The Rise of Camdar SP Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Hunter

Re: The Rise of Camdar SP Campaign

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

I've noticed two bugs so far:
In The War Begins, I have no recall list available and both Alnar and Rhodar are reverted to Level 1 and Level 2 respectively. Probably a good fix is to store all units at the end of The Serpent Lord and unstore them to the recall list at The War Begins turn 6 (except Alnar and Rhodar, that will be unstored on the battlefield).
In Soradoc, killing the enemy general doesn't lead to a victory, because the unit ID and the filter in its last breath event are different.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

@Elvish_Hunter: Thanks for your comments. I'll try and fix the first one ASAP. As for the second, I've already patched it. Redownload it from the serever and it should work
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
George Bush, when shown a map of the world
Tiptopdu

Post by Tiptopdu »

Hello,
About the 2nd bug, I confirm, it is fixed. Good work! ;-)
Ciao,
Tiptopdu
Tiptopdu

Post by Tiptopdu »

Hello again!
There is a new bug, in the scenario "Showdown". An error message appear, saying "Unknow unit type : Heavy Infantry while scoring units' and "Condition 'enemy_info' failed at src/al/default/al.cpp:1348 in function 'get_combat_score_vs' (see the attached file... If I succeed in attached anything :-) )
Bye,
Tiptopdu
Attachments
Doc.pdf
(288.09 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
Doc.pdf
(288.09 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

This happens because, at line 507 of 11_Showdown.cfg, you have "Heavy Infantry". To fix this, replace it with "Heavy Infantryman". :eng:
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Thanks elvish hunter. Unfortunately, Wesnoth is playing me up at the moment. As soon as I fix it, I'll patch the campaign
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to say that the campaign has been patched. All above bugs have been (hopefully) fixed, and a few balancing and storyline issues have been sorted out as well.

Thanks all,
Vladcara
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
Lollipopz

Post by Lollipopz »

When trying to start campaign it says: Unknown scenario: "Flight"
"Neighbour knocked my door at midnight. Instead of sugar he wanted brains. I gave bullets."

Resistance is futile. Ponies will take over the internet.
Vladcara

Post by Vladcara »

The error was, as usual, caused by a single missing speech mark. In a completely different file to the one the error message stated. And thus was your signature proven true.

Anyways, thanks for telling me, and the fixed version is available for download now
'Wow, Brazil's big!'
hermes23

Post by hermes23 »

Nice campaign so far. I found the scenarios on the easy side (playing on normal); only the first 'Flight' was a little challenging. However, there's a bug in 'The Road to Weldyn' (see comments below)... Here's some feedback:

Flight: There were too many loyal troops to start off with (only 3 died if I remember correctly), but maybe I was just lucky. Anyway, this also led to too much gold stockpiled in the further scenarios.

Extermination: I would suggest giving Rhodar the quick trait - it gets rather annoying seeing that general Wesnoth 'heroes' and most add-ons have 6MP not 5. I was looking forward to 'exterminating' all the enemies, but by the time Rhodar literally CRAWLED to the nearest keep (turn 15 or 16, coordinates 23.14), the scenario ended 3 turns later (presumably the enemy leader/s got killed). I didn't see a single enemy at all apart from 1 near-dead giant spider. I did manage to meet the naga ally though, which was the most interesting thing of the scenario. Alternatively, you could put the keep nearer to his starting point (perhaps I missed something with the fog on), or change the terrain to be more 'Rhodar-friendly' (more grassland and some bridges).

The War Begins: Are Rhodar and Alnar meant to revert back to level 2 and 1 respectively? Also, the recall list was not available.

The Road to Weldyn: the scenario objectives state "Move Rhodar to the signpost". When I did, he said "Success... Onwards", and then the message 'you have been defeated' came up. Now, I'm not sure if one is meant to defeat both enemy leaders (I was being lazy using high-level loyal troops with footpad fodder)... And that's where I stopped playing.

General comments/suggestions:
1) Would be nice if there was incentive/bonus to defeat all enemy leaders (ex. The Road to Weldyn, Goblins).
2) A lot less loyal units (probably just Alnar, the saurian, and 2 more at the most), to make you manage your gold and units smarter - it's too easy and unbalanced otherwise.
3) Balance-wise, more enemies/increase enemy gold (for normal difficulty - it's still on the easy side if this is a beginner campaign) would be nicer.
4) Perhaps you can make the loyal saurian a soothsayer instead of an oracle? It just suits better with general Wesnoth gameplay to have the 8HP healing.

That's about it; hope this helps.
varc

Post by varc »

I found a bug:
Linux is case sensitive, so the 'The_Serpent_Lord' map name should be the same as in '07_The_Serpent_Lord.cfg' map_data. :)

Good campaign for Wesnoth beginners.