Where did you get your username from?

The place for chatting and discussing subjects unrelated to Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Frogger5

Re: Where did you get your username from?

Post by Frogger5 »

Although Frogger has frog in it and frogs are awesome, my username isn't actually to do with frogs all that much. The word Frogger came to me when I was in year 1. When I first saw my brother playing frogger on snes, I connected it with frogs thus came the way I started spelling it. The first time I used Frogger on the internet was on Club Penguin. Frogger was taken so I added 5, and it stuck. I use Frogger, Frogger5, or Frogger52 everywhere. Neopets (which FYI I no longer use) i draw and paint, stencyl, etc. In my literature, the central idea is a magical god like soul called Froggar (with rolled r's and a breathy a). When I actually started thinking about it I thought of the character as Frogger because the name stuck with me so much. It sounded ot much like a computer game, so I changed it. OK so I'm getting a bit carried away here, but there you go.
(Actually the Froggar who is the main character in my first idea is the 5th being to have the name of Froggar.)
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
Midnight_Carnival

Post by Midnight_Carnival »

Not sure if anyone's interested in mine, you can skip to the next if you want.
I was, but I knew because you responded to something I said about the Tain, or refered to it somewhere. Love Irish myth/legends, Brian Boru roxored, but came nowhere close to Goll mc Morna, and certainly can't be compared to Cuchullain.

Send my regards to the Morrigan when she drags you off to faery.
...apparenly we can't go with it or something.
galicae
Translator

Post by galicae »

I read lots of Asterix comics when I was younger (I still do...). "Galica" is the word for the sandal the roman soldiers wore, "galicae" is the plural. I liked it a lot, though I don't know why. I found out nice names come out of randomly typing on the keyboard. My username would be "segf" or "Arega", if it wasn't galicae.
btw, Arega is going to be the name of the hero of my next campaign, only because I couldn't name him "segf".
working on the greek translation
boru

Post by boru »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:Love Irish myth/legends, Brian Boru roxored, but came nowhere close to Goll mc Morna, and certainly can't be compared to Cuchullain.
It's kind of like saying George Washington was cool but he'd lose in a fight with Superman and Batman, but okay. :)
Midnight_Carnival wrote:Send my regards to the Morrigan when she drags you off to faery.
(disappointed) you mean this isn't faery?
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Tshemmp

Post by Tshemmp »

My first nick was "Bluewave". I got it from a racing game where my favorite car had this name. But after one of my friends told me he found this name stupid I found it stupid, too. You see: Bluewave --> a blue wave, haha, very cool. So i decided to find a new nick. Well, and i always loved spelling things wrong, because i was really good in spelling. And then "Champ" came up. I modified it a bit et voilá: "Tshemmp".
You may think now this name isn't really better than "Bluewave", but in my opinion it is. And: I already met other "Bluewaves", but as "Tshemmp" I am alone in the world.
Theoretically there is no difference between theory and practice. Practically there is.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

I honestly never would have connected "Tshemmp" with the word "champ" if you hadn't posted that....
Aura

Post by Aura »

Nowhere in particular to be honest. Normally it has ~ at the start and end (~Aura~) but for some reason I have now forgotten I dropped them for this forum. I think it's just because "Aura" looks neater than "~Aura~" and on the first forum I used "~Aura~", "Aura" was already taken.
Qazerowl

Post by Qazerowl »

About 5 years ago, Runescape screwed up, and Qazero wouldn't work. Neither did Qazerow. So I just added the "L" because I thought it wouldn't work. Now, it's my username for EVERYTHING.
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

For me is mere foolishness, I was quite young for that time, and since I like magic and fantasy themes and I liked things related to darkness, I did just messed up both anyway... Still now I still like darkness a bit more, I love nightime, black, gret, dark red, dark blue etc... and I KNOW some people around me notices something sad/dark on me that I can't control, and I still like the magic thingies; sadly, this name is likely chosen almost anywhere...

Actually, the meaning of the name has changed, on it's origins it was just a "evil-like" name, while now it is a bit more deep, something like I know I am dark, and thus is a Mage who feels Dark, indeed I tend to be Nicked as "Dark"...(Still, is a very common name... I may change nick into Dark or something...)[Although I have some other nicks]
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

Midnight_Carnival wrote:I know that "master" and "lord" etc... are normally taken on forums, I wanted a name that reflected my character. I thought of calling myself banannalunch or binky_and_the_flying_cows, but M_C just seemed better.

I was inspired by the Carnival Night stage in Sonic and Knuckels, particularly that bit where all the lights go down.

For Grey_Area, I got the name from a spaceship in an Ian M Banks story, it had an interesting nickname.
Indeed. It is from Excession. its nickname was the Meatfucker (Because It used to read people's minds).
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

My name is the Dark God of Magic in a novel that I happen to be writing at the moment (just for fun, unless I can convince someone to publish it). As far as I know, I invented the word and I use it (or a variation) for practically everything-so if you see anyone called Vladcara, odds on its me
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
George Bush, when shown a map of the world
Frogger5

Post by Frogger5 »

Join the club. :D

Exactly the same for me.
My spritework can be seen here.

Want to play Roll 2 Dodge, or even start your own game?http://rolltododge.freeforums.org/index.php We need you!
anakayub
Moderator Emeritus

Post by anakayub »

Anakayub = child of Ayub in Malay. Lazy.
Take a breath.
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

1: Lazy? wut?
2: I'm the same on every site too. XD
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra
Zarel

Post by Zarel »

My first usernames were "cool" and "dark" like "shadowstriker9" since I was ten years old and that kind of stuff was trendy.

Since then, I started disliking having numbers after my name, and at around the same time I somehow had the presence of mind that "dark" might not be trendy in a few years, so I used "Zarel", the word for "dark" in a conlang I was working on.

"Zarel" was five characters and pronounceable, and hence taken at the majority of places, so I generally end up with "ZarelSL" on anywhere with more than 100K users or so. At that time, I really didn't want numbers, so I added "SL" and figured I could backronym it later. :P The current backronym is "Seran Lor", a character in the setting I was conlanging for.

My avatar, on the other hand, is a glider. Every once in a while, I get someone PMing/emailing me saying "Your avatar is backwards. The Hacker Emblem faces the other way" and I reply "That's because it's not the Emblem, it's a glider." Once, someone actually said "Your avatar is backwards. Gliders face the other way." That guy clearly had no idea what a glider is. :|
Proud creator of the :whistle: smiley | I prefer the CC-0 license.