison:
  • Loys: 8
  • Undead: 7 (two level 0s)
  • Drakes: 6
  • Rebels: 7
  • Northerners: 7 (one level 0)
  • Knalgans: 8
AKA Marz
Two profiles are better than one
Latin Translator