Legend of Wesmere question

General feedback and discussion of the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Captain_Wrathbow

Re: Legend of Wesmere question

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

userdata/saves or userdata/data/saves or something like that. It's not hard. Poke around a bit.
Gaaren

Post by Gaaren »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:userdata/saves or userdata/data/saves or something like that. It's not hard. Poke around a bit.

:/
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

That's your game data directory, not your userdata directory.

To find your userdata directory, go here. Once you have found it you should see the following folders:
- cache
- data
- editor
- saves
- upload
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Gaaren

Post by Gaaren »

shadowblack wrote:That's your game data directory, not your userdata directory.

To find your userdata directory, go here. Once you have found it you should see the following folders:
- cache
- data
- editor
- saves
- upload
Oh lol, I suck.
Why do they split it in two locations, that's silly.

Thanks!
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

One of them is global, the other one is user specific - if there are multiple users of Wesnoth on the same computer, each has an own userdata directory, which does not interfere with the other one. So, nobody else than you can delete your safes or add-ons.
Gaaren

Post by Gaaren »

pauxlo wrote:One of them is global, the other one is user specific - if there are multiple users of Wesnoth on the same computer, each has an own userdata directory, which does not interfere with the other one. So, nobody else than you can delete your safes or add-ons.
Aha! ... :hmm:
You're talking about multiplayer accounts now?
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Gaaren wrote:
pauxlo wrote:One of them is global, the other one is user specific - if there are multiple users of Wesnoth on the same computer, each has an own userdata directory, which does not interfere with the other one. So, nobody else than you can delete your safes or add-ons.
Aha! ... :hmm:
No, simply Windows user accounts. (Each of them would usually also have an own multiplayer account, though.)

If you are the sole user of your computer, this would not concern you. But if other people (for example family members) use your computer, too, they should have their own (Windows) user accounts, and then they would have individual Wesnoth userdata directories.

(The same applies for any other Operating system.)
Gaaren

Post by Gaaren »

pauxlo wrote:
Gaaren wrote: Aha! ... :hmm:
No, simply Windows user accounts. (Each of them would usually also have an own multiplayer account, though.)

If you are the sole user of your computer, this would not concern you. But if other people (for example family members) use your computer, too, they should have their own (Windows) user accounts, and then they would have individual Wesnoth userdata directories.

(The same applies for any other Operating system.)
Oh, now I get it.
So if my brother played Wesnoth on this computer with another user his saves would be seperated from mine in his own documents...?
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

Exactly. :D
Gaaren

Post by Gaaren »

Captain_Wrathbow wrote:Exactly. :D
W00T, I made it!

Legend of Wesmere got some scenarios where I have to start over to try a new tactic, unlike most other campaigns. O_o